Wiki Posts
Search

Rollover on Gold?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2024, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold
Rollover on Gold?

I'm about to reach enough SP for Gold and still a number of months from the anniversary. I don't think I'll reach Elite either.

So what happens to the additional SP that I earned on the current year? Do I just lose them? I know with Elite they can rollover.

Could it also be good idea to fly Qantas once I've hit the cap and work on their program?
Old Mar 12, 2024, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by bottlebug
I'm about to reach enough SP for Gold and still a number of months from the anniversary. I don't think I'll reach Elite either.

So what happens to the additional SP that I earned on the current year? Do I just lose them? I know with Elite they can rollover.

Could it also be good idea to fly Qantas once I've hit the cap and work on their program?
Yep they will be lost.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 4:29 pm

Just so I'm clear, I think my situation is similar to OP. I'm currently Gold and my next anniversary to retain Gold is June this year. My next flight in April will tick me over easily to retain Gold. I also don't think I'll ever hit Elite either. Does that mean that all my booked Air NZ flights from April - June this year will be essentially wasted SPs...? Or will my Gold anniversary date change as soon as I retain Gold next month?
Old Mar 12, 2024, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by flyer94
Just so I'm clear, I think my situation is similar to OP. I'm currently Gold and my next anniversary to retain Gold is June this year. My next flight in April will tick me over easily to retain Gold. I also don't think I'll ever hit Elite either. Does that mean that all my booked Air NZ flights from April - June this year will be essentially wasted SPs...? Or will my Gold anniversary date change as soon as I retain Gold next month?
They’ll be wasted SPs. You anniversary date will only change if you make Elite.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you have flights planned/booked between Apr-Jun, what is the shortfall to make Elite? It might be easier to make Elite than you think by adding in a SP run….

Alternatively accrue those flights to another program ifthat is of interest. And of course you’d still earn $APs as well, no not a total loss.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
If you have flights planned/booked between Apr-Jun, what is the shortfall to make Elite? It might be easier to make Elite than you think by adding in a SP run….

Alternatively accrue those flights to another program ifthat is of interest. And of course you’d still earn $APs as well, no not a total loss.
With all the SP that will also disappear from April - June, there is a shortfall of around 250SP to get to Elite.... which will have to be a long-haul SP run... which probably won't happen (sigh)
Old Mar 13, 2024, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With all the SP that will also disappear from April - June, there is a shortfall of around 250SP to get to Elite.... which will have to be a long-haul SP run... which probably won't happen (sigh)
This be done domestically in 2 days for $1700.
Murihiku likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
This be done domestically in 2 days for $1700.
I'll have to toss up whether it's worth it for $1,700. However, if I do decide, what routes are bang for buck? Full fare AKL-WLG? AKL-ZQN?
Old Mar 13, 2024, 2:11 am

Programs: NZ ELT, QR SIL
That sounds like two days of glamorous flying TK!
Old Mar 13, 2024, 4:13 am

250 SP in 2 days??
Old Mar 13, 2024, 4:20 am

I'll have to toss up whether it's worth it for $1,700. However, if I do decide, what routes are bang for buck? Full fare AKL-WLG? AKL-ZQN?
WLG to NPE/TRG/NPL via AKL is roughly $832 return and should give around 124SP if bought on flexirefund.

If you're AKL based, it will be a bit more expensive, but something like Auckland to HKK via CHC

if you're CHC based, similar to the WLG route, target NPE/TRG/NPL via AKL
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 40love
250 SP in 2 days??
Easy, see above 😎. WLG-AKL-NPL return on Saturday then again on a Sunday is a well trodden route for a couple of FTers here.

One just needs to carefully consider if the benefits are worth it - and that is very subjective.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.