NZ Status Match Promo

Old Apr 19, 2021, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by henrus
Do you have the 2x upgrades? That'll tell you if you've got the touch of gold or full gold.
Oh didn’t think to check the RU’s, it definitely was applied the way I thought it would.

They have updated my membership review date to 30 April 2021, with the new Gold expiry date as the 31 May 2022.

Will be interesting to see what happens at the end of April.

I do wonder if they have looked at the status points back dated for the last 4months when reviewing the the requests.

Apparently according to the website you are meant to be able to track the progress to 100SP on the app/website.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Did anyone else seem to goto straight to full gold, with an expiry or May next year?

Did get any comms back, but just opened my Airpoints account to Gold.
Hey cavemanzk!
How long did it take for AirNZ to get back to you or upgrade status to Gold for you?
Thanks! Dan
Old Apr 19, 2021, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyer94
Hey cavemanzk!
How long did it take for AirNZ to get back to you or upgrade status to Gold for you?
Thanks! Dan
Overnight, but just got the email a couple of days later.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 5:00 pm

Has anyone been denied the status update? I am in NZ and a Silver tier Airpoints member. I applied Sunday night using my China Airlines Dynasty Flyer Emerald status, which would be equivalent to Gold as I have some Sydney trip planned that would get me over the 100 SP hurdle. However, I have heard nothing and seen no update to status in the Airpoints app, which seems to be taking longer than most others, so am a bit concerned...

Thanks all!
Old Apr 21, 2021, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by btravers33
Has anyone been denied the status update? I am in NZ and a Silver tier Airpoints member. I applied Sunday night using my China Airlines Dynasty Flyer Emerald status, which would be equivalent to Gold as I have some Sydney trip planned that would get me over the 100 SP hurdle. However, I have heard nothing and seen no update to status in the Airpoints app, which seems to be taking longer than most others, so am a bit concerned...

Thanks all!
Hmm... I applied Monday night and have yet to hear back via email. There hasn't been any updates on my profile or app yet either. Will report back when I hear back or see anything change!
Old Apr 22, 2021, 5:27 am

Programs: OWS,E+,A3Gold,TK+
Applied 19th
Approved 22nd >(just checked app)

No email confirmation provided.

Submitted Royal Jordanian status and successfully matched Airpoints Gold.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 5:45 am

Programs: AA - EXP
Just checked my profile online and I am indeed Gold once more. AA EXP no issues, yet to receive an email.

If I am able to hit the 100 sp, will this secure 2x RU’s?

I need to go to New Zealand from the US in August/September. I have a friend who is GE with two RU’s he’s gifting me for my birthday.

Another 2x could sweeten the trip a lot!
Old Apr 22, 2021, 11:04 am

Programs: AA - EXP
Originally Posted by mosfet
Just checked my profile online and I am indeed Gold once more. AA EXP no issues, yet to receive an email.

If I am able to hit the 100 sp, will this secure 2x RU’s?

I need to go to New Zealand from the US in August/September. I have a friend who is GE with two RU’s he’s gifting me for my birthday.

Another 2x could sweeten the trip a lot!
Answering my own question, YES!
Old Apr 22, 2021, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by flyer94
Hmm... I applied Monday night and have yet to hear back via email. There hasn't been any updates on my profile or app yet either. Will report back when I hear back or see anything change!
Just providing an update - just logged into my app and profile now reflects Gold status!
Old Apr 23, 2021, 4:57 pm

Thanks all!
Happy to report that my account was updated to Gold as of last night. Interesting difference though: I was previously Silver with 369 SP to get to Gold. It now says that I am Nominated Gold through May 2022 and still need 369 SP to upgrade to Full Gold. Is this how they are handling Airpoints members who were already on their way to Gold?
Old Apr 23, 2021, 6:52 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Happy to report that my account was updated to Gold as of last night. Interesting difference though: I was previously Silver with 369 SP to get to Gold. It now says that I am Nominated Gold through May 2022 and still need 369 SP to upgrade to Full Gold. Is this how they are handling Airpoints members who were already on their way to Gold?
I am assuming so because of Elite. While you can bypass your way to Gold that doesn't remove the total status points required to achieve Elite and so they will continue to track the points accumulated even if they move you up a tier.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Mine says Nominated Gold through May 2022, 714SP to full gold if earned today. That was from an entry level jade account, pre-covid I had shifted most of my flying over to VA and let NZ lapse (what an mistake that was - NZ didn’t offer J on an PM flight to BNE).

I think these is just how NZ system is handling status matches, and someone has an master spreadsheet that manually use in 4 months to follow up...
Old Apr 25, 2021, 9:31 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Applied on the basis of QF Platinum, no email or other advice but when I logged into the app a few days later I was Gold (previously Silver).
Old May 8, 2021, 6:37 am

Programs: HH, VA, QF, SQ, Air NZ
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Mine says Nominated Gold through May 2022, 714SP to full gold if earned today. ..
I also received nominated Gold until 31 May 2022, from VA Plat. But I have never been an AP member before. I did not get the RUs and I need 900 to maintain.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Anyone get upgraded to full Gold yet? or are they waiting until the 4month review?

I've just gone over the 100SP already, so wonder if they review it as soon as you hit 100SP?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.