Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Confirmed Change (SDC)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2021, 11:02 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by jona970318
Definitely OT, but currently planning a few EWR-LAX-ANC-FAI turnarounds in Jan/Feb if you want to come alongyou seem like someone who'll have fun with me
Ngl, I'm even thinking of renting a house in Fairbanks and work remotely to facilitate those runs
jona970318 likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by 985X
Ngl, I'm even thinking of renting a house in Fairbanks and work remotely to facilitate those runs
Willing to split rent
Old Nov 10, 2021, 9:28 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by jona970318
Willing to split rent
I've heard of flight attendants' crash pads, but maybe there's a market for FTers and points enthusiasts to split crash pads for MRs? hah
Old Dec 7, 2021, 3:14 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Are all FL destinations considered as co-terminals? I mean TPA/MCO/FLL
Old Dec 7, 2021, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
nope; only for schedule changes in my experience
anteater and simonsuo like this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP75K
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but question on co-terminals. Has more co-terminals been added? I was able to do a one time change (via the website) to a flight due to a schedule change. Is the list below considered Alaska's co-terminals. I know DFW/DAL has been discussed before, and looking at even more recent posts, Alaska doesn't consider DFW/DAL co-terminals. I also saw the same issue with SEA/PAE. However, a month ago I was able to change from SEA-PSP to PAE-PSP with no issue. I'm considering my flight from SEA-ONT, and would like to change to SEA-PSP.

Old Dec 21, 2021, 2:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by scklumb
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but question on co-terminals. Has more co-terminals been added? I was able to do a one time change (via the website) to a flight due to a schedule change. Is the list below considered Alaska's co-terminals. I know DFW/DAL has been discussed before, and looking at even more recent posts, Alaska doesn't consider DFW/DAL co-terminals. I also saw the same issue with SEA/PAE. However, a month ago I was able to change from SEA-PSP to PAE-PSP with no issue. I'm considering my flight from SEA-ONT, and would like to change to SEA-PSP.

Strange.. I've explicitly been told that DCA / IAD are not considered co-terminals for SDC purposes in the past, but that was pre-COVID times. Would be a welcome change if so.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 3:46 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

A schedule change has more lenient rules than an SDC.
be_rettSEA, anteater and Bellerina like this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Strange.. I've explicitly been told that DCA / IAD are not considered co-terminals for SDC purposes in the past, but that was pre-COVID times. Would be a welcome change if so.
Co-terminals are not allowed on a SDC. Has AS allowed a reroute without a fare difference in the past? Yes! Is AS, as of late, adhering to the SDC policy? Also Yes!

Am I eligible to make a same day confirmed flight change?

To qualify for a same day confirmed change:
  • You must be holding confirmed reservations and tickets for flights operated by Alaska Airlines.
  • You must request the change prior to the departure of your original flight.
  • You must keep the same origin, destination, thru, and connection cities. Co-terminal changes are not allowed.
  • Your new desired flight must depart on the same calendar day as your originally scheduled flight.

If a schedule change occurs, then yes, you have a lot more leeway to change you origin or destination to a co-terminal.

James
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Co-terminals are not allowed on a SDC. Has AS allowed a reroute without a fare difference in the past? Yes! Is AS, as of late, adhering to the SDC policy? Also Yes!

• You must be holding confirmed reservations and tickets for flights operated by Alaska Airlines.
  • You must keep the same origin, destination, thru, and connection cities. Co-terminal changes are not allowed.
  • Your new desired flight must depart on the same calendar day as your originally scheduled flight.

If a schedule change occurs, then yes, you have a lot more leeway to change you origin or destination to a co-terminal.

James
Correct those are the rules, which we are all aware of. And we are also aware of that Golds, if they call in, are allowed co-terminal changes (thus my SEA to PAE change. I've also done this within the LA basin airports.). I guess I'll call in.
be_rettSEA and lonelygod like this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun

James
I was able to change from SFO to SJC, and SJC to SFO, without questions asked, a couple of times, in the past months.
simonsuo likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by scklumb

So I called. She looked it up to clarify to make sure they didn't update anything that she was not aware of. Only the LA basin airports, Bay area airports, and SEA/PAE are considered co-terminals.
JFK/EWR/LGA, DFW/DAL, BWI/DCA/IAD, and PSP/ONT are NOT considered co-terminals for same day confirmed.
be_rettSEA and simonsuo like this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
My son is flying ns RNO-PDX, wanting to travel earlier. The only available flights are RNO-SEA-PDX. He doesn’t have status. Would he be able to do that SDC change.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 9:42 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
My son is flying ns RNO-PDX, wanting to travel earlier. The only available flights are RNO-SEA-PDX. He doesn’t have status. Would he be able to do that SDC change.
I don’t believe so because that would violate the maintain same routing rule.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 3:23 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
It is interesting to see ONT is considered as a co-terminal with PSP, not other LA airports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.