Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Cancellation and reroute - impact on Gold renewal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2023, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Silver

Hi,
This a bit of a tricky one to explain... I was recently booked from HAM-FRA-SIN-AKL on LH, SQ and NZ respectively. These flights were to take place just a day or two before my Gold anniversary date. The potential SP from these flights, combined with some of the 162 SP status points top up would have meant I retained Gold for another year.

However, my flight from HAM-FRA was cancelled and I was rebooked HAM-FRA-SIN-AKL ~24 hours later. These new flights were on LH,SQ and SQ metal respectively.
The new flights were a) lower SP earning (i.e. SQ vs NZ from SIN and I think HAM-FRA may have been bumped down from Y to T class which is non-earning) and b) credited after my anniversary date had ticked over, so I have been bumped down to Silver.

Is this going to be just bad luck for me? Or is there an avenue to get this rectified? I'm finding it quite a tricky issue to explain to customer service, so appreciate any advice on more efficient channels to sort it out.

Majfly
Old Dec 7, 2023, 2:17 am

contact NZ for an "Original Routing Credit"
Old Dec 7, 2023, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Silver
Thanks. Best to just go through 0800 Airpoints?
Old Dec 7, 2023, 2:28 am

potentially! otherwise [email protected]
Old Dec 7, 2023, 2:28 am

I just sent an email to the [tier]@airnz.co.nz and they forwarded it onto the Airpoints team to be corrected.

In my case had to call to get it further corrected as some SP ended up in the wrong year but they again just sent an email on my behalf.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.