Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2015 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2014, 12:51 am

Board Room passes are valid at a Board Room.

Those are in ANC, SEA, PDX, LAX.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Question. After my next flight I am going to be 18 miles short of 75K. I don't have any flights planned for the rest of the year. Do I need to book another ticket or will they round me up?
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by berliner5000
Just hit MVP! It's not MVP Gold or 75K but for the SEA-SMF bi-monthly trips and the yearly SEA/OAK- Hawaii trip, this is perfect for me.

I am so excited!! I tried to get my office mate to jump up and down with me but he was not having any of it

EEEK!!
welcome to the club at SMF. there are a small handful of us who are active here on FT and MVP or above. most of us have FT bag tags so keep an eye out when you are at the airport.

if you are flying SMF-SEA during the week of 1/19 let me know. i have a couple of same day round trips booked that week.

also, off topic, but i'm curious about your SMF/HPN affiliation. i did biweekly round trips between SMF and HPN for many months, from April 2012-August 2013. talk about a pain in the neck place to get to from SMF, particularly at that time since i was still flying UA.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by mbontop
Question. After my next flight I am going to be 18 miles short of 75K. I don't have any flights planned for the rest of the year. Do I need to book another ticket or will they round me up?
Welcome to Flyertalk and the AS forum!

There might be a chance they'd grant your request. We never imagined AS would status-match highest-level elites from select other airlines to the MVPG75K tier, but they have started doing so.

So if that can happen, it being the season of miracles , *maybe* they would give you a one-time rounding-up. Purely speculative on my part.

The safest approach is to bite the bullet and fly the miles to get you across the goal line. Esp. if you call in and they tell you no way would they round you up. 50,000 miles is a lot of miles!

My two cents.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Thank you! I will just bite the bullet on a short day trip! Appreciate the insight.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: AS MVP; Hilton Gold (Citi Card); Priority Pass (Citi Prestige); Nexus/Global Entry/TSA Pre
Originally Posted by berliner5000
Just hit MVP! It's not MVP Gold or 75K but for the SEA-SMF bi-monthly trips and the yearly SEA/OAK- Hawaii trip, this is perfect for me.

I am so excited!! I tried to get my office mate to jump up and down with me but he was not having any of it

EEEK!!
Congratulations! I just got my MVP e-mail today also. I did a SEA to GEG MR last week to get that last 700 miles.

I too am excited for that lowly MVP - with TSAPre (thanks to the Nexus program) and now MVP it is the final piece that will make flying enjoyable. I have a weekend trip booked from SEA to PHX next Feb that still had row 6 and 17 seats available - which I was able to move to yesterday.

I'm just excited to not have to fight for overhead bin space now.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
welcome to the club at SMF. there are a small handful of us who are active here on FT and MVP or above. most of us have FT bag tags so keep an eye out when you are at the airport.

if you are flying SMF-SEA during the week of 1/19 let me know. i have a couple of same day round trips booked that week.

also, off topic, but i'm curious about your SMF/HPN affiliation. i did biweekly round trips between SMF and HPN for many months, from April 2012-August 2013. talk about a pain in the neck place to get to from SMF, particularly at that time since i was still flying UA.
Thanks PV and Earendel!

The upgrade lists for SMF-SEA have been super long lately so I'm thinking there's quite a few AS MVP +s around SMF.

I don't have any SMF-SEA flights scheduled for that week. I have a MR OAK-OGG that Tuesday though. I'm actually not in SEA at all in Jan except for New Years. I'm there in Feb twice and March once (as of right now).

Oh my SMF/HPN affiliation comes from the fact that I'm based out of SMF for most things but I grew up in Westchester and as such when I fly home to visit family, there are long discussions about flying into HPN vs. LGA/JFK/EWR. Getting to HPN isn't too terrible though since I fly Delta. SMF-ATL-HPN is the only one-stop route.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
MVPGold in LA

Hit gold with last trip of the year from PDX to LA on 12/8. Return will just be gravy miles. Started in March after 3 yrs away from flying, so made up for lost time. Must say that I have enjoyed flying Alaska!
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:05 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
I am around 24,650... Do I get status?

I heard something if you are within 500 miles you get it.

If I was to gain status...how long foes it take from miles posted on account and them notifying you.

I have another flight planned for the holidays that would put me over but I wonder would I get benefits before that flight?
Old Dec 9, 2014, 10:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

AS would probably look at your miles at the end of the year. And make the call then. So I'd just keep with the trip you have coming and gain status organically. This way if you need a favor you'll have one handy.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 11:28 pm

Programs: MVPG75k-Boardroom, Hilton Gold
600 miles short of 75k. Haven't flown the last two months but tomorrow I have a MR to qualify.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by mbontop
5 miles short for 75k!! I think i have everyone else beat. lol. Have a flight this weekend.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:35 am

I might come up a bit short of 75K - I have a quick turn PDX-RDM New Years Eve If I have to get over the hump.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 6:41 am
Suspended

Just hit MVP today, 25,535 miles
Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:25 am
HDK

Programs: AS MVPG 1MM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, TR Seven Stars, Mlife Noir, TSA Pre
I'll hit 75K later tonight (actually early tomorrow a.m.)...due to poor planning will end up with about 82,685 elite qualifyng miles this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.