Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

The New Ultimate Seating Thread, version deux

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New Ultimate Seating Thread, version deux

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2006, 12:46 pm

Wow...thanks for the quick reply. We'll be booking through a TA so she can walk us through things. Just thought of a couple more questions...

- How long should we allow for the connection between AKL and SYD? Don't want to be too rushed.

- What type of aircraft would do the AKL to SYD connection? Do they have Premium Economy?
Old Feb 22, 2006, 1:34 pm

Location: This is a personal account and my views and opinions DON'T represent those of my employer.
Originally Posted by WindFlyer
Any word on the 777s in C?

...we still have the mystery of the shaded seats.
The shaded seats aren't very mysterious really - they just illustrate 'preferred seating examples' for a couple and a parent with 2 children!
Old Feb 22, 2006, 3:51 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I am not sure what the minimum connection time is, but international to international connection at AKL is fairly painless. No need to clear immigration or customs. There is a security check to get back to departures.

Get your bags checked through from your origin. Assuming its on one ticket get your onward BP also - if not then get it at transfer desk (on upper level of the pier).

Unless inbound flight is late 30 minutes is plenty of time.

A/c for AKL to SYD is a mixture of 777 (so premium economy, avod, etc), 767 and A320.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 5:00 pm

Many thanks, Kiwi Flyer, for all your information. All my questions are answered so the next stop will be our TA. So looking forward to visiting Auz/NZ, just wish it wasn't a year away.
Lynn
Old Feb 23, 2006, 7:47 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Question 2 persons travelling together

If two persons travelling together (husband & wife) on NZ 1/2 (Thus, 744 aircraft), where do you suggest them to seat in C? 1 AK? Row 10-14 EF, which seems too me too crowded? Or just get seperate seats 3A and 4A for example?
Thank you in advance.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 10:58 pm

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by CGK
If two persons travelling together (husband & wife) on NZ 1/2 (Thus, 744 aircraft), where do you suggest them to seat in C? 1 AK? Row 10-14 EF, which seems too me too crowded? Or just get seperate seats 3A and 4A for example?
Thank you in advance.
On a trip last October, my wife & I were only able to sit in the centre section row 13. Very awkward to communicate as you are facing 90 degrees away and there's the high separation panel between seats. It appeared that those sitting on the side were able to communicate easier front to back. One thing that was very uncomfortable was during meal service. A person sat on the ottoman seat to join her partner for dinner in row 14. I think I could have had a very intimate conversation with her as she seemed so close.

I suspect that the forward cabin is more relaxed and less crowded than the second cabin. Our next NZ trip has us in row 1 which I understand is referred to as the honeymoon suite.

Hope this helps.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 9:28 am
CGK

Thank you. Will call NZ what they can be assigned. I see 1 AK are open. Should I ask for that? Or just go for 4A and 5A?
Old Feb 26, 2006, 8:30 am

Programs: NZ Elite, KrisFlyer, AC Aeroplan
Originally Posted by CGK
Thank you. Will call NZ what they can be assigned. I see 1 AK are open. Should I ask for that? Or just go for 4A and 5A?
Personally, I'd go for 1AK. I've flown in 1A, albeit not with a travelling companion, but it and 1K seemed the most "sociable" pair of seats available.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 10:34 am
CGK

Originally Posted by debh
Personally, I'd go for 1AK. I've flown in 1A, albeit not with a travelling companion, but it and 1K seemed the most "sociable" pair of seats available.
Thank you. Well will call NZ reservation now to get the seats assignment. And I believe 1A or 1K are not reserved for NZ top fliers right?
Old Feb 26, 2006, 1:55 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KrisFlyer, AC Aeroplan
Originally Posted by CGK
Thank you. Well will call NZ reservation now to get the seats assignment. And I believe 1A or 1K are not reserved for NZ top fliers right?
I'm afraid I can't answer that. Calling Kiwi Flyer.........!!
Old Feb 27, 2006, 6:57 pm
CGK

Originally Posted by debh
I'm afraid I can't answer that. Calling Kiwi Flyer.........!!
I got the answer for seat 1A 1K. Not reserved for any elite. Up for grabs by every one. I called NZ this morning to do seating for my friends. And she told me not to take the middle row 10-14, because it's not good for a couple. Then she said it's better 1A 1K which are available, or seats 4A 5A. She explained the 1A 1K benefits being side by side accross the aisle, but the location nearest to the closet might not be preferred by pax. She said the other seats on the nose of the plane are great for couples.
I was impressed with her knowledge of the seats map. ^
Old Mar 4, 2006, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Flat biz seats on NZ1?

Sorry, but I couldn't find this answered. Will NZ1 (LHR-LAX) have flat biz seats in May?

TIA
Old Mar 4, 2006, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
Sorry, but I couldn't find this answered. Will NZ1 (LHR-LAX) have flat biz seats in May?

TIA
Yep - it already has them now for every service.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 4:54 am

Programs: EBG/FlyingBlue Gold
[QUOTE=kiwibigdave]Not sure if this is going to be news here though I couldn't find mention of it via a search, but NZ now appears on seatguru I'm not sure since when, but I think very recently.

(snip)

Thanks for the info!

My wife and I are booked on NZ007 from SFO to AKL on April 5 and allocated seats 3A and B according to the tickets. Looking up the 777 on seatguru, I cannot see any B seats, and this worries me. I have tried to make our RTW journey as comfy as possible, and think I have managed flat beds on all long hauls, but am I up the creek on NZ, or is the ticketing wrong??
Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:19 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
777 NZ seatmap - 3 A & B are across the aisle from each other, both flat suites. Enjoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.