FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...5k-status.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...aa-ticket.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post23438395
Old May 28, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
I've manually entered in my AS # for my recent flights. No problem getting Group 1. Whew.
Old May 28, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by sea_jeff
I've manually entered in my AS # for my recent flights. No problem getting Group 1. Whew.
Should be Priority group for all Alaska elite, not Group 1. Were you sitting in an MCE seat?
Old May 28, 2016, 7:17 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Should be Priority group for all Alaska elite, not Group 1. Were you sitting in an MCE seat?
I might have mixed up AA w DL. Sorry! Flown a fair amount of both lately.
Old May 28, 2016, 9:23 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Delta Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
This has been happening to me every time I fly AA lately. I can always choose an mce seat but i always end up in group 2. I wrote a letter to AA customer service and their response was just to board in the priority group. Not helpful.
Old May 28, 2016, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by sea_jeff
I might have mixed up AA w DL. Sorry! Flown a fair amount of both lately.
No worries! The reason I asked is my experience above where my AS number was on the AA reservation but not applied to the individual segments correctly so I'd get Group 1 if I chose a MCE seat, and Group 2 if I didn't when both should be Priority.

Originally Posted by worldtraveller76
This has been happening to me every time I fly AA lately. I can always choose an mce seat but i always end up in group 2. I wrote a letter to AA customer service and their response was just to board in the priority group. Not helpful.
Try having an agent at the airport or AC lounge go into your reservation and apply your AS number to each segment individually.

I emailed AS Mileage Plan too, and included images of the boarding passes showing the wrong group, since it's a benefit for their elites and they might have a little more pull with AA than I would as an individual. Their response:

Dear rustykettel,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our partner American Airlines boarding procedure. It's our goal to make sure every trip you have on Alaska goes smoothly. The best way for us to do that is hearing from you.

At Alaska Airlines we believe there is never an excuse for poor service. A large part of our business is our partnerships with other airlines and we regret when travel of this kind does not go smoothly for our customers. We take great pride in working to deliver exceptional service and are eager to correct errors and address issues when they are called to our attention. Your comments have been forwarded to our Marketing Department for review.

rustykettel, it is my hope that your future flights with us will reflect the high level of service you have come to expect when traveling with us. We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you aboard another Alaska Airlines flight soon.

Sincerely,
<customer care rep name deleted - used their full name too!>

Last edited by rustykettel; May 28, 2016 at 9:51 pm
Old May 29, 2016, 3:09 pm

Thumbs up Dilligence in Maintenance is the WORD!

Flying more AA and AS with code share. So some real time field experience as recent as last week.

I book through a travel agent. As with any ticket, I make sure that all AS segmented travel is entered under the 'My Trips' section of my Milage Plan account. If it's exclusively AA, I maintain it with AA.

As an MVPG75K, when I fly AA metal with AS status, I make sure my MP No. is referenced with AA. This provides *me* with TSA Pre, and an electronic AA boarding pass with 'PRIORITY' boarding.

When I fly a combination of AS and AA metal, it becomes a little more involved, essentially maintaining two travel records with each airline. Being diligent, it provides me with my usual benefits on AS, such as TSA Pre, as well as all my elite benefits on AS & AA, again - *PRIORITY* boarding and preferred seating and upgrade potential for AA.

This is not the ideal care free travel coordination AS has made me accustomed to, so I'm not thrilled about the extra attentiveness I must give to my travel maintenance. But, 'ya get what 'ya work for!
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:59 am

Fixed... (?)

This might be fixed. Checked in today for a corporate TA/Concur booked trip and boarding pass shows the correct Group 4 (AS 75K/MVPG/MVP) per the new boarding order.

My first segment is on AS so check in was with them and then flowed through to AA. Waiting until a pure AA trip to say it's fixed with certainty.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by worldtraveller76
"The Priority Group?" They now have four of them, with nine total boarding zones. I think group 1 is just the F cabin and maybe the Consy Airge Kee.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
"The Priority Group?" They now have four of them, with nine total boarding zones. I think group 1 is just the F cabin and maybe the Consy Airge Kee.
Sorry! That's my fault for pulling up an older thread for a follow up. worldtraveller76 had the correct nomenclature for AA at the time of his post last May.

Current AA boarding groups as of 3/1/17
Preboard: Pax requiring assistance, ConciergeKey (+ Five Star customers)
Group 1 - First class or 2 cabin international Business class / Military
Group 2 - Executive Platinum / Emerald / 3 Cabin Business class
Group 3 - Platinum Pro / Platinum / Sapphire
Group 4 - Gold / Air Pass / Executive Citi credit card / Alaska MVP [includes MVPG & 75K] / purchased Priority Boarding
Group 5 - Premium Economy / Main Cabin Extra / Other AAdvantage eligible credit cards
Group 6 - 8 - Coach Groups
Group 9 - Basic Economy
Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:29 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Plat, and a bunch of other stuff I guess
If it has been fixed, it must have been in the last week or two... I flew on a pure AA trip a couple of weeks ago, and for both of the two segments outbound I was in group 6.

During the layover I looked up AA's policy on this, which states (as above) that MVPG should be in group 4, so I asked the gate agent about it and she icily informed me that yes, we have your AS number on file, and no, we won't change your boarding group.

On the way back, one segment was group 6 and the other, inexplicably, was group 5.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: MP MVP Gold; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Silver;
It's fixed. Last four flights on AA I was in boarding group 4.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: Oneworld (Emerald)
Originally Posted by mrapollinax
It's fixed. Last four flights on AA I was in boarding group 4.
Same here... my boarding passes from this past weekend correctly displayed Group 4 (with my AS MVP number in the reservation).
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Glad that some of the bugs are being resolved ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.