Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Error adding flights to calendar from app

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2023, 11:15 pm
JNZ
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Elite

Anyone else having an error pop up for this, or anyone had this previously and fixed it?

Have done anything and everything I can think of in terms of signing out, redownloading, resetting calendar, etc.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 1:20 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
What sort of phone do you have? iOS or Android?
Old Oct 26, 2023, 3:42 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
I am having no issues on iOS.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 3:33 am

I have a similar problem. New booking, from the app I add the flight to calendar - it says that it has done so but it does not show up in my calendar (any of them).

It's always worked for me in the past (last time probably a month ago), but not now - and I've tried a few times.

I'm on an iPhone, IOS 17.1

Last edited by Conrad; Oct 29, 2023 at 3:42 am
Old Oct 29, 2023, 4:32 am
JNZ
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Conrad
I have a similar problem. New booking, from the app I add the flight to calendar - it says that it has done so but it does not show up in my calendar (any of them).

It's always worked for me in the past (last time probably a month ago), but not now - and I've tried a few times.

This is exactly how mine started out — then I deleted and reinstalled the app to try and fix this issue, and now get an actual error message when I try add flights to calendar. Also on iOS 17.1
Old Oct 29, 2023, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by Conrad

hmm got curious and tested this - same result for me iOS 17.0.3
Old Nov 6, 2023, 9:05 pm

Programs: NZ*G
I had this issue following an update to the Air NZ app. What fixed it for me was changing the calendar access settings from Full Access/Add Events Only, to None and then Full Access again.
raznz likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 9:13 pm

brilliant, thank you that fixed it for me
Old Nov 6, 2023, 11:34 pm
JNZ
Original Poster

Air NZ app no longer showing up for me in calendar access settings — so it’s trying to add events without even asking for permission. Have redownloaded again with no change. Hmmm
Old Nov 6, 2023, 11:41 pm

it's on the airnz app permissions
Old Nov 6, 2023, 11:45 pm
JNZ
Original Poster

Thanks but not showing there for me either (only have the four: Siri & Search, Notifications, Background App Refresh's, and Mobile Data). App clearly not requesting the permission — I think my mistake was the when I was in your position (said flights had been successfully added but they hadn’t been), I deleted and reinstalled. Now it’s stuck in some loop where it thinks it has asked permission but it hasn’t, and I can’t find any way to trigger it to ask (nothing in AirNZ app settings to tweak calendar integration)
Old Nov 7, 2023, 12:12 am

Programs: NZ*G
Originally Posted by JNZ
Thanks but not showing there for me either (only have the four: Siri & Search, Notifications, Background App Refresh's, and Mobile Data). App clearly not requesting the permission — I think my mistake was the when I was in your position (said flights had been successfully added but they hadn’t been), I deleted and reinstalled. Now it’s stuck in some loop where it thinks it has asked permission but it hasn’t, and I can’t find any way to trigger it to ask (nothing in AirNZ app settings to tweak calendar integration)
Just checked my Air NZ app settings and I see the calendar option that was under “Camera” has completely disappeared!
Old Nov 14, 2023, 4:48 pm
JNZ
Original Poster

FYI this bug was fixed today with the release of app version 4.3.2
Old Dec 6, 2023, 5:27 pm

Where did you change the settings, on the Airnz app or in the phone calendar settings for the phone itself, i can't see where to reset the settings from Full Access etc
Old Dec 6, 2023, 5:40 pm

Airnz app

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.