FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   Error adding flights to calendar from app (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/2139447-error-adding-flights-calendar-app.html)

JNZ Oct 25, 2023 11:15 pm

Error adding flights to calendar from app

Anyone else having an error pop up for this, or anyone had this previously and fixed it?

Have done anything and everything I can think of in terms of signing out, redownloading, resetting calendar, etc.

sbiddle Oct 26, 2023 1:20 pm

What sort of phone do you have? iOS or Android?

jimmyah Oct 26, 2023 3:42 pm

I am having no issues on iOS.

Conrad Oct 29, 2023 3:33 am

I have a similar problem. New booking, from the app I add the flight to calendar - it says that it has done so but it does not show up in my calendar (any of them).

It's always worked for me in the past (last time probably a month ago), but not now - and I've tried a few times.

I'm on an iPhone, IOS 17.1

JNZ Oct 29, 2023 4:32 am

Originally Posted by Conrad (Post 35702417)
I have a similar problem. New booking, from the app I add the flight to calendar - it says that it has done so but it does not show up in my calendar (any of them).

It's always worked for me in the past (last time probably a month ago), but not now - and I've tried a few times.

This is exactly how mine started out — then I deleted and reinstalled the app to try and fix this issue, and now get an actual error message when I try add flights to calendar. Also on iOS 17.1

raznz Oct 29, 2023 5:15 am

Originally Posted by Conrad (Post 35702417)

hmm got curious and tested this - same result for me iOS 17.0.3

NPCtom Nov 6, 2023 9:05 pm

I had this issue following an update to the Air NZ app. What fixed it for me was changing the calendar access settings from Full Access/Add Events Only, to None and then Full Access again.

raznz Nov 6, 2023 9:13 pm

brilliant, thank you that fixed it for me

JNZ Nov 6, 2023 11:34 pm

Air NZ app no longer showing up for me in calendar access settings — so it’s trying to add events without even asking for permission. Have redownloaded again with no change. Hmmm

raznz Nov 6, 2023 11:41 pm

it's on the airnz app permissions

JNZ Nov 6, 2023 11:45 pm

Thanks but not showing there for me either (only have the four: Siri & Search, Notifications, Background App Refresh's, and Mobile Data). App clearly not requesting the permission — I think my mistake was the when I was in your position (said flights had been successfully added but they hadn’t been), I deleted and reinstalled. Now it’s stuck in some loop where it thinks it has asked permission but it hasn’t, and I can’t find any way to trigger it to ask (nothing in AirNZ app settings to tweak calendar integration)

NPCtom Nov 7, 2023 12:12 am

Originally Posted by JNZ (Post 35725359)
Thanks but not showing there for me either (only have the four: Siri & Search, Notifications, Background App Refresh's, and Mobile Data). App clearly not requesting the permission — I think my mistake was the when I was in your position (said flights had been successfully added but they hadn’t been), I deleted and reinstalled. Now it’s stuck in some loop where it thinks it has asked permission but it hasn’t, and I can’t find any way to trigger it to ask (nothing in AirNZ app settings to tweak calendar integration)

Just checked my Air NZ app settings and I see the calendar option that was under “Camera” has completely disappeared!

JNZ Nov 14, 2023 4:48 pm

FYI this bug was fixed today with the release of app version 4.3.2

tonyt63 Dec 6, 2023 5:27 pm

Where did you change the settings, on the Airnz app or in the phone calendar settings for the phone itself, i can't see where to reset the settings from Full Access etc

raznz Dec 6, 2023 5:40 pm

Airnz app
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b6dc03eed.jpeg