Wiki Posts
Search

Air NZ vs United Premium Economy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2023, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Air NZ vs United Premium Economy

Looking at booking AKL-LAX in January for 2 px in Premium Economy. Between Air NZ (777-300ER) and United (787-900), who is better overall, when factoring in hard and soft products (exclude cost).

Thanks!
Old Nov 12, 2023, 10:39 am

Programs: NZ *E
Definitely Air NZ on both counts — better hard product (more seat pitch) and miles better soft product.

In fact I would even say that the NZ PE soft product is better than what UA have in Polaris.

We grumble a lot around here about the state of Business Premier (the hard product in particular), but definitely they still lead the pack when it comes to premium economy
Purplelab likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 12:47 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by davidmsilver
Looking at booking AKL-LAX in January for 2 px in Premium Economy. Between Air NZ (777-300ER) and United (787-900), who is better overall, when factoring in hard and soft products (exclude cost).

Thanks!
No question about it - NZ all the way.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 1:10 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by davidmsilver

Thanks!
You need to scroll a long way down to find United.
https://samchui.com/2023/10/27/which...economy-seats/
Old Nov 12, 2023, 1:36 pm

Airnz PE over UA PE any day
Old Nov 13, 2023, 12:56 am

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
Having flown PE number of *A carriers this year AIRNZ is best all aspects.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 7:10 am

Programs: TK*G, QF G, NZ*GE, BA Silver
Overall Air NZ due to better pitch and wines, but i'd consider against cost. United PE decent and i personally find the seat more comfy with the shape of the back rest giving better lower back support and i slept well in it. The Chui review looks at stats like pitch to rate them, not comfort from actually sitting in it and trying them all. United PE food straight from Polaris so usually a steak option, and big portions. Both UA and NZ made by LGE in AKL, so same kitchen. Id consider against schedule and price and not rule UA out
Old Nov 18, 2023, 10:01 pm

On United PEY now, no pdb, bottled water or menus.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 5:15 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by raznz
On United PEY now, no pdb, bottled water or menus.
United didn't offer a pdb in their Polaris business class either when I flew them in March to London.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 12:08 pm

their dinner was fillet mignon vs spinach tortellini (so only two choices), all in one tray as expected, the dessert was literally a single cookie.
In fairness, the fillet was nice, and so was the sauce that came with it.

Will probably tell our TA to keep our NA-NZ flights to NZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.