Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Delta Pay with Miles Accrue on Alaska Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2015, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

I tried searching but was unable to find anything. I have some Skymiles leftover and wanted to book two one-ways SEA-JFK (for two people). I could use 50k miles and book them. But I was wondering if I could use 60k miles via Pay with Miles but then accrue the mileage earned onto AS? This is for a main cabin L ticket. Only reason for this is I am trying to earn MVP for next year.

I did find this on the Delta website but wanted to see if anyone tried accruing on a partner airline.

For travel prior to January 1, 2015: Pay with Miles tickets booked in Main Cabin are not eligible for mileage accrual and will not earn Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs), Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) or Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs). Delta One, First or Business Class tickets purchased through Pay with Miles are eligible for mileage accrual, MQMs and MQSs and will earn MQDs for the portion of the base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges remaining that is paid in currency after miles are applied to the ticket total.
For travel on or after January 1, 2015 (regardless of ticket purchase date): Pay with Miles tickets are eligible for MQMs and MQSs. In addition, Pay with Miles tickets will earn mileage and MQDs for the portion of the base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges remaining that is paid in currency after miles are applied to the ticket total.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Old May 9, 2015, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
According to this post, Yes earns miles with AS.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...iting-eqm.html
Old May 9, 2015, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
I've been using PWM on DL for FC tickets and as recently as Monday the flights posted accurately to MP.

Unfortunately I don't know about coach.
Old May 10, 2015, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Thank you both. Guess I should start searching acronyms next time.
Old May 10, 2015, 2:39 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
For travel on or after January 1, 2015 (regardless of ticket purchase date): Pay with Miles tickets are eligible for MQMs and MQSs. In addition, Pay with Miles tickets will earn mileage and MQDs for the portion of the base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges remaining that is paid in currency after miles are applied to the ticket total.
neat when did that change. I wasnt even aware one could earn RDMs when redeeming at DL whats essentially their version of money and miles tickets albeit you can choose how many $ you want to discount with the amount of miles you want to use unlike AS where its a flat rate for a flat 15K miles
Old May 11, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
My understanding is that you will only earn miles on "pay with miles tickets" on DL if you are booking into a premium cabin, and not for Economy.

I can confirm from recent flights that pay with miles for F tickets on DL did credit - with requisite class of service bonus - to AS MP account with no problem.

I would be careful on Economy tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.