Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MIA Turkish Lounge Concourse E

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2021, 6:10 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
MIA Turkish Lounge Concourse E

This lounge is new and is located in Concourse E. TK flies out of Concourse J and has a separate lounge there so this serves mainly as a Priority Pass Lounge but still advertises itself as TK/Star Gold. It's located by the E Concourse security checkpoint near Gate E2

First seating area, there's a business center just off this room

Main seating area

All service is by agents who work the buffet

Drink service is also done by agents

Great views. Overall a nice little lounge and a good option as the Concourse E Admirals Club is currently closed
Old Mar 1, 2021, 8:23 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
....serves mainly as a Priority Pass Lounge but still advertises itself as TK/Star Gold. It's located by the E Concourse security checkpoint near Gate E2
This lounge is listed on The Club at ... website, which inaccurately shows it as closed. It could be that they are managing the lounge for TK, or perhaps it will change branding soon?

The Club response to COVID-19
Old Mar 1, 2021, 7:21 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by mia
It could be that they are managing the lounge for TK, or perhaps it will change branding soon?
Would not be surprised if it changed branding given that TK now has another lounge in H/J. Anyone know if this Concourse E lounge had actual TK staff? I would assume not since in 2016 I believe TK was handled by Avianca agents or some outsourcing firm.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Flew through MIA last week, visited both TK lounges. Both were busy and (as best I could tell) both were serving the same food. MIA Other TK Lounge (Concourse H-J)

Arrived Concourse H on UA, TK H-J lounge and Military lounge on the way out of the airport. Departed same concourse, went a little crazy with lounges, Centurion then TK Concourse E, exited secure area, Military lounge then TK H-J lounge.

I asked a couple of the TK lounge receptionists how many flights TK had from MIA, was told “one”. I’m very curious as to why TK would have 2 lounges for only 1 flight per day. Is it a contractual obligation from Star Alliance? Priority Pass? Something else? Thank you.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 8:07 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
....why TK would have 2 lounges for only 1 flight per day.....
This is only a guess. Since 2014 Turkish Airlines has had a codeshare arrangement with JetBlue. TK flights operate from concourse H. B6 flights operate from concourse E. JetBlue does not operate its own lounges, so perhaps Turkish Airlines put their own lounge in E to accommodate passengers who are connecting from a TK international flight to a B6 flight.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President, Hilton Diamond
It's also there for Qatar, Finnair and United flights in Terminal E.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:09 pm

I don't have any pictures, but the Turkish Lounge in E felt quite small for a lounge and was pretty crowded Saturday afternoon around 2:30 PM. I was able to find a single seat but no plugs were nearby. There also appeared to be a lot of seats missing along the bar area which I would've liked to sit at if seating was available. Having the food in the middle of the lounge with people waiting there for someone to dish it up didn't help - it would've felt less crowded had it been off to the side or in a different room. I will give credit to the food selection - it was reasonable and quite tasty, though the crowding overwhelmed me to the point that I decided to just head over to the Corona Beach House instead - it simply wasn't relaxing.

There seemed to be a couple of extra rooms in the lounge that weren't open? When I checked in there was definitely a larger room with some tables that was sitting empty and, if opened up, appeared to be a place where more room to spread out could have been found.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 3:45 am

Programs: WN A+/CP
Website says open at 5am but it is not correct. It opens at 6am.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 7:39 am

When I visited last Monday at 3pm using PP, we were told to go to the side room with 30-40 seats (another door on the right side before the check-in desk) which was small, no bathroom, crowded with a tiny food section. Lots of natural light though, and drink/alcohol wasn't bad. It was a way different experience than the main section would offer as in OP's pictures. Either the main section was used exclusively for another airline's business passengers or they might have split guests randomly due to overcrowd.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 9:30 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Pictures above hardly represents what this lounge looks like today. I've always thought TK lounges to be testimony to how profitable contracting can work. Have never been impressed with the offerings.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 10:39 am

Agreed. If you are in Miami I recommend the Turkish Lounge in Terminal H it is super nice, compared to the TK lounge in Terminal E.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Dec 4, 2023 at 1:04 pm Reason: Remove link to another website
Old Jan 21, 2024, 1:16 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bobbybrown
When I visited last Monday at 3pm using PP, we were told to go to the side room with 30-40 seats (another door on the right side before the check-in desk) which was small, no bathroom, crowded with a tiny food section. Lots of natural light though, and drink/alcohol wasn't bad. It was a way different experience than the main section would offer as in OP's pictures. Either the main section was used exclusively for another airline's business passengers or they might have split guests randomly due to overcrowd.
I'm in here now.it seems like they send Priority Pass to the side door and everyone else straight ahead past them.

There's a small buffet, coffee machine self service sodas, canned beer, and alcohol. There are four dishes available from QR code ordering: falafel, rice pilaf, some chicken dish, and mixed vegetables.

Alcohol (plus there's sparkling wine, Dos XX, coor light and Heineken cans in fridge.

​​​​​WE hit Corona beach restaurant and then here. I was gonna try the other, better Turkish lounge (according to flyer talk forums) but I would have to clear security twice instead of one more to get to F gates so just chilling.
MisterBill likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
I was gonna try the other, better Turkish lounge (according to flyer talk forums) but I would have to clear security twice instead of one more to get to F gates so just chilling.
Good decision - the other lounge isn't worth the extra time, hassle and stress to clear security twice more.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
I​​​​​WE hit Corona beach restaurant and then here. I was gonna try the other, better Turkish lounge (according to flyer talk forums) but I would have to clear security twice instead of one more to get to F gates so just chilling.
How was the Corona restaurant? I figure that's our dinner in two Saturdays, since I have a 3.5 hour layover between ~4-7:30pm. Did you try any of the QR orderable food at the lounge?
Old Jan 27, 2024, 1:22 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MisterBill
How was the Corona restaurant? I figure that's our dinner in two Saturdays, since I have a 3.5 hour layover between ~4-7:30pm. Did you try any of the QR orderable food at the lounge?
I just had nachos and two desserts there. It was good enough. Try to ask for that server Hiram that's in all the Google reviews as I'm curious why he gets such good reviews. I tried asking for him and the host mumbled something I didn't understand and wound up with a server that was not Harim.

As a thread I found on here says, you do get $30 per person (vs $28 at most other places) and get it per guess (versus max +1 $28 guest at seemingly all other PP restaurants). We had 5 people total so put 3 people on one card and two on the other. The PP machine wasn't working here nor at the lounge so they just wrote down our card info. The threads here say they add 18% as gratuity automatically and the PP credit can be used towards that.

I was.too busy worrying about getting cards scanned and figuring out lounge that I forgot to take pics of the food or I would have posted some.

I only tried the falafel at the lounge. It wasn't that good. I wish I had tried the chicken instead. My GFs kid tried the rice pilaf; I guess he liked it as he ate it all.
​​​​​​
​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.