Wiki Posts
Search

AA Boarding Group as MVP Gold

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, National Executive
AA Boarding Group as MVP Gold

I've done most of my traveling on Delta where I used to get SKY priority and now get boarding group 1.

However, I've taken a few flights on AA and end up in boarding group 2.

Is that correct for AS MVP Gold?

Thanks!
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
AA should sow up as Priority AAccess for MVPG which is not group 2
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Bonvoy Titanium, NEXUS
My company buys via a travel agency- it seems that causes some issue where you end up Zone 2 on AA. If I feel like making a stink I'll go to the counter on the day of and get them to reissue with Priority, but since I'm PreCheck I don't tend to worry about it anymore. I can live with zone 2 boarding, but Priority at TSA is where it really comes in handy.\

My point is, if you go to the counter on day of travel they should fix it for you, they always have for me.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by brownnet
My company buys via a travel agency- it seems that causes some issue where you end up Zone 2 on AA. If I feel like making a stink I'll go to the counter on the day of and get them to reissue with Priority, but since I'm PreCheck I don't tend to worry about it anymore. I can live with zone 2 boarding, but Priority at TSA is where it really comes in handy.\

My point is, if you go to the counter on day of travel they should fix it for you, they always have for me.
YMMV but could always just board with Priority AAccess anyway and if they challenge have your MVPG card ready to show.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
For domestic 2 class, I believe Priority Access is after First Class (Its own group, unlike with AS), and after Exec Plat and Plat but the AA website is not clear. The website seems to say its after all elite groups but before group 1. If that's the case hopefully with the merger they are broken up more than F and then every elite + partner elite.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Wish AS would have Boarding Groups....

As a lowly MVP, it seems that each GA boards differently. Here are some examples:

• GEG - PreBoards, then Military, then F & 75K/Golds & Partner SuperElites. Silence. Then Welcome Everyone Else! (No MVP announcement whatsoever). GA's response when told? "We'll catch you next time"

• PDX - PreBoards/Military/75K/Gold/MVP/Partner Elites (all in one group for a QX flight), then Welcome Everyone Else!
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by dgreen12
  • PDX - PreBoards/Military/75K/Gold/MVP/Partner Elites (all in one group for a QX flight), then Welcome Everyone Else!
Same happens at LGB.

LAX & SNA does proper elite boarding (most of the time).
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
I just board with one world elites and have never gotten any flack.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Priority Access - which boards second - after first class.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Platinum, Avis First
You should get Priority Access

This is typically caused by a travel agency booking your flights. Your AS# is put in the reservation, but not on each specific segment. This allows you to get benefits such as priority seat selection, but not the appropriate "Priority Access" printed on your boarding pass.

If you cannot get your travel agency to submit your AS# correctly, you will need to call reservations and/or go to the ticket counter at the airport upon check-in and tell them specifically that you need your number added to each flight segment. (I suggest going to the AAdvantage counter, since they are more familiar with the partner benefits.)

As a warning, I talked with several ticket counter agents and reservations agents on the phone before I found one at DFW who knew about this problem. If you tell the other agents the specific issue (that you need your AS# added to each segment), they should be able to help despite their ignorance.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by austerel
This is typically caused by a travel agency booking your flights. Your AS# is put in the reservation, but not on each specific segment. This allows you to get benefits such as priority seat selection, but not the appropriate "Priority Access" printed on your boarding pass.
That makes a lot of sense - now that I think about it, the only times I've had that problem myself were on multiple segment bookings, and they were through the corporate TA. There's no way to accomplish this fix online, I take it?

(And welcome to FT!)
Old Aug 29, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
From my recent experience, AA in ATL, MIA, and TUL are pretty consistent as:

Preboard -> First/Military -> EXP/Plat/OW Emerald -> Gold / OW Sapphire / Priority AAccess -> Zones

Since I'm fairly certain there's not a BP indicator for the EXP/Plat/OW Emerald group, I always board with them and have never been stopped/questions/looked at funny.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
From my recent experience, AA in ATL, MIA, and TUL are pretty consistent as:

Preboard -> First/Military -> EXP/Plat/OW Emerald -> Gold / OW Sapphire / Priority AAccess -> Zones

Since I'm fairly certain there's not a BP indicator for the EXP/Plat/OW Emerald group, I always board with them and have never been stopped/questions/looked at funny.
EXECPLAT, PLATINUM, EMERALD, and SAPPHIRE are printed, writ large.

Gold/Ruby is nearly invisible. But once I accidentally boarded with first class and the agent said nothing.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by davie355
EXECPLAT, PLATINUM, EMERALD, and SAPPHIRE are printed, writ large.

Gold/Ruby is nearly invisible. But once I accidentally boarded with first class and the agent said nothing.
I'm sure that status is indeed printed somewhere on the BP, but I think ALL status levels have PRIORIT ACCESS, PRIORITY, or PA listed as the boarding zone unless in FIRST. I could be wrong, and I'm not sure if things differ on mobile BPs, full-size printed BPs, or receipt-size printed BPs (like being issued at MIA).
Old Aug 31, 2014, 3:37 pm

What I've seen on tickets that have both AS and AA legs is that if my first leg is with AS and I check in with them, none of my boarding passes will have any boarding groups listed. If my first leg is AA then all my boarding passes will say group 2, even the AS legs. I asked an AA gate agent what group I should use when my boarding pass doesn't have a group, and they said AS MVP = Group 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.