Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

We want you back - "Challenge" to get MVP G 75K back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2016, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K

Just got this in my mail box...

Here's another chance to requalify for MVP Gold 75K status. Simply register and fly 20,000 miles on Alaska between January 15 and April 15, 2016, and we'll reward you with MVP Gold 75K status for the rest of 2016.

Maybe some mileage runs are on my horizon
Old Jan 13, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Where's my email?
Take me back baby! I promise I won't take you for granted anymore. I won't treat you like the other airlines, they're nothing.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by hiima
Where's my email?
Take me back baby! I promise I won't take you for granted anymore. I won't treat you like the other airlines, they're nothing.
Huh? In this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...a-i-guess.html you said you got your 75k via a status match and only flew about 10k on AS, banking all your AA and BA flights to AA. (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25979181-post11.html). And that AA is the "only place for me".
Old Jan 13, 2016, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Well, you know, gotta have those shiny plastic cards even if you're not going to use them.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 3:57 pm

I got the same message. I presume this means for flights that happen ONLY on Alaska-run flights (or should I say "on Alaska metal")? I typically fly international, but credit my flights to Alaska because I love them so.

Perhaps it's time for some domestic flights. Do miles+cash count the same for EQM?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Well, you know, gotta have those shiny plastic cards even if you're not going to use them.
I still have my plastic card from last year.

I'm just saying, where's my email. And I was trying to joke about them taking me back. Even without Alaska status, I have to fly Alaska fairly often. LAX-SEA are serviced only by AS, DL, and VS. AS being the best out of the three.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by nateinuk
I got the same message. I presume this means for flights that happen ONLY on Alaska-run flights (or should I say "on Alaska metal")? I typically fly international, but credit my flights to Alaska because I love them so.

Perhaps it's time for some domestic flights. Do miles+cash count the same for EQM?
Yes, only Alaska metal. No I don't believe cash and miles count for EQM.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:43 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Yes, only Alaska metal. No I don't believe cash and miles count for EQM.
From the Mileage Plan Conditions of Membership page:

The following types of tickets are not eligible for accrual of Mileage Plan Miles:

Mileage Plan Award tickets, with the exception of AS50 Money and Miles Awards

I could find nothing that says M&M miles are not EQM.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 5:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Originally Posted by dave1013
From the Mileage Plan Conditions of Membership page:

The following types of tickets are not eligible for accrual of Mileage Plan Miles:

Mileage Plan Award tickets, with the exception of AS50 Money and Miles Awards

I could find nothing that says M&M miles are not EQM.
From Earn & Use Miles:

We even offer the option of using Money & Miles for a discount off of a purchased ticket ... and you'll earn miles when traveling on it.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Money & Miles awards definitely count for EQMs. We use them for some QX flights and the miles always post towards status.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Just got this in my mail box...

Here's another chance to requalify for MVP Gold 75K status. Simply register and fly 20,000 miles on Alaska between January 15 and April 15, 2016, and we'll reward you with MVP Gold 75K status for the rest of 2016.

Maybe some mileage runs are on my horizon
By how much did you miss that status level?

I was 75k via status match and put virtually all my travel on AS (or partners where needed), but didn't have time for MRs. Missed gold by 7000, but happy with MVP. The AS experience has been a good one.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:57 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Finkface
Huh? In this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...a-i-guess.html you said you got your 75k via a status match and only flew about 10k on AS, banking all your AA and BA flights to AA. (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25979181-post11.html). And that AA is the "only place for me".
I still have my plastic card from last year.

I'm just saying, where's my email.
Your flying patterns and obvious gaming of the system have probably been flagged by AS. Unless you were close to requalifying you most likely will not get the challenge.

I can't believe I was that polite in responding to this flyer.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by BOB W

Speaking completely hypothetically, the challenged probably do not receive a challenge.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 9:31 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by BOB W
Your flying patterns and obvious gaming of the system have probably been flagged by AS. Unless you were close to requalifying you most likely will not get the challenge.

I don't understand why s/he even wants the status when only flying 10k a year on AS. Is it to sell/trade the GGU's? A bit of a waste of a once-in-a-lifetime status match IMHO.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Finkface
I don't understand why s/he even wants the status when only flying 10k a year on AS. Is it to sell/trade the GGU's? A bit of a waste of a once-in-a-lifetime status match IMHO.
Again I was joking. I matched because I thought maybe I would bank all my AA and BA flights onto AS, but before I did that I realized I would not be able to get OW status for lounge and bags. So I ended up renewing my AA status. If I had banked all my flights to AS I would've probably gotten the challenge email as I would've had MVPG. I'm okay with AA status giving seats and bags on AS. Now if AS had reciprocal lounge access and baggage for CX and BA, I'd be all over AS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.