Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

When will domestic cabin service resume?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When will domestic cabin service resume?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Hot drink onboard

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Flying NZ today (WLG-AKL) there policy seems to contradict it self.

- Lounges, nothing has changed same old.
- Lounges will still make you an take away coffee to take on board.
- Yes you can take an coffee on board still and drink it.
- 2 of the 4 flight attendants did not have there N95s on right leaving holes wide open. There isn’t much point wearing an dual strap N95, if your only going to use an single strap leaving an nice air gap.
I seriously hope if they are going to require crew to use that type of masks on domestic they are going to get proper training.
- Handing out the snack on leaving the aircraft, slows the de boarding process down.
I noticed that the planes are not cleaned between flights as my used cup joined another used cup that was left in the back of the chair (2c) WLG-AKL 1-1-21
Old Jan 2, 2022, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Beano
I noticed that the planes are not cleaned between flights as my used cup joined another used cup that was left in the back of the chair (2c) WLG-AKL 1-1-21
Not sure the last time a domestic flight was cleaned between flights (during the day). They only take get cleaned at night. They only get a quick walk through for anything obvious between flights.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 12:21 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Not sure the last time a domestic flight was cleaned between flights (during the day). They only take get cleaned at night. They only get a quick walk through for anything obvious between flights.
Yeah during the day they often just get an quick walk through with an stick vac if there is time. The short lived pop corn snack for the last couple of weeks proved, how little cleaning was done.

I do wonder how often the domestic a320s get decent clean at night. The last couple of domestic a320s I’ve been on have been pretty dirty.

The International a320/321N seem to be in much better condition (maybe that they are newer too?) but assuming they have to go through an deep clean after doing an Tasman run before they go onto domestic.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Yeah during the day they often just get an quick walk through with an stick vac if there is time. The short lived pop corn snack for the last couple of weeks proved, how little cleaning was done.

I do wonder how often the domestic a320s get decent clean at night. The last couple of domestic a320s I’ve been on have been pretty dirty.

The International a320/321N seem to be in much better condition (maybe that they are newer too?) but assuming they have to go through an deep clean after doing an Tasman run before they go onto domestic.
Newer
Plus international have a longer turn time which includes a clean& time to change galley carts out etc.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 7:00 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Domestic jets get a full cleaning crew onboard for just about every turnaround.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.