Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2016 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2016, 4:11 pm

I've seen stories where AS allowed some fliers extra time to qualify. If true, how does one get considered? I'm gold but my wife is 1,562 miles short of MVP for the first time. Customer Service rep tried to get me to buy her the miles for $300 which he said would do it (I don't believe him and it's not worth it anyway). Not a big deal since she mostly flies with me but would be nice for the few solo trips she makes. Thoughts?
Old Dec 10, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: AS
Made MVP (finally). Not sure what it is worth, with the new PC . ( been grounded with chemo and radiation for 8 months). Had a nice gesture from AS employee(who knows me) to check and make sure I keep status this year. Did not need it as I was flying on P fare for last two flights.
Next year......???
Old Dec 11, 2016, 1:50 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Plat, and a bunch of other stuff I guess
Made MVPG (first time) in November. Plans changed for an existing trip, which became an excuse to squeeze in a flight on an AA 787 from LAX-DFW, and add a couple more segments to just barely cross the line to gold.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 2:45 am

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Gold
Curious to see if one of the "more time to qualify" offers comes through; I'll finish the year a few thousand miles short of 75k.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 12:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K (Pure AS)
Was about 30 miles short upon landing after a PDX-ONT outbound the day after Thanksgiving...so requal'ed for G75 somewhere over north Riverside County after takeoff on the return.

Now sitting (in a PE middle seat - I can't remember the last time I sat in a coach middle...) on a last-minute PDX-DCA trip, so probably could have skipped one of those fare sale MRs back in February. But who knew?

(For the record, pure AS and my own $$, as ever.)
Old Dec 11, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I hadn't paid close enough attention to my EQMs this year so was shocked last month to see my total AS/Partners total at 85K. A quick day trip this weekend (fortunately NOT on Alaska, as I would have been grounded due to weather) will help me cross the MVPG 75K line for the first time!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:09 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Done for the year. Just requaled for MVPG.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 10:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond
Qualified for MVPG for the first time 439 miles west of EWR early Sunday.

Now I'm just waiting for the upgrade certificates to come through so I can apply them to an early 2017 Hawaii trip.

Update 12/14 - Codes came overnight!

Last edited by RaginPlainsman; Dec 14, 2016 at 8:25 am Reason: Update
Old Dec 13, 2016, 10:58 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Final flights of the year have credited! Sitting at MVP with 31,452 miles from 28 segments on AS and partners (only 11,700 miles exactly from AS alone).

I'm planning on moving to PIT next summer, so we'll see if I end up requalifying next year--current travel plans have me at only 16,809 definite EQM up through April, with travel after that likely being over much shorter distances and at low earning rates on AA and DL--or, hell, possibly even a couple flights on WN if the fares are good enough. But the minor benefits from MVP on those partners (and MVP EQM bonus) might have me sticking close through the end of next year if I decide they're valuable enough.

(It'd be great if AS would start serving PIT...)
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by TEDisgone
I hadn't paid close enough attention to my EQMs this year so was shocked last month to see my total AS/Partners total at 85K. A quick day trip this weekend (fortunately NOT on Alaska, as I would have been grounded due to weather) will help me cross the MVPG 75K line for the first time!
That's how it's done (well,aside from using OAL metal ).

50K bonus will be nice
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:31 am

Programs: AS MVPG, BAEC, SPG, Global Entry
Re-qualified for MVPG. Happy traveler here.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
I re-qualified for 75K on a BA ARN-LHR-PHL flight on November 21.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Requaled for 75K last week, just got the email and wheee 50K bonus miles too
Old Dec 22, 2016, 1:41 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium Elite
Requalified as MVP Gold 75K again this year with AS mileage of 75,023. I am not flying on AS again this year, so that will be my final total.

Anyone get "closer to the pin" so to speak than I did? 23 miles is a slim margin.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:21 am

Qualified for MVPG 1st time about 500 miles east of PDX yesterday on EWR>PDX flight. Been MVP for over 6 years running but never gotten to gold. Have at least 40K of travel next year that can all be on AS if I choose. Hope I get at least some 1st class upgrades on Transcons. This year I was 1 for 8 on the PDX>BOS, PDX-EWR RT flights. Excited for the possible benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.