Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:03 pm

Less than 72 hours.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djibouti
So my status match came through... and they matched me to 75K! Not that I'm complaining, but I thought they only matched MVP Gold?
What did you originally provide?
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

So my status match came through... and they matched me to 75K! Not that I'm complaining, but I thought they only matched MVP Gold?
Congrats but ouch

Originally Posted by chexfan
What did you originally provide?
AA EXP card front and back, CA license front and back, screenshot of AA.com showing my status and recent activity.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AA EXP card front and back, CA license front and back, screenshot of AA.com showing my status and recent activity.
How many miles did you show them?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by chexfan
How many miles did you show them?
75k YTD EQM, about 400k MM balance (although some of that was CC spend back in the day). 51k EQP so if they knew what they were looking at (which I assume they do) they'd identify me as a "low value EXP".
Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Congrats but ouch
Seriously, tables turned I'd be irked. I'll try not to steal any of your upgrades.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:42 am

In case I'm our first data point on this I should mention that I have not received the 50k bonus miles as part of the status match. I didn't ask if I should because I figure I already received way more than I expected.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 9:26 pm
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
Two days ago, I submitted copies of my UA MileagePlus card (both sides) and driver's license, as well as a screenshot of my UA account. Turnaround in less than 48 hours.

No email from AS, but my account now says MVP Gold 75k through December 2015. I received 4 electronic upgrades but no 50k mile bonus, though I was not expecting either one. I too thought that AS matched only up to MVPG, but I was fortunate to get MVPG 75k, matched from UA 1K.

Flying on AS tomorrow. (Back the following day via UA, my last flight on that airline. Goodbye, United!!)
Old Oct 17, 2014, 9:27 pm

Well, sounds like it wasn't a fluke. It would seem that Alaska now matches to 75k! Maybe they're anticipating a rash of PO'd EXPs from AA with the merger?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 9:32 pm
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
Well, sounds like it wasn't a fluke. It would seem that Alaska now matches to 75k! Maybe they're anticipating a rash of PO'd EXPs from AA with the merger?
Thanks for posting your experience - incredibly helpful.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by uwr
Two days ago, I submitted copies of my UA MileagePlus card (both sides) and driver's license, as well as a screenshot of my UA account. Turnaround in less than 48 hours.

No email from AS, but my account now says MVP Gold 75k through December 2015. I received 4 electronic upgrades but no 50k mile bonus, though I was not expecting either one. I too thought that AS matched only up to MVPG, but I was fortunate to get MVPG 75k, matched from UA 1K.

Flying on AS tomorrow. (Back the following day via UA, my last flight on that airline. Goodbye, United!!)
I also just matched my 1K status and am now seeing MVPG 75K showing in my account, less than 48hrs later. ^
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
I'm glad to hear AS is now matching UA 1K and AA Exp flyers to 75K status.

Have any UA Platinum flyers gotten matched to 75K level? I will be Platinum in mid-December, and I'm trying to see whether I should wait until then to match, or do it sooner to begin booking 2015 travel.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
I got status match to 75k.

I sent my delta elite status with 75k mqm for 2014 tho I must confess my alaska flying was mere 18k. I'm also 1.4 Million miler. I also sent my United status.

Am happy to have a new frequent flyer home of whom appreciates my business.

Jiburi

Last edited by jiburi; Oct 21, 2014 at 11:46 am
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
Tried matching CX Gold to AS MVP or MVPG, denied. Was told anecdotally by other FTers that they've done it successfully, trying again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.