Wiki Posts
Search

NZ ETA approval still pending?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2023, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
NZ ETA approval still pending?

I'm seeing varying data points about this. My friend who booked the Air New Zealand ticket outbound was approved for the NZeta visa instantly, but the other person in her group is still pending despite applying at the same time. Does anyone know if the one who is still pending will be denied boarding?
Old Nov 19, 2023, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by secretflyer
I'm seeing varying data points about this. My friend who booked the Air New Zealand ticket outbound was approved for the NZeta visa instantly, but the other person in her group is still pending despite applying at the same time. Does anyone know if the one who is still pending will be denied boarding?
Any other data points from the same group? In terms of denied boarding, presumably that is assessed at the first point of check for the journey. Personally I'd be uncomfortable with attempting in the situation you've reported.

Is there a way to check status? Was it been acknowledged when lodged?
Old Nov 19, 2023, 5:00 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I'm not sure who you can check with. However, I did see one of those travel bloggers/influencers have the same issue a few months ago. Even though it was still pending they boarded the flight and entered NZ without issue.

Also, I think Immigration can take up to 72 hours to process for the majority of pax. If your friend is within this timeframe then it would be best to wait it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.