Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2015 Alaska Airlines First Class Food (REPORTS ONLY from Jan-July, closed to posting)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
This is an archive of reports from January through July of 2015. This thread is closed to posting. Please post your reports and discussion of the First Class food offerings on Alaska Airlines in this thread:

Print Wikipost

2015 Alaska Airlines First Class Food (REPORTS ONLY from Jan-July, closed to posting)

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2015, 10:31 am

May 27
AS 327, SJC-SEA
10:00AM Departure, 1h47min gate to gate
PDB: Water bottles at seats
Meal: Snack
Cheese plate. Better than what UA serves on flights this length so I can't complain. FA forgot to bring around crackers, was very apologetic and brought them around before I was done.
Old May 28, 2015, 10:39 am

May 27
AS 2: SEA-DCA
1:50pm Departure, 4h50min gate to gate
PDB: Water bottles were not loaded yet when we boarded, FA apologized and offered "coffee or wine." I declined both, water was loaded and distributed a few minutes later.

Appetizer Salad
Butter Lettuce, Red Grapes and Grilled Pears
Curry Cashews with Ricotta Salata
Warm roll

Choice of Entrees
Panko Crusted Chicken Dijon with Maple Demi
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Roasted Balsamic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts

Pork Tenderloin with Caramelized Peach Sauce
Mashed Potatoes
Roasted Corn with Peppers

Dessert
Ghirardelli's Chocolate Walnut Brownie with Rum Whipped Cream

I had the chicken, it was pretty good (although served with regular mashed potatoes, not sweet potatoes). My neighbor had the same so I did not see the pork. The dessert was ok but a bit dry, would have been better with ice cream. I like the cheesecake better.

Drink refills and great, attentive service throughout the flight.
Old May 28, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: AS
Date: mid May 2015
Flight: AS #771
Route: SEA-TPA
Departure: 8:30am
Duration: 5 hrs

Class: First

PDB: Dasani water

Meal: Breakfast

Overall, not a bad meal. Was served within the first 2 hours of flight. The peach slices were a bit tough, but I ate them anyway. We received warm nuts later in the flight.

Old May 28, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: AS
Date: late May 2015
Flight: AS #777
Route: TPA-SEA
Departure: 5:45pm
Duration: 5 hrs

Class: First

PDB: Dasani water

Meal: Dinner

The salad was tasty. The cod was ok, but was not a fan of the sides. I noticed that the FA asked all in F if anyone was allergic to cod, of which nobody apparently was.

Although the FA mentioned while taking orders that warm nuts would be served later, they were not. We also received the hot towels almost like an afterthought shortly before descent.

Old May 28, 2015, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
AS800 OGG-SMF 5/26

4:29 en route

Lunch service

PDB: bottled water as the door closed, no POG mimosas

Appetizer: Duck confit spring roll
Entree options: Thai bbq chicken with curry rice and mixed veggies OR applewood smoked pork chop w/ macadamia nuts, roasted red potatoes, and roasted peppers
Dessert: Hawaiian style bread pudding

I had the pork (allergic to curry) and Mrs PV had the chicken. Mine was good, she said hers was too. Service was better on the ride home than on the way out. The dessert was bangin'! ^

Warm nuts after lunch and hot towels about 30 minutes before landing. I find that odd. But maybe all that UA flying has officially gone to my head

Oddity, in row 2, the FA asked us for our "first choice" despite having 8 of each entree. Was she going to attempt to prioritize in some way? If so, how? Anyways, I told her that I had a curry allergy and had to have the pork or something from the back.

Based on my casual glances of the manifest on trips to the lav, I was the only MVPG in F on the flight, and Mrs PV was one of only two MVPs along with 2x AA Plats and the rest kettles.

On the way out we would not have been upgraded w/o certs. On the way back I could have gotten by without them but the flight i purchased was cert eligible anyways and they were 2014 expiring certs.
Old May 28, 2015, 10:36 pm

AS812 OGG-SJC
May 24
4.5 hour flight

Main choices, same as last time (earlier this month)

App: Duck Spring Roll w/ Hoisin Sauce
Thai BBQ Chicken, Curry Fried Rice, Sauteed mixed vegetables
Apple Glazed Pork Chop w/ Macadamia Nuts, Roasted Red potatoes, Broccoli, Grilled yellow and red peppers.
Dessert: Hawaiian Bread Pudding

My choice: "either" (the FAs love me). I got the Thai bbq chicken.

-David
Old May 31, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Date the flight was taken: 6/1/15
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 74, JNU-SEA
Time of Departure: 3:20 pm
Length of flight: 2 hours, 1 minute
Class of service: F
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottled water awaiting at seat upon boarding
Meal served: Cuban sandwich
A brief description of the meal: A Cuban sandwich is normally served on panini bread; this was more like a hamburger bun. Ham was not unlike the Oscar Meyer sliced cold cut bought in the store. But since I hadn't eaten since early that morning and was starving, it tasted real good. The Tim's chips were, as always, great.

Old Jun 1, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Date the flight was taken: 6/1/15
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 477, LAX-SEA
Time of Departure: 6:00 am
Length of flight: 2 hours, 16 minute
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottled water awaiting at seat upon boarding
Meal served: Brekkie
A brief description of the meal: fruit, eggs, sausage links, cheesy grits???, cheese danish. overall, i was surprised with the meal. From pictures in this thread, i was expecting a way smaller serving of food on this route.

Last edited by atcanobbio; Jun 1, 2015 at 12:33 pm
Old Jun 1, 2015, 1:25 pm

5/30/2015 SAN-BOS.
Breakfast:

Cheese, apple or cherry danish. The cheese was my choice and was very good.
Fruit was strawberries, pineapple and peaches. The peaches seemed like the canned variety, had a little bit of chili powder on them. Not bad.

Main choices were chorizo breakfast scramble with pinto beans and pico, or the quiche with asparagus. I had the scramble, wife had the quiche, we thought both were pretty good. AS probably does better than other domestic airlines with eggs in particular. Neither was overcooked, both were pretty tasty.

Warm nuts before landing. Gotta also add, AS serves the only drinkable coffee in the sky. I'm not sure what the hell other airlines are doing, but at least on AS it tastes like coffee, and not warmed over styrofoam.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Date the flight was taken: 6/5/15
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 75, SEA-JNU
Time of Departure: 11:20 AM
Length of flight: 2 hours, 25 minutes
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottled water dispensed upon boarding, coffee offered thereafter
Meal served: Salad and chicken pasta

A brief description of the meal: This meal was served in two courses. First was the salad with accompanying roll and butter. Good, fresh quality greens. The main course was a braided pasta topped with marinara sauce and grated cheese. There were a few pieces of dark meat chicken on the side. Included a chocolate chip cookie for dessert.

All in all, a tasty, satisfying meal on the flight back home.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

6/7 AS359 SMF to SEA

Arugula salad with goat cheese, grapefruit, nuts and vinaigrette dressing

I did not partake but the food looked excellent and the portion size was significantly bigger than in the past on this route
Old Jun 7, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: AS100K, AS Lounge+, Marriott Plat, SBUXG, GE, Costco Exec, Amazon Prime, Nat Parks Yearly Pass
6/6 AS320 SEA-SFO 6:10a: PDB H2O and coffee offered. Tray included bowl of fruit with pineapple, strawberries and melon; bowl with yogurt and granola; croissant with strawberry jam and butter. Pleasant surprise (and large portion) considering most am flights have had the tired eggs and rubber potatoes lately.

6/6 AS331 SFO-SEA 19:30: PDB H2O. Tray included soba noodles with dark meat chicken chunks, sliced red pepper and edemame; Asian dressing cup; standard roll with butter; margarita chocolate. Not the best AS has to offer, so I sent it back and asked for a fruit and cheese pack instead.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

6/7 AS712 SEA-STL

Starter course: Simple romaine salad with radishes and tomatoes and italian dressing

Main: described as chicken risotto, but was really some chicken with rice and acorn squash

The squash was undercooked, the chicken and rice were OK but not outstanding, will update w/ photos later

Dessert: oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip cookies

Also noted was a switch from Icy Bay IPA to Freerider APA this month.

Service was pretty decent, it was a rough ride for the last 60 minutes with the storms over MO last night.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:54 am

From a recent holiday - full details and much more in the trip report.

Note that this was my first time flying on Alaska, so I wasn't entirely sure what I'd find!

21st May AS 103, SEA-ANC, 4:00PM, F ("snack")
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottled water by seat
Meal served: Beef pot roast. I went for the cheese and fruit selection instead.

25th May AS 50, ANC-BRW, 2:55PM, Y ("none")
A bag of pretzels was offered from ANC-SCC, then a zesty snack mix was offered from SCC-BRW.

26th May AS 55, BRW-ANC, 11:08AM, F ("snack")
Bottles of water were handed out once everyone was seated.
Chicken sliders were offered. I skipped those and made do with a bag of pretzels.

26th May AS 82, ANC-SEA, 3:30PM, F ("snack")
Bottles of water were offered once we'd all sat down, with an apology for their late arrival!
The meal was the beef pot roast again and again I opted for a cheese and fruit platter instead. It was served on a china plate this time.

27th May AS2116, SEA-YYC, 8:30AM, G ("buy on board")
A pack of snacks was handed out. I was asked if I wanted more (which I did - I wanted to buy a mediterranean tapas pack) but before I could finish the member of cabin crew darted off and gave me 5 more packs of snacks. I ended up buying the tapas pack too and kept the snacks - I gave them to my friends at work when I got back!

29th May AS2117, YYC-SEA, 12:35PM, G ("buy on board")
Again a pack of snacks was handed out. I bought a NorthWest Deli pack and left the salami slices.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 4:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Last week I flew SEA-DEN on the 8:30pm departure. We were served two warm cookies. That was it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.