Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: MVP75K, UA Gold,
Currently a UA 1K ($20k+ spend) and will be doing the status match to AS because I live in Anchorage now. Will they only match to gold or 75K gold? If only gold do I still need to fly 75k or only 25k to achieve the highest level?

If I match now will this only be valid until the end of 2014?
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Deekh8
Currently a UA 1K ($20k+ spend) and will be doing the status match to AS because I live in Anchorage now. Will they only match to gold or 75K gold? If only gold do I still need to fly 75k or only 25k to achieve the highest level?

If I match now will this only be valid until the end of 2014?
They only match to gold. There's no spend component for status so they don't care about your spend and don't make exceptions that we are aware of. Matches made after 11-01-14 will cover the full 2015 program year. You'll have to fly 75k on AS or 90k if including partners to get 75k status.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 8:28 am

Programs: MVP75K, UA Gold,
Thanks for the info. I will wait for Nov. to do the match then.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Matches made after 11-01-14 will cover the full 2015 program year.
A couple of pages back there are reports that the key date is October 1 for full 2015 program year coverage.

Check with AS to confirm before waiting until November 1 to request a match.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Delta Plat, AA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
AS Status Match

FYI not sure how we all missed this but the status match actually started on 9/1 to keep status through 2015. This changed in mid-august apparently. I was told by a flight attendant I know and then confirmed when I called customer care last week. Matched and see its good through 2015
Old Oct 5, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: AA Reg
They're being quite quick with the matches.

I sent in my status match on 10/1 and my account has already been reflected with the changes. Companion upgrades last until 12/31/2015, so I presume I'm matched until then.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 7:51 pm

Just submitted my request. Let's see how quick it posts as I need to book a flight to Seattle in a couple of weeks.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by SmokeyTheBear
They're being quite quick with the matches.

I sent in my status match on 10/1 and my account has already been reflected with the changes. Companion upgrades last until 12/31/2015, so I presume I'm matched until then.
likewise...however, I have an AS flight booked for 10/26 and it's not letting me select a front Y seat. I'll give it a couple days to see if that changes.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
likewise...however, I have an AS flight booked for 10/26 and it's not letting me select a front Y seat. I'll give it a couple days to see if that changes.
This might be one of those situations where they have to remove and re-add your number, or whatever it is to refresh your status. I'd just call in.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 12:19 am
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
Originally Posted by Lancer99
FYI not sure how we all missed this but the status match actually started on 9/1 to keep status through 2015. This changed in mid-august apparently. I was told by a flight attendant I know and then confirmed when I called customer care last week. Matched and see its good through 2015
Wow. Thank you.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by djibouti
This might be one of those situations where they have to remove and re-add your number, or whatever it is to refresh your status. I'd just call in.
things work now...i got the email this morning. It seems everythign refreshed itself. yay!
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:51 am

I am going to reach UA Gold in early November. I assume it will take some time for UA to send me a Gold card. I then have a long trip on EK about 3 weeks after I make Gold and I would like to have my MVPG status by then to accumulate as many miles as possible. I realize that the 2-4 week time frame on processing matches may not allow that to happen, but assuming that they turn it around quickly, does anyone have experience submitting without having a copy of the physical card? I can print the front of a duplicate card off of the UA website.
If UA can process my qualification to Gold quickly, I'm hoping to be able to send the "e-versions" of everything to AS and get matched in enough time to make my EK flight three weeks later. Fat chance? Any issues you foresee?
Thanks
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by badgersfly
I am going to reach UA Gold in early November. I assume it will take some time for UA to send me a Gold card. I then have a long trip on EK about 3 weeks after I make Gold and I would like to have my MVPG status by then to accumulate as many miles as possible. I realize that the 2-4 week time frame on processing matches may not allow that to happen, but assuming that they turn it around quickly, does anyone have experience submitting without having a copy of the physical card? I can print the front of a duplicate card off of the UA website.
If UA can process my qualification to Gold quickly, I'm hoping to be able to send the "e-versions" of everything to AS and get matched in enough time to make my EK flight three weeks later. Fat chance? Any issues you foresee?
Thanks
AS will want to see scan of physical card, mainly due to these temporary status challenges where one does not have full status.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:52 pm

So my status match came through... and they matched me to 75K! Not that I'm complaining, but I thought they only matched MVP Gold?

Last edited by djibouti; Oct 8, 2014 at 5:53 pm Reason: I mean MVP Gold, not MVP in the last line
Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by djibouti
So my status match came through... and they matched me to 75K! Not that I'm complaining, but I thought they only matched MVP Gold?
Congrats!
BTW, how long after you sent the match materials did your AS status come through?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.