Wiki Posts
Search

RIP savouries in the CHC lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2024, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*S, IHG D
Unhappy RIP savouries in the CHC lounge

Discovered today that the CHC lounge no longer serves savouries/party pies in between lunch and dinner.
Apparently it was because too many people complained they were too hot so the decided to stop serving them. Well people would complain if they were cold, wouldn't they?
Ironically, the lounge staff said they're still being served in CHC regional lounge... guess those travelling to the regions have hardened mouths to handle the mince lava.
Sad state of affairs with Air NZ cost cutting - so long, farewell to the popular mid afternoon savoury :-(
Old Mar 11, 2024, 10:37 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Talking

Originally Posted by c3rn
Discovered today that the CHC lounge no longer serves savouries/party pies in between lunch and dinner.
Apparently it was because too many people complained they were too hot so the decided to stop serving them. Well people would complain if they were cold, wouldn't they?
Ironically, the lounge staff said they're still being served in CHC regional lounge... guess those travelling to the regions have hardened mouths to handle the mince lava.
Sad state of affairs with Air NZ cost cutting - so long, farewell to the popular mid afternoon savoury :-(
Its not "cost cutting" its an "enhancement"
Old Mar 12, 2024, 12:29 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
Its not "cost cutting" its an "enhancement"
Surely the oversized bit of cheese in Koru Hour is about to get a "enhancement"
Old Mar 12, 2024, 1:23 am

Programs: Air NZ Gold
No reason to go to Christchurch anymore lol.

I was on a flight today and realised it was still Cookie and Corn chips mid flight, have the new snacks that came with such fanfare not been brought online yet?
Old Mar 12, 2024, 1:55 am

I actually burnt myself one time when it was molten hot, the savouries are sometimes better than the dinner though.

Originally Posted by Johnnynz

I was on a flight today and realised it was still Cookie and Corn chips mid flight, have the new snacks that came with such fanfare not been brought online yet?
I've been flying Christchurch to Dunedin and no new snacks, but had them on other routes.

I had beetroot crackers, and a half sugar wafer - both were kinda bad.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*S, IHG D
Originally Posted by rtv4
I actually burnt myself one time when it was molten hot, the savouries are sometimes better than the dinner though.
Do I blame you for the its cancellation? 🤣
Old Mar 12, 2024, 9:44 am

Programs: NZ Silver, NZ Koru, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by rtv4
Always blow on the pie. Safer communities together.
debh and c3rn like this.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Johnnynz

I had lemon meringue popcorn the other day, the number one ingredient was sugar!
Old Mar 12, 2024, 1:42 pm

Programs: Airpoints Elite
Thanks for ruining my week. I've never liked the dinners much, but a potato top or two washed down with a can of Coca Cola's finest low-calorie beverage would hit the spot for this simple man. Gutted.

What's next? Getting rid of the cheese as it's too hard to cut and just leaving the crackers?

Edit: Now you mention it, there were no savouries in the Dunedin lounge yesterday either.

Last edited by samjaynz; Mar 12, 2024 at 2:52 pm
Old Mar 12, 2024, 2:49 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Savouries were always the highlight of the Palmerston North lounge, but they have been replaced with "more substantial" offerings.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 1:53 am

Programs: NZ ELT, QR SIL
That explains why the savories have recently disappeared from my home port Invercargill lounge. The new hot option was white rice and that stew-slop they like to serve.
c3rn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.