FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancellation and reroute - impact on Gold renewal
Old Dec 7, 2023, 2:07 am
majfly

Programs: CO Silver
Cancellation and reroute - impact on Gold renewal

Hi,
This a bit of a tricky one to explain... I was recently booked from HAM-FRA-SIN-AKL on LH, SQ and NZ respectively. These flights were to take place just a day or two before my Gold anniversary date. The potential SP from these flights, combined with some of the 162 SP status points top up would have meant I retained Gold for another year.

However, my flight from HAM-FRA was cancelled and I was rebooked HAM-FRA-SIN-AKL ~24 hours later. These new flights were on LH,SQ and SQ metal respectively.
The new flights were a) lower SP earning (i.e. SQ vs NZ from SIN and I think HAM-FRA may have been bumped down from Y to T class which is non-earning) and b) credited after my anniversary date had ticked over, so I have been bumped down to Silver.

Is this going to be just bad luck for me? Or is there an avenue to get this rectified? I'm finding it quite a tricky issue to explain to customer service, so appreciate any advice on more efficient channels to sort it out.

Majfly