Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2015 MVP: Bye Delta? Miles now based on fare class.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: missydarlin
Mileage accrual on Delta flights are changing eff 1/1/15.

Increase in miles earned on premium fares. Decrease on discount economy.

First Class

F, P - 200% of miles flown
A - 175% of miles flown
G - 125% of miles flown

Business Class

J,C - 175% of miles flown
D, I - 150% of miles flown
Z - 125% of miles flown

Economy

Y - 125% of miles flown
B, M, S - 100% of miles flown
H, Q, K - 75% of miles flown
L, U, T, X, V - 50% of miles flown
E - 25% of miles flown

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/benefits/elite-levels-and-benefits/program-changes.aspx
Print Wikipost

2015 MVP: Bye Delta? Miles now based on fare class.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

How was the biz fare?
"Fare" as in amount paid for the ticket or as in how was the food?

The airfare paid was maybe my best ever premium ticket find: It was part of a larger ticket from ZRH-JFK-(stop)-LGA-ATL-EZE-ATL-LGA-(stop)-JFK-ZRH for which I paid approximately $1800.

The food on Delta was by far the worst I have ever had in their international business cabin. And the service was very indifferent; not the very good hospitality I normally experience on Delta. Perhaps that's the norm on the EZE route, but it was not what I've experienced on perhaps 15 previous BE trips on Delta.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Was thinking price which sounds like a steal ^

But sux you had lackluster service and food.

Hopefully the miles will make up for this a bit- maybe redeem on AM JFK-MEX on 787 next time to EZE
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:27 am

Anybody been getting mystery extra eqm on y class delta metal? should be "only" 1.25x actual miles, correct?

Last edited by moops380; Jan 16, 2015 at 6:59 am
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by jrweaver912
I tweeted them and they sent back "@jrweaver912 The minimum you would earn is 500 miles. -Michael" which seams to point to 500 miles as the absolute minimum.

This is actually kinda good news as when I used to fly to chicago I would always route mci-atl-ord for the most miles (1,298 flown miles) but now that would only earn 649 miles , but if I route it mci-msp-ord as both flights are sub 500 miles I would earn 1000 miles from the minimums and spend less time with my ... in the seat.
This makes it slightly more palatable. For example, I'm on DL SLC-SEA in X class right now (booked before this change was announced) and I'll get 500 instead of 689. I'd rather have the 689 obviously, but slightly better. The loss of EQMs is killer on long-haul flights though so I'm sure I'll find myself mostly on AA....or maybe I bite the bullet and pay more for AS transcon (and switch to EWR vs. JFK...not sure how I feel about that as I've never flown into EWR...I got to used to the AirTrain). The good news is that I'm in consulting now and since everyone travels all the time, the principals actually understand the value of retaining FF status and benefits even if on the practice's dime. Under old company Egencia travel policies, hard to trick it into AS transcon.

I'm likely to start traveling internationally this year, so will be interesting to see how that plays out. The bosses are both on UA (1K and Global Services) but I am just not going there. Will AA be workable ex-SEA to Europe and Japan? I may just be able to fly paid business in which case it is a moot point.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by aces219
This makes it slightly more palatable. For example, I'm on DL SLC-SEA in X class right now (booked before this change was announced) and I'll get 500 instead of 689. I'd rather have the 689 obviously, but slightly better. The loss of EQMs is killer on long-haul flights though so I'm sure I'll find myself mostly on AA....or maybe I bite the bullet and pay more for AS transcon (and switch to EWR vs. JFK...not sure how I feel about that as I've never flown into EWR...I got to used to the AirTrain). The good news is that I'm in consulting now and since everyone travels all the time, the principals actually understand the value of retaining FF status and benefits even if on the practice's dime. Under old company Egencia travel policies, hard to trick it into AS transcon.

I'm likely to start traveling internationally this year, so will be interesting to see how that plays out. The bosses are both on UA (1K and Global Services) but I am just not going there. Will AA be workable ex-SEA to Europe and Japan? I may just be able to fly paid business in which case it is a moot point.
would rather fly AA than DL
Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by edgewood49
would rather fly AA than DL
A year ago I would have disagreed. With the Spring partnership devaluation and Fall/Spring SkyMiles devaluation (including partner earnings), I'll now be avoiding DL metal whenever possible. In the last 12 months I've seen the DL partnership gutted while the AA partnership has held steady AND the quality of their interiors are actually improving! I'll take 100% miles and MCE with a stop in DFW/LAX/JFK/MIA on AA over 50% miles in a cramped seat on a direct DL flight 90% of the time... only time I'll be flying DL is under 750 miles or an absolute schedule-critical situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.