Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long hold when calling

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2024, 11:02 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E
Originally Posted by SqKiwi
NZ 105 cancelled tomorrow. I'm an Elite traveling in paid J. Bumped to the 13th, currently 25 minutes on hold and counting. Of course 5 minutes of the 25 is the new authentication and form.
its ugly.
I remember when Elites used to clearly receive proactive priority in the case of irregular operations. Having had a handful of cancelations since covid, it feels very very different now; either wait 5 hours for a call, or play ‘fastest finger first’ with everyone else on the flight to select another option online - if the ‘text of dread’ actually contains a link that allows you to select an alternative in the first place.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:17 am

Programs: Airpoints Elite
Called on Sunday afternoon (to cancel 2x RUs I had lodged for an upcoming transtasman flight, to instead put them towards an earlier UK trip I had booked on Sunday morning).

Waited about 10 mins on the phone, got sick of the music and requested a callback. Had that within 10 minutes of having ended the first call.

Agent was helpful enough although very hard to understand. I also note that somehow I was able to use 2x RUs on the website immediately after the call (one approved immediately, one pending review) but my old TT RU request is still showing as pending as well - presumably that will disappear at some point?
Old Mar 11, 2024, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Sucks to me me…

Eventually answered by a CSR who seemed ‘new’

Old Mar 11, 2024, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Duplicate
Old Mar 11, 2024, 3:29 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Was an hour last week, to get a simple question answered, but only a couple of minutes the week before (flight change due to cancellation).
I think the phone system is completely broken, and every "improvement" only makes it worse.
It is a very sad day/bad look when an Elite is sitting on the phone for an hour waiting for it to be answered. Loyalty works both ways, and this shows a lack of appreciation for their most valuable/loyal customers.
It's also bad for business.
It is way past time that they establish an Elite dedicated number, which is answered quickly by experienced staff.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 3:39 pm

yea last week was pretty bad for me too

1st attempt: 12am NZT - eventually gave up after 56mins on hold, no call back offered
2nd attempt: 4pm NZT - 5mins on hold, offered call back which happened 47mins later. Also slightly annoying cos after chatting for 30mins they said they couldn't do anything and try call back in an hour
3rd attempt: 6pm NZT - a bit better, only on hold for 6mins.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by edmm
It is way past time that they establish an Elite dedicated number, which is answered quickly by experienced staff.
By recognising the phone number thought they were already running a bucketed queue? Thought the issue was more institutional knowledge no longer there. That is hard to solve without time and people staying in the job.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nzkarit
By recognising the phone number thought they were already running a bucketed queue? Thought the issue was more institutional knowledge no longer there. That is hard to solve without time and people staying in the job.
My mobile is apparently associated with 2 Airpoints accounts, probably a legacy of when kids were at home. Of course they won’t tell me who the other account actually is. That might be a part of my issues….
Old Mar 11, 2024, 4:44 pm

Programs: QF Plat (OWE)/NZ Gold (*G)
the call centre has been very variable lately. I had to cancel an A class booking to ORD (before the current cancellation announcement) and was hoping to convert it to a credit voucher which was allowed in the fare rules

call 1 confirmed that I could do this but recommended that I credit it closer to time due to 1 year availability

call 2 to voucher turned into a huge argument. the agent kept insisting I couldn't voucher and if I wanted to book another trip I needed to do it then and there or I would lose it. also wanted to charge a number of phone fees. I had the fare rules with me and got into a circular argument and eventually told him I wasn't interested

call 3 the same evening, lovely agent, immediately vouchered for me with no issues

you would think there was a chance to get slight more capable agents as an elite...but no
Thai-Kiwi and jimmyah like this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NZJuniorDoc
the call centre has been very variable lately. I had to cancel an A class booking to ORD (before the current cancellation announcement) and was hoping to convert it to a credit voucher which was allowed in the fare rules

call 1 confirmed that I could do this but recommended that I credit it closer to time due to 1 year availability

call 2 to voucher turned into a huge argument. the agent kept insisting I couldn't voucher and if I wanted to book another trip I needed to do it then and there or I would lose it. also wanted to charge a number of phone fees. I had the fare rules with me and got into a circular argument and eventually told him I wasn't interested

call 3 the same evening, lovely agent, immediately vouchered for me with no issues

you would think there was a chance to get slight more capable agents as an elite...but no
You might consider emailing your experience to Chief Customer Officer [email protected] ….

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.