Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

Help! n00b trying to book MDW to AUA in March

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2013, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A+, Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to book 3 coach class tickets from MDW to AUA for the last week in March 2014 using Rapid Rewards points that I will convert to A+. Air Tran just opened up the schedule until April for this route. I spoke with an A+ CSR and her supervisor yesterday, both of whom told me that only business class is available for reward seats at this time. They could not say if/when reward seats in coach would open up.

Does anybody have any insight or suggestions on how to book this itinerary?

Thanks very much.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 8:38 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
MDW-ATL-AUA is the only way to get there.

It likely will be full on one leg or the other. ATL is a big hub for Airtran.

And for those not booking on points-credits the shared routing WN-FL is bookable on Airtran.com.

In short I doubt coach will appear as there are oodles of connections available.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:15 pm

I have tried to book a San Juan trip on multiple occasions. The rewards flights to these locations seem to be severely limited.

You can check the Airtran site to see when such Rewards are available. I suspect your options will be very limited.

I just checked on the Airtran Website and outgoing flights are available on 3/10, 3/12, 3/17, 3/19 and 3/28. return Flights are available on 3/19, 3/28 and 4/3.

Good Luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.