Search
Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ashill
New Thread with 738 Fleet Tracking

739 thread with fleet tracking

Original Press Release

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com/newsroom
Seats in the Premium Class section will have at least 35" of pitch, compared to 31" to 32" in the rest of the main cabin. To make room for the Premium Class while maintaining pitch in the main cabin, Alaska will reconfigure and reduce the number of seats available on some aircraft. Also, pitch in the First Class cabin will be increased from 36" to 41" providing a significantly enhanced experience for those customers.

Code:
 Model     Fleet count       Current seats           Reconfigured cabin
 (First class/Main cabin)(First class/Premium class/Main)

737-800       61               16/147                    12/30/117

737-900/900ER 77               16/165                    16/24/138

E175          15               12/64                     12/12/52
737-800s: Rows 6-10 are Premium
737-900/900ERs: Rows 6-9 are Premium

All 737-800s have been converted. 737-900s now in work. All aircraft to be complete by end of 2017.

Snack Box info from AKCuisine and Post 514:

3" x 3" x 2" box weighing in at 2.17 ounces. It's also "locally sourced - which translates to "Distributed by Oakfield Farms Solutions LLC, Grapevine, Texas."

Inside the box is 1.16 oz of Craisins (110 cal); 0.63 oz of unsalted almonds (100 cal); and a 0.375 oz square of Ghirardelli chocolate (50 cals) - total, 260 calories.
Print Wikipost

Premium Class Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
Exit row passengers do not, and have not in the recent past, received early boarding (as another poster has speculated).
On both my July and August flights, row 6 and two exit rows were not only announced, but (at least in one case) shown on a board above the boarding line, as boarding after those with higher status but before the rest of economy.

But you had to be watching to pay attention. When the board showed what was coming up, it didn't mention that. But when the previous group (higher status) had boarded, the board suddenly changed to show that those 3 rows were available for boarding.

So it's not speculation, it's actually been happening!

(This was at LAX, SEA, and ANC, on flights between those.)
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by sdsearch
On both my July and August flights, row 6 and two exit rows were not only announced, but (at least in one case) shown on a board above the boarding line, as boarding after those with higher status but before the rest of economy.

But you had to be watching to pay attention. When the board showed what was coming up, it didn't mention that. But when the previous group (higher status) had boarded, the board suddenly changed to show that those 3 rows were available for boarding.

So it's not speculation, it's actually been happening!

(This was at LAX, SEA, and ANC, on flights between those.)
I may be a moron about this. I thought I paid closer attention, but since I usually board with the MVP Gold/75K group, I am not always around for the later boarding sequence and hadn't noticed.

Sorry about that. I usually try to have fact-based commentary here on FT, and I appear to have failed this time. (Public shaming may ensue.)
Old Sep 30, 2016, 4:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by seattlenerd
i may be a moron about this. I thought i paid closer attention, but since i usually board with the mvp gold/75k group, i am not always around for the later boarding sequence and hadn't noticed.

Sorry about that. I usually try to have fact-based commentary here on ft, and i appear to have failed this time. (public shaming may ensue.)
boo this man!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 5:10 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Chugach
boo this man!
In my feeble defense, I was right about the reason for the exit row consistency.

Back OT, I'll be very interested to see if/how the boarding process changes when full Premium Economy is implemented. And I promise to pay attention.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 8:49 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Cunard Diamond
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
I may be a moron about this. I thought I paid closer attention, but since I usually board with the MVP Gold/75K group, I am not always around for the later boarding sequence and hadn't noticed.

Sorry about that. I usually try to have fact-based commentary here on FT, and I appear to have failed this time. (Public shaming may ensue.)
I had an exit seat today and the GA did not call separate boarding. I asked when i finally got to the front of the line and was told the process changed last week and exit rows no longer get priority boarding. Waste of the $15 esp since I had to scramble to find bin space 😠
Old Oct 1, 2016, 9:58 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tatia
I had an exit seat today and the GA did not call separate boarding. I asked when i finally got to the front of the line and was told the process changed last week and exit rows no longer get priority boarding. Waste of the $15 esp since I had to scramble to find bin space 😠
Yes the benefits of a free drink and priority boarding 'quietly' vanished from the preferred plus seating policy.

I just reached out to an AS supervisor and said that what you experienced was misleading especially since you paid for the seating and it wasn't complimentary. The supervisor instructed to call Customer Care on Monday when they are open and explain what happened and to tell them you were under the impression that a free drink and priority boarding still applied for both Row 6 and the exit rows. You most likely will receive a travel credit for what you paid and perhaps even more compensation for the inconvenience as a good will gesture.

The supervisor did state that this is only temporary as the airline is in the process of getting ready to launch the new policy that is supposed to include all priority boarding, free drinks, and more.

I personally think its wrong to have stripped down the preferred plus seating product to just a hard product "perk."
Attached Images  
Old Oct 3, 2016, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by wanderlust4life
Yes the benefits of a free drink and priority boarding 'quietly' vanished from the preferred plus seating policy.

I personally think its wrong to have stripped down the preferred plus seating product to just a hard product "perk."
Has free drink gone away? It seems free drink is still here, tho nothing on the priority boarding. https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...yond-preferred

Preferred plus seats

On select flights, we're offering a special seating option: Preferred Plus seats. With more legroom, easy seat access, and a free drink, these seats are a better value than anything you'll find at 35,000 feet.

Look for the option to upgrade when you check-in online, at a kiosk, on our app, or in person with an Alaska customer service agent. For more information about Preferred Plus seats, please visit our policy page.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jiburi
Has free drink gone away? It seems free drink is still here, tho nothing on the priority boarding. https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...yond-preferred
Wow thats incredible. In under a week, they've removed the priority boarding and free drink perk, and then within the past 48 hours, readded the free drink and priority boarding perks back to the page!! Just terrible inconsistency.

Im glad I took that screenshot on Friday to show evidence that they had stripped the perks.
Attached Images    

Last edited by wanderlust4life; Oct 3, 2016 at 6:44 pm
Old Oct 3, 2016, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wanderlust4life
Wow thats incredible. In under a week, they've removed the priority boarding and free drink perk, and then within the past 48 hours, readded the free drink and priority boarding perks back to the page!! Just terrible inconsistency.

Im glad I took that screenshot on Friday to show evidence that they had stripped the perks.
I'll leave the posting of a youtube link of the Osmonds doing "(I Feel Like A) Yo-Yo" to someone else...
Old Oct 3, 2016, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I'll leave the posting of a youtube link of the Osmonds doing "(I Feel Like A) Yo-Yo" to someone else...
Hilarious! ^
Old Oct 4, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
... and stripped back again
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...-returned.html
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...red-plus-seats
Old Oct 5, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Whiplash!
Old Oct 5, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Whiplash!

Old Oct 16, 2016, 8:19 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Might have found a date(-ish) for official Premium Class launch, at least on the Embraers. I just booked PDX-BUR for 1/7, and the seat map for shows rows 6-8 as refundable/elite seats, not Preferred Plus--but empty. When I got to seat selection in the booking process, though, those three rows were entirely unavailable. The disappearance of Preferred Plus seems to start on 1/4 on that route, as well as on 1/5 for OO-operated PDX-BOI and PDX-AUS--and my PDX-AUS round trip later in January is showing 6-8 as full too.

Given this info, I think it's very safe to infer that Premium will be for MVP upgrades at check-in. How does it appear for you Golds and 75Ks?
Old Oct 16, 2016, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by jinglish
Might have found a date(-ish) for official Premium Class launch, at least on the Embraers. I just booked PDX-BUR for 1/7, and the seat map for shows rows 6-8 as refundable/elite seats, not Preferred Plus--but empty. When I got to seat selection in the booking process, though, those three rows were entirely unavailable. The disappearance of Preferred Plus seems to start on 1/4 on that route, as well as on 1/5 for OO-operated PDX-BOI and PDX-AUS--and my PDX-AUS round trip later in January is showing 6-8 as full too.

Given this info, I think it's very safe to infer that Premium will be for MVP upgrades at check-in. How does it appear for you Golds and 75Ks?
I just did a check as well and I saw the same thing for the 1/7 PDX-BUR. The first picture is the seat map and the second picture is when its time to select a seat. Im a 75K and those seats are blocked just as they are for you.

I wonder what this is going to mean. Maybe Golds and 75ks won't be able to get these seats at booking and it'll be a whole new upgrade window scheme like it probably will be for First class.
Attached Images   

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.