Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NZ Status Match Promo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2021, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Anyone get upgraded to full Gold yet? or are they waiting until the 4month review?

I've just gone over the 100SP already, so wonder if they review it as soon as you hit 100SP?
I completed the 100 SP requirement after the first week of May. After a few days, they gave me the upgrades, but then two days later, they took them back. I am still showing that I need SP to upgrade to Full Gold, so it seems they are waiting to do a review en masse at the end of July.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
Anyone else just get reviewed early, I just got my reviewed early as I had already meet the 100SP. Also because of the Tasman Bubble closure, they are now giving an full 12month membership rather than the 8 months that was orginally planned.

Note - doesn't look like any SP you earn above the 100SP count towards your renewal, I'm back to 0 with 810 to renew.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 12:44 am

Quick question - for any of you that met the 100 SP and got upgraded to full gold already, did you guys get the full Gold pack mailed out to you with the card/bag tags, etc? Will these be mailed out to us if we qualify for full Gold? I don't think the T&Cs mentioned anything about this...

Last edited by flyer94; Sep 8, 2021 at 1:20 am
Old Sep 8, 2021, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by flyer94
Quick question - for any of you that met the 100 SP and got upgraded to full gold already, did you guys get the full Gold pack mailed out to you with the card/bag tags, etc? Will these be mailed out to us if we qualify for full Gold? I don't think the T&Cs didn't mention anything about this...
Yup - I got an full Gold Pack mailed within an week of the email saying I had been shifted to full gold.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 8:55 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Interesting as they are not bothering with the pack for those that requalify the old fashioned way.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by CHCflyer
Interesting as they are not bothering with the pack for those that requalify the old fashioned way.
Interesting - so they're only sending out packs to 'brand-new' Gold members? Did they announce this change to existing members??
Old Sep 11, 2021, 6:59 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by flyer94
Interesting - so they're only sending out packs to 'brand-new' Gold members? Did they announce this change to existing members??
Announced approx 18 months ago. I've had 2 renewals through flying with no pack.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:33 pm

Does anyone get extension? I got two month extension until July
Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:29 pm

Programs: EXP PLT, UA1K, QF Gold
I received a status match last year - have until 30 June to qualify for 'real' Gold, however due to lockdowns / Tasman closure Im short status points - has anyone received an extension to qualify due to these factors ?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:19 am

Do they ever status match other One World programmes? I'm a BA Silver (like NZ gold) and potentially BA gold (like NZ GE) soon. Been looking at some very tempting LH/LX business class fares to NZ but I don't have status on any *A programmes these days. A status match offer might be the motivation I need to pull the trigger!
Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Reason077
Do they ever status match other One World programmes? I'm a BA Silver (like NZ gold) and potentially BA gold (like NZ GE) soon. Been looking at some very tempting LH/LX business class fares to NZ but I don't have status on any *A programmes these days. A status match offer might be the motivation I need to pull the trigger!
Nope. Zero reason for Air NZ to need to do this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:16 am

Programs: Air NZ (*GE), ALL Accor (Diamond)
Originally Posted by Reason077
nope.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 4:12 pm

Has anyone been reassessed and upgraded to full Gold? I checked today and my nominated Gold status is still set to expire July and it now says my new tier effective Aug will be nominated Silver. I have acquired over 100SP over the promotion so I should be upgraded to full Gold for the next eight months. What is everyone else seeing?
Old Dec 9, 2022, 9:13 pm

Is there an email address for Air New Zealand status match questions ?
Old Dec 10, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: Air NZ (*GE), ALL Accor (Diamond)
Originally Posted by himavant
Is there an email address for Air New Zealand status match questions ?
hey mate, email the team at [email protected] - this email is still monitored despite the auto reply. I had a nice communication from a lady named Michelle, recently. I didn’t do this status match promotion, but I was only a few status points away from Elite and they helped me out, otherwise, their Facebook messenger team is very responsive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.