Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

We want you back - "Challenge" to get MVP G 75K back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

We want you back - "Challenge" to get MVP G 75K back

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:53 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

AS shouldn't match to 75K. If someone is serious about switching to AS, Gold is fine for time it would take him/her to earn 75K by flying.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ou81two
Realistically though, it takes an obscene amount of miles to get on DL and I haven't seen pretty much any AF/KL availability.
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rt-europe.aspx

AF/KL round-trip to Europe: 65k Y / 125k C
DL round-trip to Europe: 60k Y / 125k C

Just searched on AS, saw DL to/from LHR, DL and KL to/from AMS, DL and AF to/from CDG.

Of course it's random dates in February (duh, of course there are awards, it's low season, July is a much tougher nut to crack) and the AS booking engine is... apparently unreliable. Worked fine for me the last award I booked though.

AA is also there with pretty consistent Y and scattered C. Losing Skyteam to Europe would be a huge blow, the rants on the AA forum about awards are pretty omnipresent. OW is arguably the weakest alliance for Europe given that their coverage of continental Europe is AB; BA and IB are on the periphery (LHR/MAD), and BA means fuel scamcharges.

Oh, I forgot: FI wants about $400 in fuel scamcharges/taxes round trip for their "business class" (read: similar to AS F), plus 110k miles.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Jan 20, 2016 at 11:47 pm
Old Jan 21, 2016, 12:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by dayone
AS shouldn't match to 75K. If someone is serious about switching to AS, Gold is fine for time it would take him/her to earn 75K by flying.
AS used to believe this for several years... then something changed
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Interesting they are doing this. Having been a gold for I think 18 years now last year I was 7000 miles short of 75, all on AS metal. I called and pleaded for a shot at G75 as I have more flying this year and I think will pull it off but they said no way unless I was less than 5,000 miles away. Ugh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.