Wiki Posts
Search

MSP - Best Lounge options

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
MSP - Best Lounge options

It looks like I might be going to MSP a few times this year, so I'll try to review each one of the clubs there. But any one who's been to them: Feel free to add on But I will try to review PGA Lounge, DL Sky Clubs, Escape and the United Club.

The first will be the Escape Lounge:
  • I popped in about 9:30am, only about 10 people in the lounge, looked like capacity for 100+.
  • Looked like a good selection at the bar, but I was not up for an eye opener.
  • Power outlets all around
  • Nice breakfast selection, 2 options for cold cereal, one for hot cereal (I think it was grits), 2 hot quiche/egg bake options, cold meats and cheeses, cold middle eastern options (hummus, olives, etc.) and a yogurt bar with a wide selection of fruits.
  • No bathroom in the lounge, you go to a door marked restrooms and it locks behind you, once you leave the restrooms, there is a hand made sign indicating to go back to the main entrance.
  • TV & flight status monitors are also in the bar area.
  • Very cool views of the Airport
  • Open Daily 4am-8pm
  • Located in the mezzanine at the entrance to the E concourse (UA, NK, F9, AC, AS & AA). 2 easy flights of stairs, or an elevator.

Admitted with AX Plat (allowed 2 guests but I went solo) needed AX card, ID and BP
Cost without would have been $40 in advance $45 at the door.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I found the Escape Lounge to be a really nice venue at MSP. Quiet since they moved from PP to Amex/cash, with attentive servers and a variety of seating. I like the natural light and, like you point out, power outlets everywhere. That was great. Regarding the restroom, not only are the closest ones outside the lounge, those are small. I found it worth going downstairs just below the Escape Lounge stairs.

I wasn't there for breakfast, so I appreciate your insights. The lunch options are very good (better than the Delta SkyClub) - they have hot sliders (like cubanos, and pulled pork) in addition to the crudite and dips. Coffee is acceptable.
jhayes_1780 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:41 pm

MSP Lounges - Delta Sky Club

I just want to say a word about the Delta Sky Club at MSP. There is one located at the end of concourse F that has no view whatsoever. Since typically, but not always, this one is nearest your gate if you're flying Delta a lot of people use this lounge and it is very crowded.

There is another Delta Sky club near gate C10 that is much nicer IMHO and much less crowded and it has a nice view of airport operations. Typically, but not always, it is a long walk to this lounge.

There is an elevated walkway that shortcuts between concourse G and C and comes out at almost right at gate C10, should you find yourself arriving in concourse G,

Bob
willoL and Mike B like this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BobBell
There is another Delta Sky club near gate C10 that is much nicer IMHO and much less crowded and it has a nice view of airport operations.
That's my preferred SC at MSP. I like the old school Northwest style with the fireplaces, big leather chairs, self serve bar.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
That's my preferred SC at MSP. I like the old school Northwest style with the fireplaces, big leather chairs, self serve bar.
OOh that sounds nice. Not sure when I will be through MSP next, but that sounds worth the concourse jump (I have visited the one on F with the floor to ceiling, but frosted, glass)
Old Feb 23, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
My favorite MSP lounge is Escape. It is close to the PGA Lounge which actually offers a food voucher good at a bunch of different restaurants. For what it is worth, I really like the French Meadow Bakery & Cafe which is on their list. The MSP UA Club has the best bar at the airport---great views of planes and sports, and feels delightfully cozy.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
MSP - Best Lounge options for Amex Plat flying Delta

I have a 3 hour layover at MSP coming up and I know they've added some new lounges to MSP, in the past I've always used the DL Skyclub but curious if anyone recommends the Escape lounge or the PGA lounge.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I haven't been to either of the new ones, but from what I understand the PGA Lounge gives you a $15 voucher for food that can be used in the lounge or a couple of the near by restaurants if you wanted a heartier meal than the Skyclub is likely to offer. Personally I quite like the Skyclub that still has the old Northwest feel to it with the big windows, leather chairs, and self serve bar.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
When I fly through Minneapolis I high tail it to the PGA lounge to get the food voucher; I then walk downstairs to the French Meadow Cafe and place an order for a sandwich to eat onboard. The French Meadow Cafe tends to take about 20-30 minutes to prepare the sandwich. I then visit the adjacent Escape Lounge and eat a meal if hungry, or order drinks, in 20 minutes I pick up the sandwich. Then if my flight is closer to one of the DL clubs I'll head over there. For what it is worth, I think that the Minneapolis United Club has one of the most social bars in the system. For what it is worth, I like the MSP C-concourse Delta Club more.
marcdc likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
When I fly through Minneapolis I high tail it to the PGA lounge to get the food voucher; I then walk downstairs to the French Meadow Cafe and place an order for a sandwich to eat onboard. The French Meadow Cafe tends to take about 20-30 minutes to prepare the sandwich. I then visit the adjacent Escape Lounge and eat a meal if hungry, or order drinks, in 20 minutes I pick up the sandwich. Then if my flight is closer to one of the DL clubs I'll head over there. For what it is worth, I think that the Minneapolis United Club has one of the most social bars in the system. For what it is worth, I like the MSP C-concourse Delta Club more.
Nice plan, like the idea of picking up the sandwich for later, will be on a 3 hour layover during lunch so will probably double dip the PGA Club and Escape Lounge, plus head over to the skyclub right before the flight boards.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 12:41 am

I like the Escape lounge very much. On my two trips it was quiet, the food was good, and there are power plugs everywhere. The only downside is that the bathroom is not in the lounge. One of those two trips I was flying DeltaOne so I also had Skyclub access. The Skyclub was packed, so it was loud and the food options weren't impressive (salad and a lukewarm mac & cheese, if I'm recalling correctly).

I haven't used the PGA Lounge w/ priority pass -- are you saying the $15 voucher is good anywhere in the airport? Or were you just recommending a good place to get a sandwich? Helpful either way, just trying to learn for my next MSP visit.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103
I like the Escape lounge very much. On my two trips it was quiet, the food was good, and there are power plugs everywhere. The only downside is that the bathroom is not in the lounge. One of those two trips I was flying DeltaOne so I also had Skyclub access. The Skyclub was packed, so it was loud and the food options weren't impressive (salad and a lukewarm mac & cheese, if I'm recalling correctly).

I haven't used the PGA Lounge w/ priority pass -- are you saying the $15 voucher is good anywhere in the airport? Or were you just recommending a good place to get a sandwich? Helpful either way, just trying to learn for my next MSP visit.
The PGA Lounge gives a $15 voucher which is valid at several vendors in the immediate vicinity, but not elsewhere in the airport. (I think the PGA lounge bar, the PGA golf simulator, Ike's Grill, and the French Meadow Cafe are on the list.) The French Meadow Cafe is "Grab & Go" which means I can have a snack or drinks at the Escape lounge, and then pick up a sandwich/salad/kombucha for the flight. It is quite slow, so totally not worth it if pressed for time.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:49 pm

The PGA Lounge gives a $15 voucher which is valid at several vendors in the immediate vicinity, but not elsewhere in the airport. (I think the PGA lounge bar, the PGA golf simulator, Ike's Grill, and the French Meadow Cafe are on the list.) The French Meadow Cafe is "Grab & Go" which means I can have a snack or drinks at the Escape lounge, and then pick up a sandwich/salad/kombucha for the flight. It is quite slow, so totally not worth it if pressed for time.
Cool - I have previously skipped it in favor of the Escape lounge, because I thought it had to be at the PGA lounge. But the ability to use it for Grab & Go is great advice, so thank you.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Glad I stumbled across this -- passing through MSP in a couple weeks (which somehow I've never done as a DL FF) -- great tip about the PGA, will definitely take advantage of this en route to the SC
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I have just merged two threads with more-or-less the same theme, and deleted (with thanks) a post which would now give a circular reference.
CWS/mod
jhayes_1780 and fti like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.