Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Emirates award guide using Alaska Airlines miles

Routing Rules:

All trips must start or end in North America.
One open jaw and one stopover allowed on each one-way award.
No fees for changes/cancellations prior to 60 days from departure.

North American Gateway Cities:

West Coast
Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles

Central
Chicago
Dallas
Houston

East Coast
Boston
New York (JFK)
Orlando (Effective September 1, 2015)
Washington DC (IAD)

Canada
Toronto

Award Chart Links*:

Middle East & Africa

Asia

Europe

*If region is not listed on chart its not available.

Perks

Chauffeur Drive NOT Available
Car service is not available for all Business Class and First Class passengers on Alaska Airlines ticketed award tickets on Emirates flights (as of Jan 2015). The chauffeur will not confirm if you use the EK website for this, though the website makes it look you can make a reservation.

Lounges
Access is available for all passengers traveling in Business and First Class. Not all cities have lounges and many may be operated by a Partner. There have been some reports of people having an issue accessing the Dubai lounges as the tickets may appear in their system as non-revenue employee travel. This is not as much of a problem as it used to be but in case it comes up please advise the lounge attendant that you are on an Alaska Airlines award.

Dubai Connect

AS Awards on EK do not qualify for Dubai Connect, which is the service that offers the free hotel.

Tricks to find Transoceanic availability

Instead of performing a blanket, i.e. SEA-DXB search, perform: SEA-MED.
Madinah is a destination that is only served by EK. Consequently, if there is availability, only EK will show up in the calendar results.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2016, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rankourabu
To follow up, there were at least 3 AS redeemers, perhaps more in F on my flight today. 6/8 seats taken total.
Secret survey or show of hands?
Old Mar 18, 2016, 4:57 pm

Anyone have recent information on phantom availability? AS's website is showing 4F on some flights on EK. But ExpertFlyer disagrees. This clearly seems like phantom space to me but wanted to see what others' experience was. I know for a while AS would show 1 seat less than EF but EF now just says "yes" or "no."

Ideally I'd like to fly my family of 4 in EK F. I'm willing to do 2 + 2 on separate flights though. I'd just like to know what kind of availability I'm dealing with before I start...

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:40 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by crimson12
Anyone have recent information on phantom availability? AS's website is showing 4F on some flights on EK. But ExpertFlyer disagrees. This clearly seems like phantom space to me but wanted to see what others' experience was. I know for a while AS would show 1 seat less than EF but EF now just says "yes" or "no."

Ideally I'd like to fly my family of 4 in EK F. I'm willing to do 2 + 2 on separate flights though. I'd just like to know what kind of availability I'm dealing with before I start...

Thanks in advance!
This has been going on for months and months not only on EK but AF for me. They know it and have known for well over 6 months
Old Mar 20, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
Any reason you can't book it online? Mixed class bookings are fine, as long as it's on EK to your final destination there shouldn't be any issues.
Seems like if you try and break the trip into two distinct segments, SFO-DXB (stopover) then DXB-MLE, you get different results.

Right now I have my SFO-DXB...just waiting on any seat...even econ on the DXB-MLE direct.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 10:31 am
Suspended

I have my F booked for Feb 2017. Anyone know how to book the chauffeur pickup from my hotel?
Old Mar 20, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TMM1982
I have my F booked for Feb 2017. Anyone know how to book the chauffeur pickup from my hotel?
Originally Posted by The wikipost on this thread
Chauffeur Drive NOT Available
Car service is not available for all Business Class and First Class passengers on Alaska Airlines ticketed award tickets on Emirates flights (as of Jan 2015). The chauffeur will not confirm if you use the EK website for this, though the website makes it look you can make a reservation.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 11:03 am
Suspended

Is there a work around?
Old Mar 20, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Is there a work around?
No
Old Mar 20, 2016, 12:10 pm

Is there a work around?
Yes! Book a hotel that includes a free chauffeur
Old Mar 20, 2016, 12:18 pm

Is there a work around?
pay for one ! After all
Old Mar 20, 2016, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Here is the work around: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...award-tickets/
Old Mar 20, 2016, 3:42 pm

Anybody willing to help me out. Currently 2x j JNB --> DXB on 4/22 looking for F either out of JNB or even better CPT. Having EF issues and wondering if calling AS has any merit.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Secret survey or show of hands?
Show of hands in row 1
Did not ask row 2 :P
Old Mar 20, 2016, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by MDMD
Anybody willing to help me out. Currently 2x j JNB --> DXB on 4/22 looking for F either out of JNB or even better CPT. Having EF issues and wondering if calling AS has any merit.
well if your on AS awards that is the only call you can make. Pestering EK doesn't work they will simply send you back to AS as they issued the ticket.
Sometimes you can have FC all the way through.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
How is that going to work from your hotel?

Anyone know how to book the chauffeur pickup from my hotel?
Using the desk at DXB might work to get you TO a hotel in Dubai, but not FROM a hotel to your flight (either Dubai or where your EK flight originates from).

Also, the later comments in that thread seem to indicate that EK has cracked down on this "workaround"; some people report that they weren't able to use it.

This is usually how "workarounds" like this go; they get publicized and they eventually don't work...

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Mar 20, 2016 at 6:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.