Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Points bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2023, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
Ah well that's probably why Air NZ did this then. What melt down did Qantas have?
During school holidays lots of cancellations, delays and baggage. Jetstar had better on time performance.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 2:17 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by nzkarit
\Jetstar had better on time performance.
More condemning words have never been spoken.
shillard, smeags_nz and Markhm like this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 9:55 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Rebound
Emirates emailed me in December extending my GOLD for another year till March-24 - but not my points.
I got an extension for a year as well plus a discounted rate to extend my points.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by WLG Base
I got an extension for a year as well plus a discounted rate to extend my points.
TG provided me a 2 year renewal of my TG*G to Dec 2024, which includes 1 x guaranteed return upgrade of a Q economy fare providing J class is available.

I could buy SYD-BKK-LHR return and apply this upgrade to all 4 sectors. Oh, they preserved my previous unused one - so I have 2 of these.
Markhm likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 11:50 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Suddenly Air NZ doesn't seem quite so generous
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 12:03 am

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
"screaming face shock" emoji
"crying face" emoji !!
Old Jan 15, 2023, 12:23 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by WLG Base
The discounted rate was 50% - hardly worth it.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 8:13 pm

Programs: Airpoints, Qantas, KrisFlyer, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Your won't get bonus points now the scheme doesn't start until the 1st Feb.

My anniversary date is also Jan. Your should still have a banked year remaining which will kick so theoretically speaking you will not need to earn the usual number of points this year and if your are short this time next year they'll give you 270SP.
I'd like your advice re your understanding of the potential top up when one has a number of elite banked years. Like you, my anniversary was earlier in January so from February I start accruing status points and could potentially benefit from the [up to] 270 bonus. However, as I hold banked years, this [20%] support is not seemingly given…

"In the case where an Elite member is holding an Elite Banked Year this will be used to retain Elite status for a further year."

If banked years were not taken into account, I would direct more discretionary travel NZ's way and capture the 20% support.

Counterintuitively, this Air New Zealand support initiative strengthens my resolve to use QF where feasible so as to keep at least OneWorld gold as I eat up the [NZ] banked years.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by paintini
I'd like your advice re your understanding of the potential top up when one has a number of elite banked years. Like you, my anniversary was earlier in January so from February I start accruing status points and could potentially benefit from the [up to] 270 bonus. However, as I hold banked years, this [20%] support is not seemingly given…

"In the case where an Elite member is holding an Elite Banked Year this will be used to retain Elite status for a further year."

If banked years were not taken into account, I would direct more discretionary travel NZ's way and capture the 20% support.

Counterintuitively, this Air New Zealand support initiative strengthens my resolve to use QF where feasible so as to keep at least OneWorld gold as I eat up the [NZ] banked years.
Though you will get a 270 boost on day one of your next year if qual or use a banked year. Well my understanding. So you will still get those points.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:12 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Emirates Skywards Gold, Priority Guest Rewards Platinum
Can this top up be used to upgrade from say Gold to Elite?
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by sonyxperiageek
Can this top up be used to upgrade from say Gold to Elite?
No only to retain status. And a bonus for the subsequent year of retain.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:44 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Emirates Skywards Gold, Priority Guest Rewards Platinum
Originally Posted by nzkarit
No only to retain status. And a bonus for the subsequent year of retain.
Ah so this would be no use to me basically, as someone who has already retained gold until 2024 and need 51 SP to upgrade to Elite.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by sonyxperiageek
Ah so this would be no use to me basically, as someone who has already retained gold until 2024 and need 51 SP to upgrade to Elite.
Will start next good year with bonus. Which may help you earn Elite next year
Old Feb 1, 2023, 10:28 pm

Programs: Air Newzealand
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Beano
so only 540 Airnz SP needed ?
Still unsure whether this is correct? To keep GE need 1350, 810 must be earned on Air New Zealand operated flights( rest 540 by Credit card), with the bonus 270 points, so eventually only 540 points are required to be earned on Air New Zealand operated flights?
Old Feb 1, 2023, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by Flysheep
Still unsure whether this is correct? To keep GE need 1350, 810 must be earned on Air New Zealand operated flights( rest 540 by Credit card), with the bonus 270 points, so eventually only 540 points are required to be earned on Air New Zealand operated flights?
Yes to retain Elite. The 810 is 270 bonus + 540 (AirNZ metal, status boost and handful of joint ventures). Then remaining from *A and CC and carry over
Thai-Kiwi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.