NZ Status Match Promo

Old Apr 15, 2021, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
NZ Status Match Promo

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...rgin-australia

NZ is currently running an new status match program mainly targeting QF/VA (and other no *A programme’s).

If you get approved you get Gold for 4months, if you earn 100SP in that time you get to keep gold for the reset of the membership year.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 9:04 pm

Programs: NZ*E, Accor Gold, PGR Black
Looks like it's game on in the trans-Tasman status match wars - if you are planning to use your upgrades any time soon it may pay to get them lodged!
Old Apr 15, 2021, 11:00 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...rgin-australia

NZ is currently running an new status match program mainly targeting QF/VA (and other no *A programme’s).

If you get approved you get Gold for 4months, if you earn 100SP in that time you get to keep gold for the reset of the membership year.
Just received that from QANTAS today. Now gold until 31st July. Just have to earn 100SP before then. Easy.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 12:40 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
I would think that one return PE flight would easily hit 100sp? I booked a one way PE flight from AKL to MEL and that was 51SP, I think, so this seems like an amazing deal.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 4:34 am

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
I would think that one return PE flight would easily hit 100sp? I booked a one way PE flight from AKL to MEL and that was 51SP, I think, so this seems like an amazing deal.
I have an internal MEL PER business flight which nearly clears out the 100SP. May 25th.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
It's certainly far more generous than the QF status match which requires a lot more flying.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA - EXP
Not bad!

Reckon I'd have any luck with my AA EXP status? I need to go back to NZ in August could easily get those SPs with an NZ5 flight. Can list my address as my NZ address too.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 4:43 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
If AA status isn't listed as a match... I doubt they'd match it? Edit: didn't actually read the T&Cs, it seems like it probably is

Last edited by kiwifrequentflyer; Apr 16, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Old Apr 16, 2021, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by mosfet
Not bad!

Reckon I'd have any luck with my AA EXP status? I need to go back to NZ in August could easily get those SPs with an NZ5 flight. Can list my address as my NZ address too.
The T&C's only state;
  1. Applications for the Touch of Gold promotion are open to Airpoints™ members who:
a. live in New Zealand or Australia as shown by the residential address listed in their online Airpoints Account; and
b. hold current Gold or higher status (or equivalent) with another airline. Star Alliance airline™ or Cathay Pacific members are ineligible for the promotion.
Given that, I think you should be fine as the only exclusions are Star carriers and CX.
mosfet likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
It's certainly far more generous than the QF status match which requires a lot more flying.
QF is 100SP. Not that much really.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kiwicyclo
QF is 100SP. Not that much really.
Yeah you can currently get AKL-OOL at the moment for $500 Oneway in Bussiness which gets you around 80SP.

Has anyone had an response from NZ yet? I got my VA to QF match in less than 24 hours. Still waiting on NZ.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 9:28 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Yeah you can currently get AKL-OOL at the moment for $500 Oneway in Bussiness which gets you around 80SP.
OOL? That's an Airbus only route, not widebody.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbiddle
OOL? That's an Airbus only route, not widebody.
Sorry was referring to the above comment about getting 100 QF SP's, which QF does offer J to OOL.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Did anyone else seem to goto straight to full gold, with an expiry or May next year?

Did get any comms back, but just opened my Airpoints account to Gold.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 3:57 am

Did anyone else seem to goto straight to full gold, with an expiry or May next year?

Did get any comms back, but just opened my Airpoints account to Gold.
Do you have the 2x upgrades? That'll tell you if you've got the touch of gold or full gold.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.