Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When AS planes retire…

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2014, 6:32 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
I know that Dana air crashed one of them, one of the last ones to leave the AS fleet and one a rode on DEN-SEA just weeks before they got rid of it. Still a bit eerie to me. To the best of my knowledge thats the only A/C that Ive ever been on that crashed later. I think it was N944AS

Last edited by ANC; May 5, 2014 at 6:41 pm
Old May 5, 2014, 9:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by ANC
I know that Dana air crashed one of them, one of the last ones to leave the AS fleet and one a rode on DEN-SEA just weeks before they got rid of it. Still a bit eerie to me. To the best of my knowledge thats the only A/C that Ive ever been on that crashed later. I think it was N944AS
I rode on it a couple of times as well...
Old May 6, 2014, 4:52 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by EIPremier
I rode on it a couple of times as well...
At the time of the Dana AIr mishap I read into and researched some of the history of that a/c and found it had a quite troubled past many times with AS before DanaAir even had it. Not small troubles either but some of the biggest emergency issues an a/c can have. Several onboard smoke and fire incidents and engine incidents

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.