Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge facilitites Air New Zealand

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2007, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Lounge facilitites Air New Zealand

I have just booked my first Business Class flight with Air New Zealand, from Heathrow to Hong Kong. It is not clear from their website whether I will have acess to their Club Lounge. It talks alot about membership of the "KORU" club.

Does anyone know whether I will be allowed in, or do I have to sit with the plebs?
Old Feb 2, 2007, 9:51 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Yes, you will be allowed in. In London, Air NZ use the United Red Carpet Club, which is a pretty awful lounge, all told. However, you do have the right to access the London Lounge (a joint SAS/Air Canada effort) which is excellent for facilities, or the Singapore Airlines lounge, which is excellent for food. You may need to argue to gain access, but this is a published benefit of business class travel for Star Alliance (outside North America).

The United/NZ lounge at Hong Kong isn't bad, but, for Star Alliance, I prefer the Thai lounge there. If only for the green tea ice cream

Apart from that, Air NZ's new business class is one of the best I've had the pleasure to travel on. Have a great flight, and welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Feb 2, 2007, 10:17 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, Davie.Please continue to follow thread in the NZ Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Feb 2, 2007, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by stut
Yes, you will be allowed in. In London, Air NZ use the United Red Carpet Club, which is a pretty awful lounge, all told. However, you do have the right to access the London Lounge (a joint SAS/Air Canada effort) which is excellent for facilities, or the Singapore Airlines lounge, which is excellent for food. You may need to argue to gain access, but this is a published benefit of business class travel for Star Alliance (outside North America).

The United/NZ lounge at Hong Kong isn't bad, but, for Star Alliance, I prefer the Thai lounge there. If only for the green tea ice cream

Apart from that, Air NZ's new business class is one of the best I've had the pleasure to travel on. Have a great flight, and welcome to Flyertalk!
TG was definitely nicer than UA in HKG, but the SQ is really the tops there.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 4:19 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by stut

Hmmmm, doesn't the right to use A.N.Other *A lounge other than the official one unless owning the appropriate bit of *A shiny plastic (apologies in advance if I've missed something).

Incidentally, the UA lounge in London is actually acceptable (free bar where you pour your own drinks); just poor compared to the excellent AC/SK and Silver Kris lounges.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 8:09 am

Programs: F
From the Star Alliance website:

Lounge Access for International Business Class: Customers who present an international Business Class boarding pass, regardless of the Star Alliance carrier they fly, have access to all members' designated business departure lounges. Guests are not permitted.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 2:31 am

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd revive an old discussion...

With Air New Zealand now in T1 of Heathrow, does anyone know what lounge a Koru Club member + Guest would use in London en route to HK? The Air NZ website no longer has a link on the "Heathrow" bit of the Intl Lounge directory.

Thanks!
AT
Old Jul 17, 2008, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
http://www.heathrowairport.com/asset...ap_01_2008.pdf

This is the official LHR link to a map of T1 - looks like Star Alliance CIP lounge is the one to use....but I didn't look too hard for ya...
Old Jul 17, 2008, 4:01 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
I would hazard a guess that you as Koru Club member will be able to gain access to the new *A lounge in T1. Not sure whether you could use a Koru Guest Pass there. Maybe one of the NZ gurus will be able to shed more light on it.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 4:35 pm

Location: Oz, Wales, Fiji. AirNZ Gold Elite, Virgin Australia Platinum, Qantas Gold, Hyatt and IHG Platinum.
Not sure how helpful this is, but I have seen a few Koru Club bag tags in the *A lounge (although of course the pax may have been travelling Biz) - if no answer by Thursday I'll check with the NZ lounge concierge as I pass through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.