Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
With some help from "missydarlin" my status match was expedited and has now gone through. I also received a follow-up phone call from someone at AS to let me know it had gone through and to answer any questions I had. EXCELLENT SERVICE!

A few questions...

1.) How long does it usually take for AS status to filter through into the DL system? The AS rep told me on the phone that they send updates to DL nightly, but he doesn't know how long it takes the updates to be reflected on their end.

2.) I've already changed my DL flights to my AS MVP number prior to my status match going through. Do I need to call DL and have them remove my AS number and then re-add it to possibly help it show my status correctly?

3.) Does the printable membership card on the AS site in my account info update to reflect status? It's updated in my Google Wallet (since AS is a partner with Google Wallet), but the card on the AS site hasn't changed. This is pure curiosity and truly matters 0% in the real world.

4.) With MVP Gold Guest Upgrades, do you have to use one PER LEG of a 1-stop flight (i.e. ATL-PDX-SFO = 2 Upgrades), or just one PER OUTBOUND (ATL-PDX-SFO = 1 Upgrade) when booked as an ATL-SFO round-trip?

Last edited by IsleOfMan; Jan 24, 2014 at 12:45 pm
Old Jan 28, 2014, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
Anyone else done this and had it worked? I honestly don't want to go through the hassle if there is much chance that they will post the RDMs based on status at the time of the flight instead of at the time of the credit application. Perhaps a dated copy of my status match request preceding the date of travel would be enough?
I flew my first DL flight before the status match went through, but left my AS mileage plan number on the reservation. I got the match processed halfway through my trip. The miles for the first half just posted today and did not include the bonus miles for MVP Gold. Not sure what will happen if you submit a mileage request after the fact.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:00 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
My match went through before my trip. For whatever reason, DL entered my MVP number with several zeroes ahead of the actual MVP number. Hopefully everything posts fine WITH bonus miles, but I'm holding on to my BPs until I see everything post, just in case I need to file a mileage request.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
My match went through before my trip. For whatever reason, DL entered my MVP number with several zeroes ahead of the actual MVP number. Hopefully everything posts fine WITH bonus miles, but I'm holding on to my BPs until I see everything post, just in case I need to file a mileage request.
My Mileage Plan number had the extra zeros and it posted fine.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 9:07 am
Suspended

Success! I just checked my AS MileagePlan account and is shows "MVP" to the right of my name.
I submitted my request Monday last week (1/20/14) so it took about 7 business days.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 8:22 pm

Mailbox Full?

Sent in an email with credentials attached for status match today. Getting the automated email asking to email back credentials. ALso getting an email from post office with the same subject line stating "Sorry. Your message could not be delivered to: Information Review (Mailbox or Conference is full.). Resent status match email 5 hours later and still getting non delivery message. Has anyone else encountered this? Did alaska receive my status match email?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Vintage Al
Sent in an email with credentials attached for status match today. Getting the automated email asking to email back credentials. ALso getting an email from post office with the same subject line stating "Sorry. Your message could not be delivered to: Information Review (Mailbox or Conference is full.). Resent status match email 5 hours later and still getting non delivery message. Has anyone else encountered this? Did alaska receive my status match email?
Probably not. Try sending it to both addresses for MP status matches: elite.flyer@ and the regular mileageplan@ (or whatever the address is--it's been posted here).

If both bounce back (for all I know, they may go to the same place), it's time to call.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 12:44 am

I sent mine to [email protected] , they replied almost immediately with the request for statement, drivers license, and FF card. It took 10 days for them to approve my new MVP Gold. I used it today and am very happy with their excellent service.
Old May 16, 2014, 9:27 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

If requested in May, will new status expire in 2015 or 2016? If 2015, if requested later (e.g., July), would it then be 2016?
Old May 18, 2014, 12:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by dayone
If requested in May, will new status expire in 2015 or 2016? If 2015, if requested later (e.g., July), would it then be 2016?
Most likely December 31, 2014. Based on other reports, if you wanted status thru December 31, 2015, it would need to be November or later (but this is certainly subject to change)
Old Jun 10, 2014, 3:27 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by beckoa
Most likely December 31, 2014. Based on other reports, if you wanted status thru December 31, 2015, it would need to be November or later (but this is certainly subject to change)
I just asked them and got this response:

"If you apply on or after October 1st, we will honor status through the following year."
Old Jun 11, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: AA Reg
Originally Posted by dmodemd
I just asked them and got this response:

"If you apply on or after October 1st, we will honor status through the following year."
That's great news. Planning some Q4 travel, so hopefully I can just hold off an match later on while locking in trips now.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 2:48 pm

Interesting... I hope that wasn't an error. I would like to credit some October flights to Alaska if I can status match by then and keep it through 2015. It's just not worth it to miss out on the 100% RDM bonus from AA otherwise, and I won't match for 3 months of status.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: AA Reg
Received this auto-reply from elite.flyer@:
"
Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. To submit your
request for a Tier Match, send a copy of both sides of your current elite card,
an e-Statement showing current status and your drivers license. If your
original email did not include all of these documents, please resubmit with all
three attached. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your
documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount.

Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your
account and status is valid through the end of the year. If you apply on or
after October 1st, we will honor status through the following year.

We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many
years to come!

Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American,
Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, US Airways, and Virgin
America"

Emphasis mine.

Last edited by SmokeyTheBear; Jul 2, 2014 at 7:51 am Reason: Emphasis
Old Jul 2, 2014, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
So here's my quandry:

I'm an AA PLT right now, and will be lifetime PLT before this year is up. After 19 years in LA, I'll be making the move to Seattle this summer. I had flown AS pretty extensively before on the West Coast, crediting all my flights to my AA account. With the pending move, my guess is 90% of my domestic travel will be on AS metal.

I do have an MP account and would like to request a match to MVPG. However, I already burned my once-in-a-lifetime match about 4 years ago (really, for no reason other than getting those free upgrades on a few AS flights I had coming up... didn't think back then I would be SEA-based).

Do you think I'd have a chance if I contact the MP folks to explain the situation (that I'm actually moving to Seattle + previous match was youthful indiscretion)?

I also haven't matched to DL yet, so that's an option I could potentially leverage or actually exercise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.