MSP - Best Lounge options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP - Best Lounge options

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The PGA lounge still serves from Ike's menu, including hot breakfasts to order, bar snacks, burgers and other sandwiches, and about four dinner main courses, including steak and salmon. The current entrance is between the new restaurant and the construction zone; it looks like the same staircase that was used previously.

The new restaurant underneath is open now and seems like a more trendy version of Ike's in that it advertises hot breakfasts and later looks like a locally sourced steakhouse.

People's Organic is still under construction.

Indeed French Meadow seems to be gone from the food court. RIP
DrAlex likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
PGA lounge

A Yelp reviewer recently wrote that they have opened a new kitchen and that the "breakfast tacos were awesome"

Anyone know what restaurants will accept the $15 credit?
Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
For what it is worth, I think that the Minneapolis United Club has one of the most social bars in the system. For what it is worth, I like the MSP C-concourse Delta Club more.
I really enjoyed that UC. Almost empty every time I've been there. Sadly, the new rules requiring UA boarding pass to access it means I likely won't see the inside of it again...
Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC Ike's is leaving MSP airport permanently and something else is getting their space. [You might try to search for a thread on merchant F&B changes at MSP in the DL forum. Surdyk's is gone too.]
Surdyk's leaving really sucked. I preferred it to most lounges.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by zoned_post_meridiem
I really enjoyed that UC. Almost empty every time I've been there. Sadly, the new rules requiring UA boarding pass to access it means I likely won't see the inside of it again...
As a lifetime United Club member, and current Platinum, this change also really boils my blood. I’m much more likely to favor the competition going forward because they did not honor their end of the deal.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
As a lifetime United Club member, and current Platinum, this change also really boils my blood. I’m much more likely to favor the competition going forward because they did not honor their end of the deal.
Do you happen to have any materials from when you signed up for the lifetime membership? I wonder if they're complying with their own T&C.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 9:55 am

Yeah, that sucks. I'm not a lifetime member, just using Chase CC to access, and I'm mildly miffed -- but I'd be irate in your position. I also wonder what this means for UCs at airports with little UA ops ... who will still access these clubs?
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Yeah, that sucks. I'm not a lifetime member, just using Chase CC to access, and I'm mildly miffed -- but I'd be irate in your position. I also wonder what this means for UCs at airports with little UA ops ... who will still access these clubs?
Name a few.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 12:36 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by philemer
Name a few.

United Club members flying United in pretty much any outstation: In the west? SEA/PHX/PDX/LAS/SNA/SAN/etc.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by philemer
Name a few.
I'll add MSP, as per this thread's topic. Few UA flights, with DEN and ORD to the west and east of it handling that region.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 9:43 pm

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I'll add MSP, as per this thread's topic. Few UA flights, with DEN and ORD to the west and east of it handling that region.
Standard fortress hub situation: the other majors have a few flights to their hubs, but not much else. They tacitly agree not to compete to/from the others’ fortresses.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/GS, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I am a regular at the MSP UC, so much so that I actually got a Christmas card in the mail this year from the “MSP United Club Team”. For me, the existence of that UC is one of the things keeping me from defecting to Delta. Put differently, if United were to abandon that club, I think that would tip me over the edge to defecting. It also differentiates United from American (which has no club at MSP).
Old Dec 27, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC the UA lounge at MSP was opened (or at least planned) before MSP had PP options. Before then, the only lounges at MSP were PMNW and then DL operated. There still aren't any lounges at all in T2, although flying some carrier other than DL from T1 now potentially gives the choice of PGA (PP) or Escape (AmEx Plat card etc.).
Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:36 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Is the Priority Pass benefit just the PGA lounge today? Still can't take the $15 credit to any outside food outlets?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 3:16 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Is the Priority Pass benefit just the PGA lounge today? Still can't take the $15 credit to any outside food outlets?
It’s just PGA. At least for my PP benefit.

I use the Escape when not flying DL or at times even when flying DL, but that’s not PP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.