Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection (777-300)

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2023, 12:33 pm

Programs: NZ *E
Originally Posted by tr3k
Seatguru seems to think these seats do not have bins (probably due to the crew area up there in the ceiling). Wrong information?
Kinda... at the front you'll get the overflow bags from the center seats (since above those two there are no bins)
tr3k likes this.
Old May 3, 2023, 2:00 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Seatguru seems to think these seats do not have bins (probably due to the crew area up there in the ceiling). Wrong information?
The crew rest area emergency exits are above the middle seats not the window seats.
Old May 4, 2023, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Sounds good, will keep 1K. Hope I don't get bitten by bedbugs like the last trip on NZ. Took weeks to clear up.
Old May 4, 2023, 3:44 pm

Programs: NZ *E
Sounds good, will keep 1K. Hope I don't get bitten by bedbugs like the last trip on NZ. Took weeks to clear up.
Bed bugs?!
Old May 4, 2023, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by samjnz
Bed bugs?!
There have been the odd media story about bed bugs over the years.. Mostly in warm & humid countries because it's impossible for them to live in low humidity environments like a plane under normal circumstances.
Old May 4, 2023, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
There have been the odd media story about bed bugs over the years.. Mostly in warm & humid countries because it's impossible for them to live in low humidity environments like a plane under normal circumstances.
Do the long life insecticides which are required for flights to NZ also get them?
Old May 4, 2023, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by nzkarit
Do the long life insecticides which are required for flights to NZ also get them?
A quick Google search shows the sprays are primary 2% permethrin as the active ingredient, and yes that it is affective against bed bugs.
Old May 5, 2023, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by samjnz
Bed bugs?!
Yes, my one and only flight on NZ so far (in the same "barn stall" J). There was a ton of trash (mostly food remnants) in every crevice of my seat(s - I tried 2 different ones, as the flight was not very full, both equally dirty), and I ended up being severely bitten by bed bugs. Never seen anything like that before or since with any airline, but I am hoping that was a fluke somehow.

P.S. The crew was friendly. However my trip to Japan was def. spoiled.

I took a few photos - mostly of the cabin and the food (looks ok, don't remember much) but also one of the seat side area, attaching here.

Alertalias likes this.

Last edited by tr3k; May 5, 2023 at 2:00 am Reason: Found a photo
Old May 31, 2023, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Ok, so one flight down. Don't think there were bed bugs this time (although the seat was still pretty dirty). Food was good, crew tried hard to be friendly, as previously.

As an added bonus to the barn stall design (something I did not realize the last time), neighbor's feet are right next to the table, adding a kind of a special aroma to the meal (see photos). Might change my seat to the last row for the next flight just to avoid that.

Alertalias likes this.
Old May 31, 2023, 8:41 pm

Aren’t you glad they put on the complimentary socks lol
Old May 31, 2023, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raznz
Aren’t you glad they put on the complimentary socks lol
Yes, but not everyone partakes as I noticed :/ There were a few bare feet in the mix.
Alertalias likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Yes, but not everyone partakes as I noticed :/ There were a few bare feet in the mix.
Bare feet are the worst - here is a SkyCouch occupant (1 pax for the 3 seats) YVR-AKL Oct last year.

Old Jun 1, 2023, 12:55 am

Oh gosh, imagine being in seat D next to those

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.