Search

Auto check in?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2023, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Auto check in?

Hi team,
I have a domestic flight tomorrow that has checked me in already. By itself. Is this something new?
I did not do any check in myself, as the ticket is fully flexi and I may wish to cancel tomorrow.
Thanks
WLGNZ
Old Nov 22, 2023, 1:00 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Are there other passengers on the booking? Others can choose to include you when they check in.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Originally Posted by jimmyah
Are there other passengers on the booking? Others can choose to include you when they check in.
No other passengers.
Just one of those weird experiences as normally you have to answer security questions while checking in.
I did have a second booking on the same route an hour and half later, to cover off being delayed getting to the airport. I wonder if that had anything to do with it?
For some reason the second flight, Flexirefund, could not be cancelled online either. Luckily got through on the phone after about 30 minutes waiting to cancel it.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 11:03 am

Programs: Air New Zealand
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
Hi team,
I have a domestic flight tomorrow that has checked me in already. By itself. Is this something new?
I did not do any check in myself, as the ticket is fully flexi and I may wish to cancel tomorrow.
Thanks
WLGNZ
Its been a long time since I worked for the Airline, so I could be wrong.

Quite a lot of delays/cancellations on the DOM network all week. I'd say the Load Controllers were looking at your Flight, trying to accommodate disrupted pax. That would involve checking each PNR, checking for any misconnects. I'm picking given your (assumed) status, travel history and Connecting Flights, they may have Checked you in (whether purposely or accidentally) to ensure you were not bumped or moved.

It's a rough guess - it's been nearly 10 years and things are a LOOOT different now. Load Controlling a A320 with loads of Connecting Pax and Status Holders is a lot different to dispatching 1900Ds and the odd DH8C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.