Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

BofA is dropping Alaska Airlines Mileage Debit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BofA is dropping Alaska Airlines Mileage Debit Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
That's what i'm going to do!

Is everyone's new debit card a MC or Visa?
Mine is a Visa.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CDKing
I got mine today. I assuming wait until 6/1 to active so I can still use the other card until it no longer earns points?
That is our plan. I have not activated the new debit card. We are hitting the AS debit card really hard as we will be out of country for the whole month of May thus only April left to still earn miles using the AS debit card.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 12:18 am

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
trying to really ma this out before may 31st. Has anyone confirmed if BB reloads work on this card?
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: AS, QF, SK
My new card showed up. I'm not going to bother activating it. I've already begun the process of moving my resources out of BoA to another institution, and will complete the change/close the BoA account on May 30th. No Alaska miles on my debit card = no more being a BoA customer, as that was the only reason I stuck with them.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by kdinino
trying to really ma this out before may 31st. Has anyone confirmed if BB reloads work on this card?
Works fine for me.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kdinino
Yes it does.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I forgot to mention when i received it that it said to activate now and that i can use old card until end of May. No problems using my old card other than had a hard time setting up international travel notification.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I forgot to mention when i received it that it said to activate now and that i can use old card until end of May. No problems using my old card other than had a hard time setting up international travel notification.
Same here. Activated immediately but still using old card. The letter with the card said miles would continue to accrue until May 31 and was told same by a phone rep. Old card still works fine.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 11:40 am

No problems using my old card other than had a hard time setting up international travel notification.
I'm having the same problem. When trying to set up international travel it only shows my credit card but not my debit card. Did you find a way to do it online?
Old Mar 26, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
That's what i'm going to do!

Is everyone's new debit card a MC or Visa?
Originally Posted by Finkface
Mine is a Visa.
Visa

Originally Posted by Happy
That is our plan. I have not activated the new debit card. We are hitting the AS debit card really hard as we will be out of country for the whole month of May thus only April left to still earn miles using the AS debit card.
Same here. Activated immediately but still using old card. The letter with the card said miles would continue to accrue until May 31 and was told same by a phone rep. Old card still works fine.
I'm not taking any chances. I'm going with my AS debit until its all over.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm having the same problem. When trying to set up international travel it only shows my credit card but not my debit card. Did you find a way to do it online?
I gave up. My card did work but i brought a debit card from my other bank as a backup. I think they are finally getting used to me spending money outside the US.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I haven't seen my card yet (as I'm in Europe at the moment)...

Does the new card have photo ID on it? My current BoA Alaska Debit Card is a photo ID one..

So the last day one can use the card is 31st May?

I think I will activate the new card after that..
Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:31 am

My card still works fine and I am still being credited AS miles for using it (just got my monthly AS statement and miles were credited March 30). I activated my new card the day I got it so I can tell you for sure, activating now does not deactivate the old card and you will still continue to accrue miles.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My card still works fine and I am still being credited AS miles for using it (just got my monthly AS statement and miles were credited March 30). I activated my new card the day I got it so I can tell you for sure, activating now does not deactivate the old card and you will still continue to accrue miles.
Still been using the old card after activating and points from purchases posted as recently as 3/31/14. The paperwork with the new card specifically said still good to earn miles through 5/31/14 even with activating the new card. Now to only figure out where I put the new ard
Old May 7, 2014, 8:28 am

My AS miles still hasn't posted from April. Did they end this program earlier than scheduled?
Anyone else's miles posted yet for April?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.