NZ Status Match Promo

Old Jun 17, 21, 5:43 pm
  #31  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Dunedin
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by cavemanzk View Post
Anyone get upgraded to full Gold yet? or are they waiting until the 4month review?

I've just gone over the 100SP already, so wonder if they review it as soon as you hit 100SP?
I completed the 100 SP requirement after the first week of May. After a few days, they gave me the upgrades, but then two days later, they took them back. I am still showing that I need SP to upgrade to Full Gold, so it seems they are waiting to do a review en masse at the end of July.
btravers33 is offline  
Old Aug 5, 21, 6:01 pm
  #32  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Programs: NZ Koru
Posts: 6,167
Anyone else just get reviewed early, I just got my reviewed early as I had already meet the 100SP. Also because of the Tasman Bubble closure, they are now giving an full 12month membership rather than the 8 months that was orginally planned.

Note - doesn't look like any SP you earn above the 100SP count towards your renewal, I'm back to 0 with 810 to renew.
cavemanzk is offline  
Old Sep 8, 21, 12:44 am
  #33  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 21
Quick question - for any of you that met the 100 SP and got upgraded to full gold already, did you guys get the full Gold pack mailed out to you with the card/bag tags, etc? Will these be mailed out to us if we qualify for full Gold? I don't think the T&Cs mentioned anything about this...

Last edited by flyer94; Sep 8, 21 at 1:20 am
flyer94 is offline  
Old Sep 8, 21, 12:58 am
  #34  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Programs: NZ Koru
Posts: 6,167
Originally Posted by flyer94 View Post
Quick question - for any of you that met the 100 SP and got upgraded to full gold already, did you guys get the full Gold pack mailed out to you with the card/bag tags, etc? Will these be mailed out to us if we qualify for full Gold? I don't think the T&Cs didn't mention anything about this...
Yup - I got an full Gold Pack mailed within an week of the email saying I had been shifted to full gold.
cavemanzk is offline  
Old Sep 8, 21, 8:55 pm
  #35  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 577
Interesting as they are not bothering with the pack for those that requalify the old fashioned way.
CHCflyer is offline  
Old Sep 11, 21, 5:49 pm
  #36  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 21
Originally Posted by CHCflyer View Post
Interesting as they are not bothering with the pack for those that requalify the old fashioned way.
Interesting - so they're only sending out packs to 'brand-new' Gold members? Did they announce this change to existing members??
flyer94 is offline  
Old Sep 11, 21, 6:59 pm
  #37  
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: on a short leash
Programs: some
Posts: 71,262
Originally Posted by flyer94 View Post
Interesting - so they're only sending out packs to 'brand-new' Gold members? Did they announce this change to existing members??
Announced approx 18 months ago. I've had 2 renewals through flying with no pack.
Kiwi Flyer is offline  
Old Apr 21, 22, 1:33 pm
  #38  
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 93
Does anyone get extension? I got two month extension until July
edmond00 is offline  
Old Jun 20, 22, 11:29 pm
  #39  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Singapore
Programs: EXP PLT, UA1K, QF Gold
Posts: 20
I received a status match last year - have until 30 June to qualify for 'real' Gold, however due to lockdowns / Tasman closure Im short status points - has anyone received an extension to qualify due to these factors ?
GlobalTvller is offline  
Old Jun 23, 22, 10:19 am
  #40  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: London
Programs: BA, AC, NZ
Posts: 1,230
Do they ever status match other One World programmes? I'm a BA Silver (like NZ gold) and potentially BA gold (like NZ GE) soon. Been looking at some very tempting LH/LX business class fares to NZ but I don't have status on any *A programmes these days. A status match offer might be the motivation I need to pull the trigger!
Reason077 is offline  
Old Jun 23, 22, 1:12 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Zealand (most of the time)
Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Posts: 5,215
Originally Posted by Reason077 View Post
Do they ever status match other One World programmes? I'm a BA Silver (like NZ gold) and potentially BA gold (like NZ GE) soon. Been looking at some very tempting LH/LX business class fares to NZ but I don't have status on any *A programmes these days. A status match offer might be the motivation I need to pull the trigger!
Nope. Zero reason for Air NZ to need to do this.
sbiddle is offline  
Old Jun 27, 22, 2:16 am
  #42  
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: AKL
Programs: ANZ (*AGE), Accor ALL (Diamond), SIXT (Platinum), SQ (*AG)
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by Reason077 View Post
Do they ever status match other One World programmes? I'm a BA Silver (like NZ gold) and potentially BA gold (like NZ GE) soon. Been looking at some very tempting LH/LX business class fares to NZ but I don't have status on any *A programmes these days. A status match offer might be the motivation I need to pull the trigger!
nope.
airbourne_kiwi is offline  
Old Today, 4:12 pm
  #43  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 21
Has anyone been reassessed and upgraded to full Gold? I checked today and my nominated Gold status is still set to expire July and it now says my new tier effective Aug will be nominated Silver. I have acquired over 100SP over the promotion so I should be upgraded to full Gold for the next eight months. What is everyone else seeing?
flyer94 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread