Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air NZ offering status match to QF

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2009, 8:21 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, NZ *G, Le Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by wijomas
I think they just got that a bit confused - I can't see how they'd differentiate between a GE and a matched GE...
When NZ Status Match almost all people are given what is described as 'nominated status. Sometimes they issue full status, but only to customers they consider to be very lucrative.

Under 'nominated' status you do not receive the add on benefits, such as the upgrades et al. You also need to qualiffy in full to continue at that tier the following year as supposed to being able to requalify with 10% less status credits.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 3:02 am

Programs: AA-1MM
Don't think that they will be matching status for AA-EXP... and having to have over 50% of the flights on Air NZ to keep top status is not good....

I think I'll go for the BD status match and take my 4 flights per year to keep that....

However, I love the 'innovative' thing that they put in for Air Points....if that is innovation, then they can keep it....
Old Feb 21, 2009, 10:02 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by serfty
Cheers Blackcloud; this vindicates your efforts - What an opportunity! ^
When I do the WLG-AKL and TT runs for work they always questioned why I chose QF, it was cheaper. I explained that was due to my WP status and they accepted it.
I had spoken to our NZ Business Direct manager about this on Friday. I asked her if they could status match, thanks to Thai Kiwi and his status match from TG *G giving me the idea. Manager said she would look into it, so NZ must have had several enquires.
As I will need my WP card for our European and Asian jaunt I shall hold onto it until then, just in time I guess for my renewed WP (most likely final) to replace it. I lost all sentimentality for QF with the latest changes.
Damn, offer closes 31 March.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 11:27 pm
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
When I do the WLG-AKL and TT runs for work they always questioned why I chose QF, it was cheaper. I explained that was due to my WP status and they accepted it.
I had spoken to our NZ Business Direct manager about this on Friday. I asked her if they could status match, thanks to Thai Kiwi and his status match from TG *G giving me the idea. Manager said she would look into it, so NZ must have had several enquires.
As I will need my WP card for our European and Asian jaunt I shall hold onto it until then, just in time I guess for my renewed WP (most likely final) to replace it. I lost all sentimentality for QF with the latest changes.
Damn, offer closes 31 March.
I did speak to someone at Air NZ about a status match quite some time ago (before the Qantas changes) when I was with my previous employer. It seemed like it was all go but then nothing ended up happening, so glad to see that someone was being persistent with them!
Old Feb 22, 2009, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
May be a factor, but methinks it has more to do the with JQ airbuses plying the domestic NZ skies from June.

Last edited by serfty; Feb 22, 2009 at 1:25 am
Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
When NZ Status Match almost all people are given what is described as 'nominated status. Sometimes they issue full status, but only to customers they consider to be very lucrative.

Under 'nominated' status you do not receive the add on benefits, such as the upgrades et al. You also need to qualify in full to continue at that tier the following year as supposed to being able to requalify with 10% less status credits.
This is precisely what happned with my TG*G match. None of the 'extras', and in fact my profile read 'AirNZ Jade' deep in the bowels of my profile pages... all expired since 31 jan, and been awaiting a reply on a repeat deal based on my TG*G status, which is valid until end Dec 09.

Note, I received my AirNZ Silver pack, with 2 complimentary KC passes, and a comment about 2 sector upgrades. But this was a 'form letter' I guess, as there are no upgrades showing on my new Silver profile....
Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:08 am

There is quite alot of discussion about this offer in a parallel thread running in the QF forum.

So *E comps will get 2 sector upgrades, and *Gs will get 1, after a year. Thai-Kiwi did you also get a Koru Complimentary Lounge Pass valid for one month after the end of your membership?
Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ntddevsys
There is quite alot of discussion about this offer in a parallel thread running in the QF forum.

So *E comps will get 2 sector upgrades, and *Gs will get 1, after a year. Thai-Kiwi did you also get a Koru Complimentary Lounge Pass valid for one month after the end of your membership?
No, 2 tear-off silver coloured temp looking KC 'guest passes' - for either my use (as Silver) or as a guest pass if already holding KC membership.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 12:45 am

Programs: NZ*G
My first post

Hello FTers!

I have been lurking for a while and never joined 'cos didn't feel I had anything to contribute. But I feel 2009 will be different (the 3 JD&Cokes have helped ).

Thanks to a few business trips in 2007 I managed Plat status with QF. Will drop down to Gold in June. But we're back in Aoteoroa now, just to have QF pull out

BUT, thanks to NZ going all Bransony, I might get to experience the delights of NZ*GE - yes, I've sent my QF card in !

Hopefully will meet some of you in my travels! Maybe even the great Kiwi Flyer!

Last edited by Tablet2009; Feb 24, 2009 at 12:46 am Reason: spelling
Old Feb 24, 2009, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
No, 2 tear-off silver coloured temp looking KC 'guest passes' - for either my use (as Silver) or as a guest pass if already holding KC membership.
Hmm... I wonder what it takes to get in addition to these the one month complimentary visitor's pass.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 12:52 am
In memoriam

Smile

Originally Posted by Tablet2009
Hello FTers!

I have been lurking for a while and never joined 'cos didn't feel I had anything to contribute. But I feel 2009 will be different (the 3 JD&Cokes have helped ).

Thanks to a few business trips in 2007 I managed Plat status with QF. Will drop down to Gold in June. But we're back in Aoteoroa now, just to have QF pull out

BUT, thanks to NZ going all Bransony, I might get to experience the delights of NZ*GE - yes, I've sent my QF card in !

Hopefully will meet some of you in my travels! Maybe even the great Kiwi Flyer!
Welcome to FT, Tablet2009!

I'm sure you'll bump into Kiwi Flyer some day - he's well known for his omnipresent properties!
Old Feb 24, 2009, 11:55 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Welcome to Flyer Talk Tablet2009

Nice move away from the dark side
Old Feb 25, 2009, 2:16 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by serfty
Cheers Blackcloud; this vindicates your efforts - What an opportunity! ^
Call from BizDirect.
No need to send card in.^
I will not update profile until GE card is in my hands.
Now how many GAS do I need to keep GE? Also would love to get the night at Citron if I requalify.

Last edited by Blackcloud; Feb 26, 2009 at 4:01 am
Old Feb 25, 2009, 7:47 am
In memoriam

My status has been updated
Old Feb 25, 2009, 10:57 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Also would love to get the night at Citron if I requalify.
Isn't that a NZ*E+ gift (ie need 2500 status points)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.