Wiki Posts
Search

Need help quick!

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2016, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Need help quick!

Found a great mileage award/routing but it includes a segment on DL. Never booked one of these.

Will I have to pay for a seat? Do they have an a la carte like AS for carryons on their regional planes?

I'm currently on hold (for between 51 minutes and 1 hour 18 minutes!!! Are they SERIOUS???)...so want to know if I should go ahead and book this and then call later to get my seat.

Help!
Old May 20, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: AS, SQ, SPG, IHG
Hi Eujeanie--you shouldn't need to pay for a seat on an award ticket, and I think AS elites still have access to the exit row. On the CRJ700/900, expect a planeside valet service similar to a la carte but not as well-branded.

If you book it, you should be able to choose a seat online with the Delta confirmation code on the Delta website.
Old May 20, 2016, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! That worked out fine - no problem seeing my DL confirm # and going over to their website to choose a seat - just a short flight so didn't really matter, just like to have something. Appreciate your help.
Old May 20, 2016, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
If the first segment (out of EUG) is on AS/QX, then you'll be able to check bags for free regardless of the fact that your trip includes a DL segment.

I've got some DL flights with my family coming up and we really need to check bags so my wife got the DL AMEX with the free baggage and 30K DL miles after $1000 in spending. We'll just add her DL # to get free bags for everyone on the itinerary and on the revenue (non-award) flights, we'll swap out the DL # for her AS # after checking the bags, but before boarding the DL flight. It sounds like a bit of a hassle, but I'm too much of a cheapskate to pay baggage fees.
Old May 20, 2016, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
but I'm too much of a cheapskate to pay baggage fees.
Me too! AS has us so spoiled.

In our case it is the very first segment on the return with DL, and while I'm pretty sure we'll just have carry-ons, if we did want to check a bag it would be free on DL because we're Gold with AS, correct?
Old May 20, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I'm currently on hold (for between 51 minutes and 1 hour 18 minutes!!!
Wow. Are the systems down or is there inclement weather that is causing delays/cancellations?
Old May 20, 2016, 4:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Alaska Lounge, HHonors Silver, Bonvoy Gold, National Executive
Me too! AS has us so spoiled.

In our case it is the very first segment on the return with DL, and while I'm pretty sure we'll just have carry-ons, if we did want to check a bag it would be free on DL because we're Gold with AS, correct?
Nope. No baggage allowance with Delta anymore.
Old May 20, 2016, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lg20
Nope. No baggage allowance with Delta anymore.
This is sad but true....no more free bags on DL for AS elites which is why my wife got the DL Amex for the free bag benefit.
Old May 20, 2016, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

I swear I posted a response to this of "then carryons it shall be", so I guess I'll say it again now.

I haven't flown Delta in no joke 10 years but when I called (to be offered the hour wait) they said "we have a skymiles account associated with this phone number". I thought that was pretty funny. Didn't help with my potential wait time.
Old May 20, 2016, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I swear I posted a response to this of "then carryons it shall be", so I guess I'll say it again now.

I haven't flown Delta in no joke 10 years but when I called (to be offered the hour wait) they said "we have a skymiles account associated with this phone number". I thought that was pretty funny. Didn't help with my potential wait time.
I too try to avoid flying DL if possible, but this year were taking the family to visit family in ABR and DL is the only airline that flies there (not to mention the fact that I figured now was a good time to use my AS miles for DL flights)....and we found tickets from PDX-SJC on DL (via SEA) for around $55 one-way (unfortunately no match by AS).
Old May 20, 2016, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

I had to look up ABR...Aberdeen, South Dakota?

Have fun!
Old May 20, 2016, 6:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
deleted

Last edited by Westcoaster; May 20, 2016 at 6:10 pm Reason: will ask my question elsewhere
Old May 20, 2016, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Sorry can't help, we just hope to get lucky with random free PreChecks.

No one will find your question buried here, I'd start a new thread if I were you.
Old May 20, 2016, 6:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Sorry can't help, we just hope to get lucky with random free PreChecks.

No one will find your question buried here, I'd start a new thread if I were you.
I'll delete my post and check elsewhere. Good luck with your trip.
Old May 20, 2016, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had to look up ABR...Aberdeen, South Dakota?

Have fun!
Thanks...literally in the middle of nowhere and since I think the amount of time we'll be able to use AS miles for DL flights is limited, I figured we'd better go there this summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.