Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS seeks approval for SEA-CUN seasonal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS seeks approval for SEA-CUN seasonal service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by klsteph
Curious - what is "seasonal"? Fall-Winter for us?
Cancun is on the Caribbean, so it has the potential for tropical storms in the fall and can get quite hot in the summer. This makes the peak tourist season something like mid-Nov through end-April. Christmas and Spring Break at the peak-peak periods.

CUN also provides access to resorts to the south of Cancun, including the Playa del Carmen and Tulum. It wouldn't surprise me if CUN provided access to more resort-hotel-rooms than even OGG.
Old May 4, 2014, 3:09 pm

Doesn't look like AS is selling SEA-CUN tickets yet. Does anyone know if there was a snag in the application? Based on prior timing estimates, this would be when they'd have received approval and start selling tickets.
Old May 4, 2014, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
I perused the docket this afternoon, and see that the US DOT approved the application shortly after Alaska appplied. My guess is that the DGAC in Mexico has yet to approve.
Old May 5, 2014, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by andymell
This makes the peak tourist season something like mid-Nov through end-April. Christmas and Spring Break at the peak-peak periods.
CUN airport passenger arrivals aren't that peaky by quarter. Peak (1Q) to trough (4Q) is only about +15%. For SEA in 2013, peak (3Q) to trough (1Q) was +37%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.