FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   Air NZ offering status match to QF (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/923880-air-nz-offering-status-match-qf.html)

nz_crew Feb 20, 2009 4:12 am

Air NZ offering status match to QF

If Qantas want to cut and run from domestic flights in New Zealand, that's their choice, but we're quite fond of New Zealand, and we'll definitely be sticking around; so if you want to jump on board with us, we'd be delighted.

Just cut up your Qantas Frequent Flyer card, send it to us and we'll send you a brand spanking, shiny Air New Zealand Airpoints card, we'll join you up for free and match you to our equivalent Airpoints tier status.
http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/sliceit/default.htm

serfty Feb 20, 2009 4:27 am

Cheers Blackcloud; this vindicates your efforts - What an opportunity! ^

wijomas Feb 20, 2009 4:56 am

Awesome! WP plastic given the chop, form sent!

futaris Feb 20, 2009 5:03 am

Of course once you're status is matched, and you want to reuse your QANTAS status, you can order a Replacement Card for A$25 or 2,500 points.

Does Air New Zealand Air Points do soft landings?

wijomas Feb 20, 2009 5:10 am

Originally Posted by futaris (Post 11291304)
Of course once you're status is matched, and you want to reuse your QANTAS status, you can order a Replacement Card for A$25 or 2,500 points.

Can't remember the last time I used my physical card anyway :rolleyes:

They did as of about June~ last year, so if the rules haven't changed since then, then the answer is yes, they do :p

futaris Feb 20, 2009 5:12 am

Originally Posted by wijomas (Post 11291325)

Physical cards are usually needed to access alliance lounges, e.g. this thread for Star Gold. You might fly Cathay Pacific and want lounge access on behalf of QFF.

DownUnderFlyer Feb 20, 2009 5:16 am

Originally Posted by wijomas (Post 11291325)

Ever been to LHR? ;)

wijomas Feb 20, 2009 5:20 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer (Post 11291345)
Ever been to LHR? ;)

Not with status, or lounge access. I tend to avoid LHR like the plague after such a painful experience :D

wijomas Feb 20, 2009 5:23 am

Originally Posted by futaris (Post 11291332)
Physical cards are usually needed to access alliance lounges, e.g. this thread for Star Gold. You might fly Cathay Pacific and want lounge access on behalf of QFF.

I've never been asked for it at any OW lounge (so long as the boarding pass indicates I'm OW Emerald), but I do carry my BD *G card (since my boarding pass always shows only my NZ *S status, but that will change within the next few days I hope! :D)

Either way, I'll probably order a new QF card anyway, for prosperity's sake ;)

I wonder if QF will suddenly have an influx of NZ-based WP's ordering replacement cards :rolleyes:

Leumas Feb 20, 2009 5:55 am

Yes, they do.

BTW, is this really a status match? From the web page, you still need to earn 1500 status points for the next year, rather than 1350 as per normal GEs...

wijomas Feb 20, 2009 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Leumas (Post 11291448)
BTW, is this really a status match? From the web page, you still need to earn 1500 status points for the next year, rather than 1350 as per normal GEs...

I think they just got that a bit confused - I can't see how they'd differentiate between a GE and a matched GE...

Kiwi Flyer Feb 20, 2009 11:06 am

I bet NZ won't match my lifetime status on QF with lifetime status on NZ.

Not available to Qantas Frequent Flyer life members.
:td:

everywhere Feb 20, 2009 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by wijomas (Post 11292537)
I think they just got that a bit confused - I can't see how they'd differentiate between a GE and a matched GE...

Should they want to... pretty easily.

This one doesn't get complimentary upgrades either.

Interesting that they are matching WP for *E.

Good on NZ for grabbing the opportunity here.

Kiwi Flyer Feb 20, 2009 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by wijomas (Post 11292537)

Just as they have a code for partner GE they can have a code for matched GE.

wijomas Feb 20, 2009 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post 11294571)
Just as they have a code for partner GE they can have a code for matched GE.

Hmm, I guess so. Just seems kind of pointless going to that trouble just so a GE has to earn an extra 150 or so status points to retain :o