Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2014, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA-Plat
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Did AS ever refuse/decline a status match request?
I requested a status match from AA but was told that I had been status matched in 2011 and AS offers a one-time only match. I could not remember ever requesting a status match and could not find any documentation. I had qualified for MVP on AS in 2011 by flying. Hopefully I can appeal.

UPDATE: They offered me a challenge for MVP by flying 4 segments on Alaska Airlines (please note this promotion does not include our partner airlines) between 1/15 and 3/15/14.

Last edited by hawaii-bound; Jan 18, 2014 at 1:28 pm Reason: Update
Old Jan 18, 2014, 2:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by koopas
Snowdevil,

Yes, I attached a copy of my US Air statement and copy of my silver status card. I'll call Mileage Plan on Monday. I'm puzzled at the lack of communication from AS though.
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
OT: Will screen shots be accepted when attached to emails when asking for status matches?
Can you just include the 2013 totals of your current airline statement, or do you need to send detailed information on what flights you took and when?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Toronto1970
*Please Note-We only offer Tier Match for the following Airline programs- ...JetBlue...
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:48 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Toronto1970
*Please Note-We only offer Tier Match for the following Airline programs- ...JetBlue...
JetBlue's elite status tier is called Jet Blue Mosaic, started in 2012:

http://blog.jetblue.com/index.php/20...ueblue-mosaic/

http://www.jetblue.com/mosaic
Old Jan 21, 2014, 12:32 pm

Called to check the status of a match request but the customer service rep wouldn't connect me to that department because it hasn't been two weeks. Should I HUCA or let it be? I'm taking a DL flight in 2 days I'd like to credit to AS and would really like the bonus miles.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by maskedmesothorium
Called to check the status of a match request but the customer service rep wouldn't connect me to that department because it hasn't been two weeks. Should I HUCA or let it be? I'm taking a DL flight in 2 days I'd like to credit to AS and would really like the bonus miles.
I'm in the same boat... requested match 5 days ago with DL flight coming up 4 days from now. I haven't tried to call yet, but I probably will if I don't hear back by Friday (2 days before DL travel). I've already switched my DL PNR over to my MVP number for EQM/RDM accrual, but having the bonus miles would be nice.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
I'm in the same boat... requested match 5 days ago with DL flight coming up 4 days from now. I haven't tried to call yet, but I probably will if I don't hear back by Friday (2 days before DL travel). I've already switched my DL PNR over to my MVP number for EQM/RDM accrual, but having the bonus miles would be nice.
I'm guessing if I remove my Mileage Plan number, then request credit in a few weeks after I get the status match I'm probably not going to get the bonus miles... probably not worth the effort but it would be 5000 extra miles if it worked.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
Got UA Platinum matched to MVP Gold. I'm even eligible to pick an Elite Thank You Gift!

Sent my materials 1/6, was given MVP Gold 1/18. ^^
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I called in to check the status match yesterday (6 days after request). The MVP CS person wouldn't transfer me, but did say she would send a note to that department requesting a rush as I have travel starting 3 days from now. As of this morning it still hasn't gone through.

I sent a PDF of my December Skymiles Statement, Drivers License and Passport. I didn't have a Skymiles card to scan and made note of that in my email. The only email correspondence I've received is the automated response. Has anyone else successfully been matched with just a statement, but not card? Would re-sending the request with a scan of one of the full-size luggage tags (no name or SM number listed) help at all? I think my paranoia is kicking in...

Fingers crossed, but at at the end of the day all I'll miss out on is bonus RDMs if it doesn't go through in time. If it doesn't go through at all, then I'll be a bit upset.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
I called in to check the status match yesterday (6 days after request). The MVP CS person wouldn't transfer me, but did say she would send a note to that department requesting a rush as I have travel starting 3 days from now. As of this morning it still hasn't gone through.
It seems it takes 7-10 business days to process. You might get lucky and have your status just hours before your trip.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:11 am

It seems it takes 7-10 business days to process. You might get lucky and have your status just hours before your trip.
It obviously won't have filtered through into the DL system, but I would assume bonus RDMs are credited by AS and would show up properly as long as status is there before I fly?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Id say fly with no FF number on the reservation. Once status posts apply for credit with copy of boarding passes and receipt from reservation.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by CDKing
Id say fly with no FF number on the reservation. Once status posts apply for credit with copy of boarding passes and receipt from reservation.
Anyone else done this and had it worked? I honestly don't want to go through the hassle if there is much chance that they will post the RDMs based on status at the time of the flight instead of at the time of the credit application. Perhaps a dated copy of my status match request preceding the date of travel would be enough?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: United 1K; AA Platinum
E-mailed status request with all supporting documentation attached on 1/16/14 (no previous call to C.S.). Radio silence so far, and status on Mileage Plan still showing kettle.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 4:29 pm
Suspended

I wonder how status match requests are evaluated. Is there a special AS team that discusses each request in detail? If so, that might explain the long waiting time. But if it is just a quick glance and then a decision, it shouldn't take so long...unless they are swamped with requests.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.