Search

AirTran Fees

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2006, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
AirTran Fees

Hey all,

I am doing some research for my company and am trying to determine the various fees that are charged by the major U.S. carriers for making reservations, paper tickets surcharges, offline services, etc.

I know that AirTran does not charge for online bookings but what about if you call directly and have an agent make a reservation and ticket it? Is there a charge?

In addition to any change fee, are there any other charges that AirTran will get you for that a typical traveler may not be aware of when booking online or through an AirTran agent?

Thanks for any information you provide.
Old Apr 29, 2006, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Steam
I know that AirTran does not charge for online bookings but what about if you call directly and have an agent make a reservation and ticket it? Is there a charge?

I've only always booked on-line so I can't tell you if there is a fee for reserving tickets over the phone. I know they've never charged me extra (other than the occasional change fee) for making scheduling changes over the phone. You might want to just call them at 1.800.AIR.TRAN (1.800.247.8726) and ask them. It should be relatively painless.
Old May 1, 2006, 3:59 pm

Programs: united
Is there a fee for rebooking an award ticket??
Old May 1, 2006, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by dendomicile
Is there a fee for rebooking an award ticket??
You have until 1 hour before departure to make changes then your award is worthless. Any changes must stay within the 1 year validity of the award voucher. (someone else may want to clarify if on the last day of validity of the voucher can you make a reservation 6 months out and if so can you make changes to it.)

Biz Class when you call in you can change the flight the dates, names, times etc... or you can cancel and have the award returned to a voucher status.

Coach. You can cancel and have the roundtrip returned to a voucher for $50 or you can make one change in flight time, dates or destination (but not name) for free one time and then it is $50 thereafter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.