Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2015 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, UA Kettle
Originally Posted by stacynak
New to boards but thought I'd jump right in. Retaining MVPG for 5th consecutive year. Requalified for 2015 with my last flight on 12/14 HNL-ANC.
Congrats, and welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by stacynak
New to boards but thought I'd jump right in. Retaining MVPG for 5th consecutive year. Requalified for 2015 with my last flight on 12/14 HNL-ANC.
Welcome to Flyertalk stacynak and the Alaska Airlines forum. Redeye requalifyer eh

And if still in town check this out:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...eworks-do.html
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by sueinjuneau
In the past week flew JNU-SEA-SFO, SFO-SEA, SEA-DEN, DEN-SEA, SEA-JNU, with SEA-DEN being the MR allowing me to remain MVPG. Just waiting for it to post.

The change-fare fees waiver of MVPG alone were worth cost of SEA-DEN ($131 +10,000 miles), though it was weird to be in Denver for 15 minutes. Used the bathroom, bought a pair of socks and re-boarded the same plane.

Sue
Many years ago, I had the same experience in Orlando, though it was a souvenir shot glass rather than socks. Oh yeah ... the staff paged me to the podium so they could meet this weird, turn-around guy themselves.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Bonvoy Titanium, NEXUS
Qualified for 75K this year for first time in three years (gold last two years). Took my first MR to get there, but a quick SEA-SAN-SEA was worth it.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:44 pm

MVPG 75k Qual

Hi All,

Made MVPG 75k this year (almost all May-November!). I wanted to say thanks to everyone in the forum for helping me optimize my work travel!

Happy Holidays!
Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Welcome to Flyertalk stacynak and the Alaska Airlines forum. Redeye requalifyer eh

And if still in town check this out:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...eworks-do.html
You've got that right! I hardly know what to do when I'm NOT on a redeye! After all of these years living in the Great Land and flying redeyes, I almost always fall asleep before the cabin door is even closed. LOL
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Nexus
Mr.Wiki thought he'd have MVPG locked down with a flight from YVR to AMS on KLM earlier this year... However, his dad booked them in R, and even though they upgraded to business, they don't get any miles... so, Mr.Wiki is 7500 miles short from gold. Did a bit of searching, but can't find any run he can do for less than $1200USD, and that's just not worth Gold.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: AS,Hilton, Marriott, BW
5 in a row...

Just hit 40,200 to qualify for MVPG!
Old Dec 30, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
Man, so jealous of all you MVPG and 75Ker's...

Losing my MVPG next year due to lack of flights (only 5 transcons on AS metal... sadness) and falling down to MVP. 29k+ miles flown with AS, almost booked an almost 11k mile R/T from DC to Barrow, Alaska two weekends ago just to keep my Gold status... talk about a few hours in the icebox! Alas, my plans fell through.

There's always next year!

-AD

Last edited by airbornedaddy; Dec 30, 2014 at 9:32 am Reason: Updated figures
Old Dec 30, 2014, 2:44 pm

First post from a long time lurker.

AS815 SEA/LIH and AS816 LIH/SEA last night could have been nicknamed "The Mileage Runner". Saw no less than 6 people (that I recognized from the inbound trip, plus myself) remain in the boarding area at LIH last night and return to SEA on the same aircraft. It was a long night. I'm careful not to share this sort of activity with most of my friends, but thought folks here would totally understand. Talked with three other people who just barely made it under the line to 75K with that trip.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by N798AS
First post from a long time lurker.

AS815 SEA/LIH and AS816 LIH/SEA last night could have been nicknamed "The Mileage Runner". Saw no less than 6 people (that I recognized from the inbound trip, plus myself) remain in the boarding area at LIH last night and return to SEA on the same aircraft. It was a long night. I'm careful not to share this sort of activity with most of my friends, but thought folks here would totally understand. Talked with three other people who just barely made it under the line to 75K with that trip.
Welcome to the posting side and well done on the achievement! Plus I hope you meant "over the line".
Old Dec 30, 2014, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by dave1013
Welcome to the posting side and well done on the achievement! Plus I hope you meant "over the line".
Thank you for the welcome.

Ha ha, yes "over the line', "under the wire", etc.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75k, Marriott and SPG Plat, Avis First
Hit 75k a few weeks back. Sadly, I did about 30k on Delta this year to get there.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by dave1013
+1 to the welcome.

Isn't N798AS a 400 series a/c?

I have a 'turn' to LIH next year- want to SDC to the earlier flight to spend the day, but not sure if I'll secure that yet...
Old Dec 30, 2014, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
+1 to the welcome.

Isn't N798AS a 400 series a/c?

I have a 'turn' to LIH next year- want to SDC to the earlier flight to spend the day, but not sure if I'll secure that yet...
Thank you for the welcome. I wish I had been smart enough to space out the return a few hours from LIH so I could do a little exploring, but that would have required planning

I've been using this ID on various forums for so many years, I didn't imagine anyone would notice. N798AS was one of the original 727-90C a/c delivered to AS in Golden Nugget Jet livery in 1966 and later wore the red prospector livery during the Totem Graphics era. Now deteriorating at the Upington, South Africa graveyard

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.