Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

When will domestic cabin service resume?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When will domestic cabin service resume?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2021, 10:17 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
https://i.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/12...rotection-tool

Well that didn’t last long, onboard service is gone again from the 1st Jan.

Yet I assume, I’ll see be able to take my mask off in the lounge to eat… seems like an over reaction.

The covid standards in the lounges begs allot of questions if they are doing this onboard. The self service, the put your hands in shared blow of knifes and forks etc, 90% of the lounge no wearing masks.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
https://i.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/12...rotection-tool

Well that didn’t last long, onboard service is gone again from the 1st Jan.

Yet I assume, I’ll see be able to take my mask off in the lounge to eat… seems like an over reaction.

The covid standards in the lounges begs allot of questions if they are doing this onboard. The self service, the put your hands in shared blow of knifes and forks etc, 90% of the lounge no wearing masks.
Cost savings masquerading as a health measure. Ridiculous
Old Dec 31, 2021, 12:17 pm

NZ seems to be having an covid freak out, post that flight attendant testing positive. All the staff now seem to be wearing N95 masks on domestic flights….

I would assumed that crew on the Tasman were using N95s, but maybe not.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Crew have all been wearing P2 masks since August, they only moved back to surgical on the 15th Dec. Even all ground staff were wearing them for quite a while.

You'd assume the changes back is in line with scrapping F&B and accepting the reality of large scale CT of Omicron very soon.

​​​​​
Old Dec 31, 2021, 12:37 pm

Programs: NZ *G
My family flew on Thursday and my wife commented how crazy it was that (1) there was no social distancing (by removing seats) in the Koru lounge and (2) people could take off their masks on board for 10-20 minutes or more while eating and drinking.

The new plan to offer snacks while disembarking seems bad - who will want one? It would be better to simply do away with snacks for now (if Air NZ considers it necessary to stop the usual food service), but I wonder if they have issues with stock and best before dates?
Old Dec 31, 2021, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by gratn
It would be better to simply do away with snacks for now (if Air NZ considers it necessary to stop the usual food service), but I wonder if they have issues with stock and best before dates?
I was surprised when I received a $9 voucher from JQ for the absence of a snack/drink - I was a ‘Max Bundle’ customer which includes a snack. NZ’s model is different of course.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 3:19 pm

My family flew on Thursday and my wife commented how crazy it was that (1) there was no social distancing (by removing seats) in the Koru lounge and (2) people could take off their masks on board for 10-20 minutes or more while eating and drinking.

s?
Airline lounges are apparently exempt from capacity limits under the protection frame work even if there in an red zone.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 5:48 pm

Why should Koru be subject to rules that no other F&B outlet in the country would have to abide by?

Mask use in Koru and the signs requiring mask wearing when up and about is also far stricter than what is happening at most other bars and restaurants, particularly those in Auckland where mask use once you walk in the door is non existent in my experience.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Why should Koru be subject to rules that no other F&B outlet in the country would have to abide by?

Mask use in Koru and the signs requiring mask wearing when up and about is also far stricter than what is happening at most other bars and restaurants, particularly those in Auckland where mask use once you walk in the door is non existent in my experience.
Suppose the difference is Koru & other airport food facilities are not required to check vaccine passes, like other hospitality venues.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by nzkarit
Suppose the difference is Koru & other airport food facilities are not required to check vaccine passes, like other hospitality venues.
Not that being vaccinated means anything when it comes to catching and spreading Covid.. But you do have to be vaccinated or have a negative test to be in Koru so it's no different from a restaurant or bar operating under a vaccine pass system.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Snipped. Info provided below.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Jan 1, 2022 at 2:22 am
Old Jan 1, 2022, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
It is quite different - F&B operating under ‘Covid Protection Framework’ aka TL system ( in Orange) excludes non-vaxxed people:

If a hospitality venue chooses to follow My Vaccine Pass requirements, only people with a My Vaccine Pass are allowed to be there.”

How can Koru operate under the TL system and allow un-vaxxed people? Is it operating under a special exemption?
It is operating as a food provider at an airport. Just like the other food establishments don't need a vaccine pass.
Airports as a whole are treated differently.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is operating as a food provider at an airport. Just like the other food establishments don't need a vaccine pass.
Thanks for that info. Shows how often I use the ‘other food providers’, especially recently.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 10:42 am

But Koru is slightly different to the airport as a whole though, since you can't enter Koru without proof of vaccination or a negative test since that is a requirement to fly on Air NZ.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 11:39 pm

Flying NZ today (WLG-AKL) there policy seems to contradict it self.

- Lounges, nothing has changed same old.
- Lounges will still make you an take away coffee to take on board.
- Yes you can take an coffee on board still and drink it.
- 2 of the 4 flight attendants did not have there N95s on right leaving holes wide open. There isn’t much point wearing an dual strap N95, if your only going to use an single strap leaving an nice air gap.
I seriously hope if they are going to require crew to use that type of masks on domestic they are going to get proper training.
- Handing out the snack on leaving the aircraft, slows the de boarding process down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.