MSP - Best Lounge options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP - Best Lounge options

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2021, 2:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
As the Escape Lounge wasn't open today and I was on UA whose United Club remains closed I went to the PGA. My PriorityPass card got me either $15 in food and beverage credit at their restaurant or $15 in a golf simulator. I went with the F&B option. A Diet Pepsi and Chicken Caesar Salad left me with a balance of $6. Not a bad way to kill some time, they have their own Wifi network too.
Old May 16, 2021, 10:21 am
ck8

Programs: Delta SkyMiles GM/United Mileage Plus/Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by CMK10
As the Escape Lounge wasn't open today and I was on UA whose United Club remains closed I went to the PGA. My PriorityPass card got me either $15 in food and beverage credit at their restaurant or $15 in a golf simulator. I went with the F&B option. A Diet Pepsi and Chicken Caesar Salad left me with a balance of $6. Not a bad way to kill some time, they have their own Wifi network too.
I recently switched from CSR to AX Plat and have not visited the PGA club since. IIRC AmEx doesn't support this location with PP as it comes with a food credit? Since I am flying UA looks like I am SOL with lounge access as Escape is closed until August.
Old May 18, 2021, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ck8
I recently switched from CSR to AX Plat and have not visited the PGA club since. IIRC AmEx doesn't support this location with PP as it comes with a food credit? Since I am flying UA looks like I am SOL with lounge access as Escape is closed until August.
I only have Priority Pass via AX Plat and it was scanned at PGA with no issues and I got my food credit. I think it's an exception.
ck8 likes this.
Old May 19, 2021, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, AS Mileage Plan, AMEX MR, NWA WorldPerks SilverElite
Hopefully the refreshed Escape lounge features restrooms inside the lounge.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old May 21, 2021, 11:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by ck8
A remodeled MSP Escape will apparently re-open in August:

https://thriftytraveler.com/news/air...kzHesXhpd5Sukw
Thanks for posting that. Great to see the OAK lounge will be open again in June. Such a nice little lounge.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 12:54 pm
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
Thanks for this! I will be at MSP departing next Saturday and have a long sit while waiting for a UA flight.

Are there and work cubicles in the PGA club? And it's right near the UA concourse, yes?
Old Jul 9, 2021, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wunderpit
Thanks for this! I will be at MSP departing next Saturday and have a long sit while waiting for a UA flight.

Are there and work cubicles in the PGA club? And it's right near the UA concourse, yes?
No work cubicles that I am aware. It's sort of like a sports bar and gift shop, if that helps paint a picture.

Walk to UA gates is about five minutes.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 9:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The PGA lounge seems to be open everyday from 11 am to 8 pm. Both seating areas (on both sides of the entry desk in the PGA shop) are open. If you select a table, a server will bring menus, take your order, etc. (You don't need to go to the bar to get a drink.) When I was there last Saturday (July 3rd in the afternoon) it was quiet and pretty empty. I was easily able to work at a table near the bar looking down over the main concourse.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The Escape lounge at MSP and the UA lounge at MSP still remained closed and with their closed signs on the doors even at the end of July.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 10:37 am
ck8

Programs: Delta SkyMiles GM/United Mileage Plus/Hilton Honors
Supposed to reopen sometime this month (August.)
GUWonder likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 11:04 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ck8
Supposed to reopen sometime this month (August.)
That’s good. For my MSP lounge use, I have preferred the Escape lounge over the other lounges at MSP. But for my morning flights out of MSP in recent months, it’s been basically a case of no lounge access for me at MSP in the morning unless I happen to be flying Delta.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 6:35 pm

The Escape Lounge at MSP reopened last week. The hours are from 8 am to 4 pm daily. I had a chance to stop by today. The layout is almost the same as pre-closing and the restrooms are still located outside the lounge. Unfortunately, they appear to have completely eliminated the buffet and any self-service food options. I saw a fridge with some soda beneath a self-service coffee station but I did not look to see if it was in operation. Other then that, all food and drinks are ordered from your table. Here is the food menu:

The Cesar salad was pre-made and soggy but the remainder of the items that I tried were fine. The portions were tiny, Think cocktail party hors d'oeuvre, not entrée. The servers were attentive and came by every few minutes to ask what else they could bring you but it was awkward to have your food served to you a few bites at a time. I really missed the self service antipasti and salads that the lounge used to have.

Pre-covid, I strongly preferred the Escape lounge to either of the Delta Skyclubs or the PGA lounge. It was quiet, rarely crowded and the food was pretty good. Now I think it would depend. If I needed a quiet place to work for a couple of hours I would choose the Escape Lounge. If I was hungry I would probably go to the Skyclub outside F and G.
GUWonder, mia, ck8 and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:19 am

Does anyone know if the PGA CLUB is open?

I don't really care about the actual club, but is it still possible to get $15 vouchers per person to use a select cafes/stores?

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...pga-msp-lounge
Old Aug 18, 2021, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Does anyone know if the PGA CLUB is open?

I don't really care about the actual club, but is it still possible to get $15 vouchers per person to use a select cafes/stores?

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...pga-msp-lounge
It is indeed. You get a $15 credit at their bar/restaurant.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 10:01 am
pjs

We only have about 1 hour (assuming everything is on time) on the ground in MSP. Landing and taking off from C gates. Worth trekking to F/G Skyclub or will C have a decent spread for dinner around 6pm? Thx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.