Wiki Posts
Search

Status Points bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2023, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ
Status Points bonus

I assume most of you would have received an email from AirNZ talking about their status point bonus program.

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/freq...tus-assistance

Any idea if the bonus 270 points (either as a bonus or as a head start for next year) are counted as "flying on nz metal" points?
cavemanzk, trooper and Beano like this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 9:39 pm

Programs: NZ*GE
Just been reading the link in their email and it says (my bold)

“This bonus will be credited as Air New Zealand Status Points into the member's account at the start of the next membership year (after their review date).”
Old Jan 10, 2023, 9:52 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I've literally just spend the last 30 mins reading emails and the website and the only thing I've gained is confusion. The silver email (not mine) just seems awfully confusing.

codyc1515 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 10:12 pm

Yes it is confusing.

It would be nice if could be used to top up to a banked year rather than just retain or top up next period. By my calculation of forward bookings 270 would be very nice help towards the banked year.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I made GE in late Oct 2022. My reading is that if I fail to meet the 1350 SP needed by late Oct this year, then NZ will provide up to 270 to assist me to requalify - effectively meaning I ‘only’ need 1080 for requalification.
brucelee likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I made GE in late Oct 2022. My reading is that if I fail to meet the 1350 SP needed by late Oct this year, then NZ will provide up to 270 to assist me to requalify - effectively meaning I ‘only’ need 1080 for requalification.
That is my reading of it.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 12:31 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Are the head start points able to be stacked with carryover points? I have already requalified but interested in understanding if I should aim to bank another year or carrover a swag of SPs into next year and bank a year next year.
MaestroNZ likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 12:57 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
I had purposefully purchased a much more expensive airfare so I would retain my status, and then a day later, they give me 270 SP. I could have saved money - ah well!
Old Jan 11, 2023, 1:33 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Airnz Status Points required in the pending year

Originally Posted by flykiwifly
Just been reading the link in their email and it says (my bold)

“This bonus will be credited as Air New Zealand Status Points into the member's account at the start of the next membership year (after their review date).”
so only 540 Airnz SP needed ?
Old Jan 11, 2023, 2:24 am

Does the date of a membership year get reset when changing tier?

In this scenario - currently Silver, renewal date August, already have enough SP to renew Silver. Will (assuming totals are calculated daily) hit the required SP for Gold this month (e.g. 20 Jan 2023) - and I assumed that would reset the membership year (August to Jan).

If that is the case then from my interpretation of the new bonus/top up programme, which covers from 1 Feb 2023, the above would be in the Gold scenario, and depending on flying could be eligible for either the bonus or the top up, reviewed on the 20 Jan 2024 date. Does that make sense?
Old Jan 11, 2023, 2:43 am

Programs: Air NZ G.E, Le Accor Platinum
Can someone please advise my Tier Year finishes 15 January 2023 being GE I am 263 points short does this mean I will not qualify for the points bonus until my next flying year?
Old Jan 11, 2023, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by BlondePatty
Can someone please advise my Tier Year finishes 15 January 2023 being GE I am 263 points short does this mean I will not qualify for the points bonus until my next flying year?
Correct, though you should have got a bank year Feb or Mar 2022 to cover the Jan 23 renewal.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by ukflyer1
Does the date of a membership year get reset when changing tier?

In this scenario - currently Silver, renewal date August, already have enough SP to renew Silver. Will (assuming totals are calculated daily) hit the required SP for Gold this month (e.g. 20 Jan 2023) - and I assumed that would reset the membership year (August to Jan).

If that is the case then from my interpretation of the new bonus/top up programme, which covers from 1 Feb 2023, the above would be in the Gold scenario, and depending on flying could be eligible for either the bonus or the top up, reviewed on the 20 Jan 2024 date. Does that make sense?
Yes your renewal date will switch.

Though so long as the just look at renewal date not benefits date, think you will luck out. As given second half of Jan quite possibly your benefit from over will be end of of Feb.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 2:52 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by BlondePatty
Your won't get bonus points now the scheme doesn't start until the 1st Feb.

My anniversary date is also Jan. Your should still have a banked year remaining which will kick so theoretically speaking you will not need to earn the usual number of points this year and if your are short this time next year they'll give you 270SP.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 8:43 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Markhm
Are the head start points able to be stacked with carryover points? I have already requalified but interested in understanding if I should aim to bank another year or carrover a swag of SPs into next year and bank a year next year.
My question as well.
Having just re-read the guidelines, this is not addressed, pretty much all other scenarios are.
I am going to ASSume that we will get both Status Bonus and Roll Over Status Points.

The Status Boost rules clearly state that you will not get Status Points over and above what you need.
The Status Bonus rules do not mention a disqualification of Roll Over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.