Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

When will domestic cabin service resume?

Old Dec 12, 2021, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum

Took my first flight today since the traffic lights in place and assumed that they would be back to the world class service standard of a cookie and cup of tea, but no, still have to ring the call bell for a glass of water. Now that we are in the traffic light and vax passes being used surely they can reopen some kind of service? I know Koru hour is probably asking too much.

Or perhaps its another "enhancement"

Anyone know the deal?
Old Dec 12, 2021, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
From 14 Dec when NZ’s vax pass or neg test requirement commences? I don’t know…
Old Dec 12, 2021, 9:13 pm

Tomorrow, 14 December. The new F&B offering launches at the same time. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/ai...3IQHYJ2M4OZAI/ (scroll down and see point 6.)
Old Dec 16, 2021, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Top of climb
Tomorrow, 14 December. The new F&B offering launches at the same time. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/ai...3IQHYJ2M4OZAI/ (scroll down and see point 6.)
what is the new offering exactly? My WEL-CHC jet flight yesterday seemed same except they offered a small bag of popcorn. Is that the extent of the new offering: Popcorn?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:14 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
what is the new offering exactly? My WEL-CHC jet flight yesterday seemed same except they offered a small bag of popcorn. Is that the extent of the new offering: Popcorn?
Yes it seems to be an small bag of pop-corn... on AKL-ZQN last night it was cheese and cracker (fruit paste has been added, and the size of cheese has increased), Corn Chips or Pop Corn.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:17 pm

Its meant to rotate; popcorn, chocolate, muesli bars and apparently more time-appropriate snacks.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:27 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Flew my first post-lockdown regional flight so got the tea and plant-based cookie. Took 40 minutes before the crew decide to get the coffee pots out - rolled out the rubbish cart as the cockpit pinged the final descent bell. I
I think they have got used to sitting at the back having a good long chat, with the pax told to sit still masked - you hear it all in row 17. What I don't know about crew politics isn't worth knowing. We might be wearing masks but it doesn't make us deaf.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 10:27 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I hope they're actually going to employ cleaners now with the popcorn that'll be everywhere..
smeags_nz and Blackcloud like this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
I hope they're actually going to employ cleaners now with the popcorn that'll be everywhere..
When they try turn an A321NEO around in 40minutes on domestic, that is hardly going to happen.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 1:00 am

I would love to know what there per unit price is on the cheese and crackers. It must be pretty good, otherwise you would think they would just be using pre packed Dairyworks or Mainland product (as the airlines do in Australia for there cheese and cracker snack options).

I dont get why its only limited to one the a320/321 services, and two only for week day PM services.

Surely the cheese and crackers could make there way onto all service after mid-day including the props.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
I would love to know what there per unit price is on the cheese and crackers. It must be pretty good, otherwise you would think they would just be using pre packed Dairyworks or Mainland product (as the airlines do in Australia for there cheese and cracker snack options).

I don’t get why it’s only limited to one the a320/321 services, and two only for week day PM services.

Surely the cheese and crackers could make there way onto all service after mid-day including the props.
Do the Turbo Props have a fridge? Like the A320/1s

Also the Cheese and Crackers are less densely packed than the other food so if did more services would need more galley cart changes which eat into the turnaround time.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 9:33 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Do the Turbo Props have a fridge?
No they dont. The Galleys are pretty basic on the TPs.

Nothing like a little pottle of hot UHT milk and a melted Choc Chip Bikkie when the plane has been sitting for a while in the summer.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by HighFlyingKiwi
No they dont. The Galleys are pretty basic on the TPs.

Nothing like a little pottle of hot UHT milk and a melted Choc Chip Bikkie when the plane has been sitting for a while in the summer.
The A321/320's don't have fridges either, they just have an galley compartment with an air event that circulates cool air around the galley carts when the door is closed.

If they wanted todo it, they could find an way e.g. an cooler bag.
Most primary regional ports have the ability to restock the aircraft with basic catering supplies e.g. NSN, TRG, NPE etc you see them taking out replacement coffee pots on there golf buggies.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Is Koru Hour back?
Old Dec 19, 2021, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by oranjemakker
Is Koru Hour back?
It was on Thursday last week on AKL-ZQN.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.